Notices

Best Maintenance Product for Ceramic Pro

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 12:43 PM
911NOLA
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Best Maintenance Product for Ceramic Pro

Sorry, I have looked for an answer to this but have not been satisfied with what I have found. What are the best products to consider for application a few times a year to maintain my CeramicPro coating? I have seen a lot of discussion about this, but not specifically as it regards CeramicPro. I am trying to be sure I do not use something that will harm the coating or impact the "guarantee", for whatever it may be worth. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:52 PM
motoo344
Three Wheelin'

Received 467 Likes on 329 Posts

Ask the detailer what they recommend for it? I forget CP tiers but I know they have or did have some spray type sealants when I was looking into selling it but that was a few years ago. If they wont sell it to you then you, which wouldn't surprise me, you are going to have to try something else, Carpro Reload is good but can be tricky to use. Adam's just came out with a new product called Ceramic Boost. No toppers should impact the longevity of the coating if it has been properly applied.

Last edited by motoo344; 01-13-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:52 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Good advice. Ask your current pro who did the install.

Over my CQuartz Pro, I'm using Kenotek with great success. I've also heard good things about Reload.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:08 PM
Monetthecat
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I use Reload over my CQuartz Pro coating and have been happy with it. Reload is made by CarPro which also makes CQuartz coatings.

I apply every 1-2 months and it only takes 30 minutes at most. Easy on and easy off
Old 01-14-2019, 11:05 AM
Scooby921
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The ceramic coating should be inert and non-reactive. Any nano-coating maintenance product should work. You can use the stuff you spray on while washing the car (Hydrosilex, Gyeon Wet, CarPro Hydro2), or you can use an after-wash product (CarPro Reload, Gyeon Booster or CanCoat, Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz), or perhaps something more multi-purpose like the Kenotek quick detailer + nano protectant that LexVan uses. They should all be clear and colorless, and they all contain nano-particles. One might last a few weeks or a few months longer than the next. Buy whatever lines up with how frequently you want to wash and detail the car. If you wash the car monthly perhaps the spray-on / wash-off products are best. If you go months between washing (don't drive enough to get dirty) then maybe Reload or Cosmic Spritz are a better option since you'll only need to apply them quarterly or semi-annually. I really want to try the Kenotek since it's basically applying another layer of nano-protectant every time you decide to do a quick detail wipe before taking the car out. It sounds like a 2-for-1 return on the effort invested.

I went two years before buying and using a maintenance coating. I put CarPro Reload on top of Gtechniq CSL. I notice zero difference between using and not using the maintenance coating. I suppose that's the point, equivalent performance and extending the life of the ceramic coating, but it does make me question the necessity. If my ceramic coating is supposed to last three years and I can extend that to five years by spending another $50 on a maintenance coating, why didn't I just spend $60 on another bottle of CSL and apply a second layer of ceramic to extend from 3 years to 5+ years without the added process step of applying a maintenance coating multiple times a year?

For what it's worth I don't understand all of the complaints and reports that CarPro Reload is difficult to work with. It's a coating, not a wash. You apply like you would a quick detailer or liquid wax. One or two sprays on an area, rub in, and wipe off with a clean towel. People have to be using it liberally like a waterless wash to have some of the issues I've seen reported.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:12 PM
motoo344
Three Wheelin'

Received 467 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooby921
The ceramic coating should be inert and non-reactive. Any nano-coating maintenance product should work. You can use the stuff you spray on while washing the car (Hydrosilex, Gyeon Wet, CarPro Hydro2), or you can use an after-wash product (CarPro Reload, Gyeon Booster or CanCoat, Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz), or perhaps something more multi-purpose like the Kenotek quick detailer + nano protectant that LexVan uses. They should all be clear and colorless, and they all contain nano-particles. One might last a few weeks or a few months longer than the next. Buy whatever lines up with how frequently you want to wash and detail the car. If you wash the car monthly perhaps the spray-on / wash-off products are best. If you go months between washing (don't drive enough to get dirty) then maybe Reload or Cosmic Spritz are a better option since you'll only need to apply them quarterly or semi-annually. I really want to try the Kenotek since it's basically applying another layer of nano-protectant every time you decide to do a quick detail wipe before taking the car out. It sounds like a 2-for-1 return on the effort invested.

I went two years before buying and using a maintenance coating. I put CarPro Reload on top of Gtechniq CSL. I notice zero difference between using and not using the maintenance coating. I suppose that's the point, equivalent performance and extending the life of the ceramic coating, but it does make me question the necessity. If my ceramic coating is supposed to last three years and I can extend that to five years by spending another $50 on a maintenance coating, why didn't I just spend $60 on another bottle of CSL and apply a second layer of ceramic to extend from 3 years to 5+ years without the added process step of applying a maintenance coating multiple times a year?

For what it's worth I don't understand all of the complaints and reports that CarPro Reload is difficult to work with. It's a coating, not a wash. You apply like you would a quick detailer or liquid wax. One or two sprays on an area, rub in, and wipe off with a clean towel. People have to be using it liberally like a waterless wash to have some of the issues I've seen reported.
Hyrdo2 is my go to. Its stupid easy to use and has good longevity, I am sure the other wet coats are good as well. There are/were a lot of complaints on Reload in the early days, they have changed the formula 2 or 3 times and have suggested cutting it with water. It is as easy as you say the problems I have found with it can be that it leaves streaking or at least it used to.

Quick Reply: Best Maintenance Product for Ceramic Pro