Notices

Water Spots on my 14 C2

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 02:40 PM
rporzio
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Water Spots on my 14 C2

Hi Everyone, has anyone used this product on their paint to remove water spots? I just got it yesterday and tested it on my windshield and rear window and it does work using a microfiber applicator with moderate pressure followed by a cleanup up with detailer and a soft polish cloth to remove the streaks, so I'm happy with that and would really like to tackle the hood, roof and tail but wanted to see if anyone else has some experience to share. Thanks, R

Old 01-11-2019, 03:15 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Rporzio, read up on some of TOGWT's threads. He's on other internet sites, too. Sounds like clay is a very good start. Here is one of his older threads:

https://rennlist.com/forums/concours...8-05-07-a.html
Old 01-11-2019, 03:25 PM
rporzio
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks Lex, I really appreciate your help and direction...
Old 01-12-2019, 11:54 AM
motoo344
Three Wheelin'

Received 467 Likes on 329 Posts

Water spots can be very difficult and even more so on glass. Worst case scenario it needs to be polished, unfortunately if its etched in there isn't much that can be done product wise.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:35 PM
Scooby921
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by motoo344
Water spots can be very difficult and even more so on glass. Worst case scenario it needs to be polished, unfortunately if its etched in there isn't much that can be done product wise.
Yeah. I had this problem on my paint. While visiting someone I didn't realize their lawn sprinklers were going to spray everything in the driveway. Sprinkler draws from a well, so plenty of iron content. My car got sprayed and then baked on a cloudless 100°F day.

Water spots looked like this after a wash and clay bar.

Still looked like this after half a dozen applications of CarPro water spot remover.

Compounded with Rupes Quarz and polished with Rupes Keramik and still didn't get all of the water spots out.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:03 PM
motoo344
Three Wheelin'

Received 467 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooby921
Yeah. I had this problem on my paint. While visiting someone I didn't realize their lawn sprinklers were going to spray everything in the driveway. Sprinkler draws from a well, so plenty of iron content. My car got sprayed and then baked on a cloudless 100°F day.

Water spots looked like this after a wash and clay bar.

Still looked like this after half a dozen applications of CarPro water spot remover.

Compounded with Rupes Quarz and polished with Rupes Keramik and still didn't get all of the water spots out.

Sprinkler water seems to be the worst. Sometimes there isn't much you can do or at least without possibly removing more clear coat that would be worth it. A lot of people expect perfection because of what they see online.

Quick Reply: Water Spots on my 14 C2