Notices

Zip up, drive in car storage cover for 981

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 12:19 AM
Sub
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Zip up, drive in car storage cover for 981

Im looking for a cheaper zip up cover for indoor winter storage. I dont need a liner or anything special, just a full 360 zippered cover. Cheapest I've found is $300 CarBag, which still seems like a lot for a one time use thing. I’ll just use it once for a few months at a storage facility and want to keep rodents out.
Old 08-28-2021, 08:42 AM
Jedi Apprentice
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts

My dad’s mechanic highly suggested car bag as well for avoiding rodent issues. He mentioned that he was frustrated for his customers at all the rodent work he was getting in the spring after the first waves of COVID and WFH. Thinking about making the investment as well.
The following users liked this post:
bmchan (08-28-2021)
Old 08-28-2021, 09:59 PM
Sub
Racer

Originally Posted by Jedi Apprentice
My dad’s mechanic highly suggested car bag as well for avoiding rodent issues. He mentioned that he was frustrated for his customers at all the rodent work he was getting in the spring after the first waves of COVID and WFH. Thinking about making the investment as well.
They are great. I actually have one for my zl1 (bought it for my stingray a while back) and they are great. I just want a second one for the 981. I'm just going to have to spring for a new one I think.

The protocol I used was put the car in bag (as dry as possible - dont wash the car just before and pick a non humid day).. put a few big bags of desiccant in, disconnect the battery and zip it up. Some say to crack the window and overinflate the tires a few psi, but I didnt do that. I lay down a few blocks of green poison stuff outside the bag and I had zero mice issues. Car is like new when it emerges.. It just sucks they are so expensive. After shipping, they're like $400 or something. Thats a lot of dough for a zipped up tarp.

Its nearly impossible to search for these things. If anyone finds a zip up bag for less, please let me know!
Old 09-03-2021, 06:04 AM
ckarlos
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just saw the carcoon while browsing online. It looks like a good solution but expensive.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:26 AM
Sub
Racer

Thats a crazy solution, but alas, I have no power at the storage facility.

Quick Reply: Zip up, drive in car storage cover for 981