Notices

Terrible Scratch

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 08:47 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terrible Scratch

I have this scratch, possibly keyed, but not sure, on the right quarter panel of my arctic silver 97 986. The paint is in otherwise good shape with very little fading. It certainly doesn't need painting. The position of this 8 inch scratch is from the top center of the wheel well in a forward and downward arc. My question is: could this be lightly sanded and touched up? If so, would it be able to be lightly sprayed and blended in by a good paint guy? I bought three different types of touch up paint. I have a paint pen, bottle with small brush, and spray can, all of which came from paintscratch.com. I have had no luck myself and have removed all of my efforts with no additional ill effects so far. Any advicce appreciated.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:18 AM
por944trs
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Really depends on how deep the scratch is, wet sanding may help but you will end up thinning the clear coat , in some cases shortening the life of the finish. Touchup will not give you a perfect fix, most times it will hide from a distance, however silver is one of the hardest to do this. I paint for both Jim Ellis & Hennessy Porsche, if you would like me to look @ it , you can call me at 678-777-8622 (cell) M-F

Quick Reply: Terrible Scratch