Recommdation for Leather Care

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 03:11 AM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Recommdation for Leather Care

I'm hunting for a better product to take car of the leather in my '97 993 C2S; it's in good condition but a bit dry. The interior is black.
In the past, I've used relatively inexpensive products with mediocre results and just bought the Zaino product - I love their exterior products but not very impressed with the Leather in a Bottle product.
What have people used with good results?
Thanks,
Rick
Old 05-24-2004, 11:50 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Rick,
I think I've tried just about everything out there. I've been using Griot's Garage products for 3 or 4 years now and I'm really impressed with their stuff. Easy on, easy off and normally lasts longer than Zymol (yuch!) etc.
Their leather care does not make the seats shiney and I notice the leather feeling softer after applying.
www.griotsgarage.com No affiliatin......Just satisfied/happy!
Old 06-26-2004, 01:06 PM
Micah
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I've tried Hide Food from Rolls a couple of times, and it was pretty nice. That having been said, I really can't see much of a difference between it and Lexol. Lexol is easier to apply (and cheaper) so I generally stick with it instead.

Hide Food is actually almost like a paste, and so I can see where it may be more beneficial to dried-out leather than Lexol (which is liquid).

Micah
Old 06-26-2004, 07:05 PM
epbrown01
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been happiest with Leatherique's products in my Porsches and my Rolls-Royce. Hide Food was actually made by Connolly, btw, who supplies RR's leather so you can get their stuff at Jaguar and RR dealerships. RR/Bentley/BMW/VW has no affiliation...

Emanuel
Old 07-05-2004, 04:24 PM
jonw440
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This post has been deleted due to it's blatent disregard of the self promotion rules associated with this community. You can access the rules here: http://www.rennlist.org/charter.htm and https://rennlist.com/nospam.htm .

Last edited by jonw440; 07-05-2004 at 10:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Recommdation for Leather Care