Notices

black cars and waxes

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004 | 11:58 AM
gilessav
Advanced

Default black cars and waxes

Guys,

I have a Masons black 964 and am wandering which product to use to give it the best and most protected shine possible. It also has a couple of minor scratches which i'm hoping to polish out. I'm keen to use a product like Zymol or similar with the klay bar etc as i hear it takes all the surface contaminants away and the final wax gives amazing results. The cars a weekend and fun car and here in the UK the weather at this time of year is not kind to the cars appearance. Black looks amazing clean but gets dirty very quickly
Suggestions please . Are these prodcuts really that much better and worth the expense than normal car wash/wax from the local autofactor

Cheers
Giles.
Old 11-27-2004 | 06:35 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gilessav
Guys,

I have a Masons black 964 and am wandering which product to use to give it the best and most protected shine possible. It also has a couple of minor scratches which i'm hoping to polish out. I'm keen to use a product like Zymol or similar with the klay bar etc as i hear it takes all the surface contaminants away and the final wax gives amazing results. The cars a weekend and fun car and here in the UK the weather at this time of year is not kind to the cars appearance. Black looks amazing clean but gets dirty very quickly
Suggestions please . Are these prodcuts really that much better and worth the expense than normal car wash/wax from the local autofactor

Cheers
Giles.
hi gilessav,

try zymol starter ebony kit, it is designed for a non metalic black cars,
if your car is black metalic then try carbon kit. please forgive me, i do not know if Masons black is metalick or not....

it is the best u can find.

i used to have a black 964, and i used Zymol.

http://www.type-911.co.uk/images/customers/harris1.jpg

http://www.type-911.co.uk/images/customers/harris3.jpg

concerning the price factor, i must tell u that i sterted with a "starter kit" £99.00 and did end up spending a few weeks a go £670 at zymol to buy a complete kit and almost any other accessories from them for my 996. it is worth every single penny..... try it, but be carefull give them a call in order to tell you how you will have to clean the car, how to apply the pre wax cleaner, wax...etc, how to polish it and generally how to treat your car in every term.they are very helpfull...

www.vertar.com is an authorised zymol dealer, no affliation at all. i am just pleased with the results, having try e v e r y possible polishing stuff, i cannot compare it with anything else......

i used to live in oxford during the period 96-2003

i have a feeling that you are the other black 964 that i have seen cruising around oxford center, headinghton and especially near high street....( i have only seen 1, crusing around, but i cannot remember at all your reg. i have a feeling though that it has 17 cups....and can hardly remember that it is 91-92 K reg. is that correct?

my reg was K 525 BUD.....

do you mind telling me yours?

e-mail me privatelly if you want harristheodoridis@hotmail.com

i have loads of info four your and my ex car....
Old 11-30-2004 | 07:00 AM
gilessav
Advanced

Hi Harris,

Thanks for the very useful info. My car is a J reg LHD 964 but have only owned it since Feb 2004 so it may be a different one you noticed in Oxford. I've seen a couple around myself. I may well give Zymol a go as it sounds good and your pictures look great. I think the Masons black is regarded as a metallic but i'll double check the option codes to be sure. Have also just added a secondary bypass to the car so it now sounds great along with the drilled airbox. Hows the 996 in comparison, much more modern i expect, ever miss the older styling of the 964!

Cheers
Giles.
Old 11-30-2004 | 09:49 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gilessav
Hi Harris,

Thanks for the very useful info. My car is a J reg LHD 964 but have only owned it since Feb 2004 so it may be a different one you noticed in Oxford. I've seen a couple around myself. I may well give Zymol a go as it sounds good and your pictures look great. I think the Masons black is regarded as a metallic but i'll double check the option codes to be sure. Have also just added a secondary bypass to the car so it now sounds great along with the drilled airbox. Hows the 996 in comparison, much more modern i expect, ever miss the older styling of the 964!

Cheers
Giles.

hi Giles,

go with Zymol, pictures are not the best i have, i will send you my best from my home pc....tomorrow.

964 is a great car. stylish, classic, civilized, quick, fast, good handling, a car with character.
993 is even better, more modern, better handling than 963 as quick as 964, but a bit more smooth.
996 is a very very very fast car, even though is not that fast as you feel. It is faster…..less involving than 964-993, best handling P-car, very modern,very smooth extremely civilized car, but no character Giles!!!!

964 is something that I will never forget, will be always in my heart and mind. If you can never sell it my friend. Never…..

where do you service your car?

If you really need something e-mail me or take your car to www.bsmotorsport.com ask for Neil Bainbridge, great guy…..

Quick Reply: black cars and waxes