Notices

PPF: Manhattan Motorcar vs. Detailing Dynamics

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 09:07 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 35 Posts
Default PPF: Manhattan Motorcar vs. Detailing Dynamics

Hey everyone--I have a GT3 coming in this fall in the NYC area.

I was going to have the car paint corrected and PPF'ed at Detailing Dynamics. However, Manhattan Motorcar (my dealer) suggests I let them do it. They have a vendor come in and do it in their shop.

Obviously letting the dealer handle the PPF would make things simpler for me logistically, but I haven' heard anything about the quality of the work. Apparently it is a new top-of-line vendor they're using.

Any one have any experience they can share? Thanks!
Old 07-20-2018, 01:26 PM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts

Mafoofan DON’T GET YOUR CAR PPF OR PAINT CORRECTED AT MANHATTAN MOTOR CARS! I buy all my cars from there and clearly the Sales Department is amazing, Service Department so, so...., Detail/PPF Department a absolute joke! Many members have had horrible experiences with them for over priced PPF Costs, SUPER POOR QUALITY OF WORK ON THE PPF with cut marks on the paint and cut outs for areas needing cuts. Options are simple, I would either go to Detail Dynamics which do a amazing job in LI or in Jersey there’s Signature Detail, Greg does an amazing job and really knows his stuff. Another one for convenience where they pick up the car in a enclosed trailer from MMC and delivers to you after they are done is Oakes Detail. I’ve used them before and was really happy with the work. Do your homework and look at the jobs, clearly you will see the proof in the pudding. If I was going to rate these companies I would use Signature Detail first, Oakes Detail second, and Detail Dynamics third. All the other guys in the NY/NJ/PA area are just ok and I don’t like to comment on them.
Its a shame that Manhattan Motor Cars doesn’t realize that they are giving their customers subpar quality to their high end cars and customers. Call and ask these three companies to show you the work they needed to replace the PPF on MMC cars purchased, it’s interesting when you see the photos.... Good Luck with your new car.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:28 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 698 Likes on 366 Posts

+1 for detailing dynamics
Old 07-22-2018, 01:33 PM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would love to assist if you would like any advice
Old 07-22-2018, 02:29 PM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
+1 for detailing dynamics
Unless Moe you open up, then you go to the top of the list! 😁
Old 07-22-2018, 05:19 PM
rockdoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for Moe. I drive my p car down from San Francisco to Glistening Perfection. Plus I get to stretch the legs fo my car along the way in some of SoCals best twisties.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:36 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 698 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by JPJRJR70

Unless Moe you open up, then you go to the top of the list! 😁
thank you sir...until then, Matt and Eddie are who’d I use on my car.

Originally Posted by rockdoc
+1 for Moe. I drive my p car down from San Francisco to Glistening Perfection. Plus I get to stretch the legs fo my car along the way in some of SoCals best twisties.
thank you for the amazing support Alvin. Looking forward to the transformation this round now that we have a bit more tine 👍
Old 07-23-2018, 09:28 AM
MMCporsche
Former Vendor

Hi!
We have the best industry professionals working in our After Sales Department here at Manhattan Motorcars. Our professionals experience range from wraps to paint corrections. Anything you need done to your GT3 we have you covered!
Old 07-23-2018, 06:00 PM
bahocale
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does MMC do custom vinyl wrap work?

i want to get my chrome window trim on my cayenne wrapped in the gloss black.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:18 AM
MMCporsche
Former Vendor

Here are some pictures of our After Market Department. Where we would do your paint correction
Old 07-28-2018, 09:59 AM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Show us the work you have done on your cars? Especially detailed work, would love to see that! Showing your clean area shop is great and like I stated your dealership in Sales is above all, but after you did one of my vehicles so poorly I had to have it removed, paint corrected (Paint had cut marks) and replaced the proper way.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:55 PM
Extreme Autowerks
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPJRJR70
Show us the work you have done on your cars? Especially detailed work, would love to see that! Showing your clean area shop is great and like I stated your dealership in Sales is above all, but after you did one of my vehicles so poorly I had to have it removed, paint corrected (Paint had cut marks) and replaced the proper way.
+1 Seeing work in person, ESPECIALLY with PPF is extremely important! From our experience dealerships are more about saving money that finding the best installers.

Quick Reply: PPF: Manhattan Motorcar vs. Detailing Dynamics