Notices

My 2018 Daytona Violet M3 ZCP Aesthetic Build [perpetual videos & picture updates]

Old 05-27-2018, 03:44 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts
Exclamation My 2018 Daytona Violet M3 ZCP Aesthetic Build [perpetual videos & picture updates]

I've worked extensively on so many Rennlister's cars through the years...hopefully, y'all can enjoy my own build this time around. Know that it will definitely be interesting! And when completed, you're all welcome to swing by my facility to check "Laura" out!

South Carolina Performance Center Delivery

It was a minute of waiting since I ordered her but my day finally came at the BMW Performance Center on April 5, 2018. The experience BMW provides a private owner with was fantastic. Donnie Isley was the instructor that took my group out and he kept things fun with his dry humor(which I happen to be a huge fan of) and excellent feedback.

I will be updating the thread from time to time when there's something that may be worth while to share. We'll be releasing some truly unique(and hopefully entertaining) content through my Youtube channel as well. In the meantime, I hope you can enjoy some of the pictures and videos available right now.

Name:  OaEGMHG.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  422.0 KB

--------------------------------------------------
Amaro Brown Extended Leather

I believe the extended full Amaro leather lays beautifully against the daytona violet. My interior modifications will all be inline with a tasteful and, hopefully, not overstated approach(well...with some context, opinions are subjective of course )

Name:  aSHNnIb.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  194.9 KB

Name:  kYD1OQL.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  144.9 KB

Part I: Georgia to the BMW Performance Center

If you guys/ladies like vlog-style content, you may enjoy this video/series I am putting together on our M3 purchase/build. I'm not an overly exciting person in front of a camera (it's actually more difficult than one may think to be natural while knowingly being videoed). But hopefully the story makes it worth your while.

Part I is more about the travel and hotel experience BMW provides leading up to the Performance Center. I hope to update with a new part every week or two. I hope y'all enjoy.

Part II: The Delivery

Part II is arguably better than Part I and shares the moment I saw the car the first time. After looking it over I also found a couple neat surprises too!

Name:  HDkrIse.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  296.3 KB

Part III: Load & Go

I have taken delivery and now is the time to load her up in my enclosed transport. Here we go!

Extended Amaro Brown leather gets dialed in in 4K video

After more than a month of owning "Laura" and her sitting, I finally began on getting her dolled up and protected.

Here's a video showing the full process for the leather cleaning, decontaminating and protecting. Just a brief heads up...it's a long-format video. Might be best served while enjoy a few cups of coffee in the morning.

Satin Paint Protection Film or Not?

My plans have been to wrap my Daytona Violet M3 with satin PPF since it was ordered. But the time has come to see how it will actually look in person.

I am comfortable in knowing this is not for everyone. Feel free to throw shade, I have thick skin ��

This video is where I share my .02 on an area the satin PPF excels in over a glossy finish PPF and if I feel the satin finish will ultimately be the right fit for my shop car. But first thing's first....I need to see how it will look.

Also shown is the exact appearance of the satin PPF in direct sunlight and diffused lighting from multiple angles. (starts at 3:11) I believe this is the most telling part of the video that will lift the fog for most folks on how satin PPF affects a color.

Last edited by Detailed Designs; 05-27-2018 at 03:47 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 05-27-2018, 03:48 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Feel free to follow my car's Instagram account as well:
@onesweetm3
Old 05-28-2018, 12:34 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,957 Likes on 2,038 Posts

Going to watch the video series later, but congrats on getting that M3. What a fantastic build.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:54 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Going to watch the video series later, but congrats on getting that M3. What a fantastic build.
Thanks! I tried to make it as special as I could.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:07 PM
ProReflection
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking good!
Old 07-12-2018, 09:14 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

The latest video sharing some of the wash and decontamination process. The video also shows off some of the superficial defects that were visible even before the decontamination.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 2018 Daytona Violet M3 ZCP Aesthetic Build [perpetual videos & picture updates]