Notices

Minnesota chat thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 05:22 PM
moresyporsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well tonight its lights out for my little gal for the winter, my tears are starting to form. I have a custom cover for it so i will have to take a photo with me to Florida. I am leaving Sunday for 10 days and i would have loved to drive it down, but not this year. I did have some great news, I changed oil so it would be fresh for winter and not turn acidic. I drained oil and cut open the filter and not one foreign body not one shiny piece. At least not to my naked eye with a magnifying glass. Smiles all around. Putting a battery minder on it and it should be good to go. I will have to remember to call insurance agent and drop the part that I don't need in a storeage setting. Can't wait till Spring
Old 11-10-2017, 05:23 PM
moresyporsche
Intermediate

Just remember to get those ***** out of the intake
Old 11-10-2017, 06:27 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Check check check. Need to get those everywhere you mentioned.

Safe travels and have fun.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:26 PM
Josh Hway
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Whats going on David! I think I've seen you around, or else a similar 911. Definitely get connected in with Nord Stern, its a great group of people. Hope to see you around at more stuff in 2018!

This is my rig. 07 987 S.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:40 PM
moresyporsche
Intermediate

Damn my cayenne’s two key fobs quit working. This car has entry drive system. It used to lock automatically and all you had to do is pull on door handle twice and doors would unlock. And by pressing the lock and unlock on the fob would do nothing. After getting frustrated yesterday I quit Messi g with it Until this morning it started to get back half of its functions. I don’t get it so Thursday driving to Maplewood porsche. I got a feeling it might be the messy box that is something that makes a cash register sound.
Many ideas guys and gals. I bet $400-500 to make it right on the low side I bet it’s going to be something more expensive. The only hope is that I installed a new battery and some crazy things went wonky
Old 12-04-2017, 10:18 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Originally Posted by Josh Hway
Whats going on David! I think I've seen you around, or else a similar 911. Definitely get connected in with Nord Stern, its a great group of people. Hope to see you around at more stuff in 2018!

This is my rig. 07 987 S.
Hi Josh. Nice car you have there. Would love to see it in person and compare notes and learn more about the 987.

I'm a card carrying member of PCA and Nord so I'm sure we'll meet.

Originally Posted by moresyporsche
Damn my cayenne’s two key fobs quit working. This car has entry drive system. It used to lock automatically and all you had to do is pull on door handle twice and doors would unlock. And by pressing the lock and unlock on the fob would do nothing. After getting frustrated yesterday I quit Messi g with it Until this morning it started to get back half of its functions. I don’t get it so Thursday driving to Maplewood porsche. I got a feeling it might be the messy box that is something that makes a cash register sound.
Many ideas guys and gals. I bet $400-500 to make it right on the low side I bet it’s going to be something more expensive. The only hope is that I installed a new battery and some crazy things went wonky
That doesn't bode well. I hope you get it fixed.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:19 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Almost took the car out this past weekend. So tempting with how warm it was.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:01 AM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

I'm going to be on the lookout for any Pcars out for the next week. Curious to see how their tires perform in this cold environment. I'm eager for summer 2018 already!
Old 12-22-2017, 09:07 AM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/clas...cid=spartanntp

I would love for this to happen to me while I'm driving around and looking for a hobby car.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:36 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

So I've got a spare bumper for the factory aero kit. I'm considering selling it. It's the real deal, not a rep or knockoff. Wondering what I should do since I could use space in my garage.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:17 PM
Josh Hway
Intermediate

Originally Posted by David HUDGENS
Hi Josh. Nice car you have there. Would love to see it in person and compare notes and learn more about the 987.

I'm a card carrying member of PCA and Nord so I'm sure we'll meet.

That doesn't bode well. I hope you get it fixed.
Definitely. I was thinking about starting a super casual monthly Porsche meet out here in the western burbs somewhere during the warmer months. Maybe Minnetonka DriveIn.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:19 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Yes please! I'd be down for a casual Porsche meet. Would you guys do it on the weekends? And will you consider holding these meets at different casual venues?
Old 12-27-2017, 03:23 PM
Josh Hway
Intermediate

By the way you asked that question, it feels like you were assuming I am someone in charge of something, but I am not. Haha. I just thought it would be fun to do a social thing on a regular basis outside of the regular Nord Stern events. It can be structured any which way.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:37 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Ha! Good catch.

I think it would be a great idea to just get something going and have small meets and greets. Sometimes I prefer those to huge car shows or meets.

I'm always keeping my eyes open for some cool venues to get together with other enthusiasts.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:48 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Hello gentlemen. I am Henry. Just stumbled on this thread. Seasons Greetings!

I live in Minnetonka. Belong to PCA/Nord Sten as well; but, haven't attended any event yet. Would love to meet up for drives. Since we have a long hibernation, would be cool to meet up monthly and talk about cars, motorsports, etc. Here are my four-wheel rides:

Quick Reply: Minnesota chat thread