Notices

My 996 Turbo GT2 tribute & Review of Polished 2 Perfection in MD! (Lots of pics!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 01:42 AM
sempaipaul
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts
Default My 996 Turbo GT2 tribute & Review of Polished 2 Perfection in MD! (Lots of pics!)

Hi all,

“Review’s” aren’t really my thing regardless of the type - - - good or bad - - - or “subject” for which they are associated with - - - however, since recently having a significant amount of work performed by Polished 2 Perfection at 313 Serendipity Drive, Millersville, MD (Instagram: p2pofmd) I was beyond compelled to share my experience with the team there and specifically Brian who is the owner and an absolutely obsessive OCD perfectionist gear head (in the best way I could ever explain!)

To start - - - last year I had purchased a 2001 996 Turbo which was very well sorted with only 59K miles. The car came with an unbelievable pedigree of ownership ranging back to the leadership of the PCA in the West Coast. Additionally along with the car came an overflowing 3 inch ring binder with information on maintenance, upgrades, concourse event participation evaluations, etc. Car was certainly garage kept and did see some track days. Some highlights on the car as I know I’ll get some questions otherwise
  • OEM GT2 front conversion with all the duct work
  • OEM GT2 wheels with 235/315 R888R tires
  • GT2 Rear decklid and wing conversion
  • GMG Club Sport Suspension Package. This package includes double adjustable remote reservoir Moton shocks as well as all suspension link upgrades
  • GT1 Hybrid Turbos by Ultimate Motorwerks and Tune
  • GT2 intercoolers
  • Custom free-flowing titanium exhaust by jchutch (Instagram: jchutch)
  • Adjustable swaybars with TRG drop links
  • Brey Krausse Harness Bar with Schroth 4 point Cam Lock harness
  • Carbon Fiber elephant ear seats
  • Carbon fiber OEM interior trim package
  • GT3 center console delete package
  • Rollcage/bar
  • 350MM front rotors
  • Steel Braided Brake Lines all around
  • Billet Pop-off Valves and Forged Diverter Valves
  • Ported and Extrude Honed Exhaust Manifold
  • Powder coated and Extrude Honed Y-Pipe
  • Ceramic coated Exhaust and Hot Side of Turbos
  • Stud conversion all around
  • Alpine Bluetooth and Satellite sound system with upgraded speakers.
… other things that I am sure I am forgetting.

Upon purchasing and enjoying as is - I wanted to step it up a notch and found P2P. Upon speaking with Brian and seeing some of his prior work including his own CTSV I was convinced to have a go at it.

P2P performed the following:
  • Full decontamination and paint correction
  • Clear-shield installation on the full front (note 1 piece for the GT2 number - free hand cut). Full front included bumper, full front fenders, hood, a-pillars, mirror, and a section of the roof. Additionally, headlights were done as well as the “triangle” sections in front of the rear wheels.
  • Ceramic-coating with Feynlab products on the full car as well as the newly re-powdercoated GT2 wheels
  • Full under-side dry-ice cleaning (inclusive of removal of pans, etc.)
Following are the exterior outcomes - - - and, we’ll get to the dry-ice in a bit…

Some actual in-progress pictures…

De-contamination and paint correction (before):

After (you could count the number of LED's in the ceiling light through the reflection clarity):

Clearshield Installation:

Ceramic Coating - - - not much to see on the process on the car itself - however, what struck me were the calipers ...note that they were originally missing clearcoat on the original paint and ceramic coating did an exceptional job at hiding such:

Before:

After:

Lastly - - - dry-ice cleaning which was certainly the most impressive and time consuming portion of the overall project… I do not have professional shots for the “before” however - even my iPhone 6 pictures do a great job showing the difference.

Some shots of the set up - - - everything protected…

Magician himself at work!

Before (rear underside - - - case):

After (same view):

Before and After together:

Before (one of the wheel arches):

After (one of the other wheel arches completed):

And - - - probably the shots everyone that’s read along has been waiting for……

And yes…. That is still my car. Also - yes, I am now afraid to drive it to get a spec of dust on the under-chassis!

Here are some other pictures of another SC that he was putting on the lift that we grabbed when he was done with mine that shows the process a bit better:

This one is not finished just yet - and, from my understanding the gentleman that owned this was was also considering bringing in his RWB which I am certainly excited to see some results off as well.

All in all - - - I write this “review” in a consistent feeling of awe and slight anxiety for ever driving my turbo anywhere!

Hats off and couldn’t wholeheartedly recommend Brian and his team at Polished 2 Perfection more. This is the place to go to for ANY aesthetic work on your car!!!

Also - - - full credit on the professional shots to Gary Tajudin ( www.lostmediaphotography.com - - - Instagram: xlost_king_media ). By far one of THE best if not THE best photographer that I've seen work...

Thank you!
Paul
The following users liked this post:
Chris MI 987 (11-11-2021)

Quick Reply: My 996 Turbo GT2 tribute & Review of Polished 2 Perfection in MD! (Lots of pics!)