Notices

Potential move to DFW area

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 01:27 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts
Default Potential move to DFW area

Figured I would ask in this community. Early burn yet but I may be getting relocated to DFW/Irving area.

What cities should I start to look at with these qualifications?
1. Must have great high schools, academically not necessarily athletically.
2. Need to be able to have RV parking

After those must haves then these would be the other things.
Max about 30 minute drive to Irving (NE side). Univ. of Dallas area
1. Good Porsche community
2. Love C&C and those are early so would like to be close by
3. Would like to not be on top of my neighbors so maybe a little land. 1/2 acre maybe.(don't laugh that's a lot for Socal)
3. DO NOT want a old fixer/upper. No time for that so something in a newer area.

Any thoughts would be great.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:43 PM
ChicagoM4
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey man, my wife and I just bought a place in Frisco - moving from Chicago. I think I get what you are looking for and below are some suggestions:

In general, try to stay North of the George Bush turnpike. South of there, houses are older and schools are a hit and miss. I think in each area you will be able to find 1/2 acre places.

- Plano: very developed, many companies located here, good C&C, house are a bit older here though (>15 years) compared to other areas. Schools are very good, central location to airport, downtown, town center.

- Frisco / East Little Elm: Newer development, a tad pricier since it is newer. Schools here are said to be the best. Not sure C&C is here but it's 15-20 minutes to the Plano C&C. This is just north of Plano.

- McKinney: similar to Frisco (and just East) but smaller and has an old town area.

- Allen: similar to Plano but there is one giant high school which makes it extremely competitive/overwhelming.

Lewisville: Nice little area. Not exactly sure the differences though to Plano / Frisco.

Let me know if you need a realtor referral
Old 03-05-2016, 05:46 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 501 Likes on 267 Posts

Post this in Off Topic, you will get a great many more responses. There are a huge number of Porsche people here in DFW.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:52 PM
GrandLaker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out Prosper. Great schools! Daughter recently relocated there. Very nice area.

Quick Reply: Potential move to DFW area