Notices

OT: Detailing with Mike Phillips of Autogeek

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 10:29 PM
indianam3
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts
Default OT: Detailing with Mike Phillips of Autogeek

I was fortunate enough to get a spot in Mike Phillips Autogeek detailing class. In addition to the 3 day class he does in Florida, he is now doing one and two day road show classes in different locations around the US. He just completed one in Indianapolis, In, which I attended. I would give the class very high marks. Really well organized, printed and followed agenda, great instruction, representatives for Sonax, Flex, Pinnacle, and others in attendance. I was able to try several DA’s and orbitals from Flex, Griots, Rupes, and others. I was also able to chemically strip a car and apply a ceramic coating, which I had never done. The event was held in one of the garages at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway museum. I have attached 2 pictures, one is one their Facebook page. It is me taking a picture of a door I had paint corrected, final polished, and waxed. The second is a car of Tony George’s they had us work on after completion, a 71 Cadillac. The Autogeek website will tell you if a class is coming to a location close to you. At the end of the day a full review and critique, nice swag, and real $$$ credited to your Autogeek account to use as you see fit. Great day.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:22 AM
95_993
Race Car

Received 501 Likes on 344 Posts

Sounds like it was a great hands-on experience. Thanks for sharing
Old 07-06-2018, 12:57 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Took his class 10+ years ago at Meguiars Irvine, a great mix of theory and hands on skills, after which I bought more product from them than ever before.
exceptional instructor too
Old 07-07-2018, 06:28 PM
ProReflection
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup, Mike is the man ! meet him twice when he visit Texas, he knows his stuff
Old 07-08-2018, 02:04 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Mike is without question a great instructor and very knowledgeable when it comes to paint correction. I helped Mike organize the very first detailing class at the Irvine Meguiars location back in 2002/3 IIRC. At the time I had good basic knowledge of paint correction but after attending three more classes I truly understood many of the nuances and best practices.

Quick Reply: OT: Detailing with Mike Phillips of Autogeek