Notices

Zaino vs. Rejex.....any opinions??

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 07:42 AM
harryb
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino vs. Rejex.....any opinions??

I'm now a Zaino freak......but I've never used Rejex. Any opinions on pros and cons of each product would be appreciated. Is there any value of using both??
Old 12-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is my opinion based on a blind test.

I waxed one panel of one of my cars with Meguiar. Another panel I did with Rejex. Then asked my wife plus 4 other car nuts to tell me which was nicest.

Meguiar won unanimously.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:54 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rejex has lasted longer for me. Zaino may have looked a bit better, but it didn't protect my DD as well and it was 10x harder to apply.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:35 PM
painkiller
Racer

I also use Gold Class and recently purchased Rejex. I tested a few small areas with it and the shine seemed equal, however my car is sitting on jackstands in the garage so I dont know what it will look like in the sun. One of the advantages that Rejex seems to have is for long term protection for everyday vehicles and items like wheels. For guys with modular or other pia to clean wheels it my work well.

PK
Old 12-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Correct about the wheels. I used Rejex on a biz jet for many years (leading edges and wheels).

Easy to remove the carbon soot from the wheels :-)
Old 12-05-2004, 04:03 PM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

OK - my view...please bear in mnd that I am the UK distributor for BOTH Rejex and Zaino.

Personally, I prefer Zaino - my 964 needs the swirl marks removing though, and Rejex doesn't do that.

A fellow 964 Rennlister who I gave some Rejex to to test, loves it.

Rejex is cheaper (in the UK), Zaino has a wider range of products and deals with swirl marks. They both last a good while.

Advanced Car Products is a Rennlist sponsor, and we give 5% discount to Rennlisters.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:01 PM
mtb968
Instructor

Has anyone used the Zaino Z1, Z5 swirl mark coverup, then used Rejex on top of the Zaino Z5? Is this possible? Could you usethe Z6 gloss enhancer over the rejex?

thoughts?
Old 01-18-2005, 05:01 AM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike - I thik you'd be better doing it the other way around - ie RejeX first, then Zaino on top.

My experience with Rejex is that is really needs to bond to paint; if it is bonded to anything else is comes off.

Zaino, on the other hand will apply on top of Rejex, and Z5 will fill any swirl marks.

I'm going to try this on mine at some point.

The Z6 should work on top of Rejex.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Trista
Intermediate

Is Rejex something that can be found at retail stores?
Old 01-21-2005, 12:16 AM
x-autoproducts
Racer

Trista

as a rennlist sponsor, i sell RejeX to rennlist members at a discount. you can use the following link to get to my website's forum discount purchase page. it's $16.09 per bottle, plus $2 for shipping.

www.x-autoproducts.com/pages/forumpurchase.htm

please feel free to call me if you have any questions. also, my company is looking to sponsor some upcoming detail days or other PCA events. if anyone has information regarding any such events, please let let me know.

thanks,

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com
Old 01-21-2005, 04:12 AM
Trista
Intermediate

Originally Posted by x-autoproducts
Trista

as a rennlist sponsor, i sell RejeX to rennlist members at a discount. you can use the following link to get to my website's forum discount purchase page. it's $16.09 per bottle, plus $2 for shipping.

www.x-autoproducts.com/pages/forumpurchase.htm

please feel free to call me if you have any questions. also, my company is looking to sponsor some upcoming detail days or other PCA events. if anyone has information regarding any such events, please let let me know.

thanks,

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com
Thanks x-autoproducts. I'm definitely going to get some since I just got a new clear bra reinstalled. Is the application of rejex a simple process or should I get the product and let my detailer do it for me?
Old 01-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Hey Trista,

Where did you get your clear bra installed?

Hmmmm BUSTED!!!!
Old 01-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

I normally use Zymol and Meguiars in my cars. For the front bumpers, mirrors and wheels I switched to Rejex and its a breeze to maintain.

I did my truck with Rejex (used to use Zymol) and fin the shine to be less than Zymol but it more tha makes up in convenience... I plan to Rejex my whole trailer
Old 01-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have used Zymol, Griots, Mcguires, and Rejex. I use Rejex on my Cayenne and my Titan and The durability of the product is excellent. I don't think the shine is as good and Griots but it lasts MUCH longer. The TT gets Griots Machine Polish and Best of Show wax (I did try Rejex but I did not like the finished project and went back to Griots) I use Zymol Detail and Griots Speed shine for quick jobs. I do use Rejex on all of my wheel and it works great....especially after a few days at the track
Old 01-29-2005, 04:23 PM
x-autoproducts
Racer

Trista

RejeX is very easy to use. it goes on like warm butter, and it comes right off without hardly any effort.

please feel to call me if you have any questions.

thanks,
barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192

Quick Reply: Zaino vs. Rejex.....any opinions??