Notices

Scratch in plastic - Novus?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 06:38 PM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Scratch in plastic - Novus?

I'm sure this happened at the car wash - Scratches on the glossy black surround next to the shifter on my 05 Cayenne. Its hard to feel them with my finger but they really show up against that high gloss black plastic.

I googled "plastic scratch remover" and came up with this stuff called Novus. I ordered a kit that has the following:

Clean and Shine
Fine Scratch Remover
Heavy Scratch Remover
lint-free polishing cloth

Does anyone have experience with this product or have any recommendations or tips for me.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2004, 07:38 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i haven't heard of this company at all, but since it is plastic and damn....u will be seeing every day ...is not worth even trying to fix it...money-time consuming...and it will be not be 100% perfect...i.e. it will have somekind of damage, making you buying a new one....
Old 12-13-2004, 11:05 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I use nothing but Novus on lexan windows - it should work fine for you, follow up with a coat of wax.

Sam
Old 12-16-2004, 11:01 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BaysideC4
I'm sure this happened at the car wash - Scratches on the glossy black surround next to the shifter on my 05 Cayenne. Its hard to feel them with my finger but they really show up against that high gloss black plastic.

I googled "plastic scratch remover" and came up with this stuff called Novus. I ordered a kit that has the following:

Clean and Shine
Fine Scratch Remover
Heavy Scratch Remover
lint-free polishing cloth

Does anyone have experience with this product or have any recommendations or tips for me.

Thanks
Novus works great BUT start out with the #1 first as it is the finest of the 3. #3 is very abrasive and should only be used in the worst case.

I rarely use the #3 buttry and stick with #2 and #1. Use linear motions when applying and for a sealer use Plexus. It has filling properties so it helps hide some of the finer scratches.

In a pinch one can also use the regular white Colgate toothpaste to polish plastic items......and your plastic will never get a cavity

Anthony
Old 12-20-2004, 05:00 PM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

UNBELIEVABLE! Novus rules....
No way to tell it was ever scratched. I started with Novus#3, then #2, then polished with #1. The entire process took 10 minutes.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

I agree with Anthony. Follow up with Plexus.

Quick Reply: Scratch in plastic - Novus?