Notices

Mounting Cup2s on Centerlocks for a reasonable price north of Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 02:11 AM
PorscheRuminator
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mounting Cup2s on Centerlocks for a reasonable price north of Chicago

I have a GT3 with center lock wheels and most tire stores can only deal with regular five lug wheels. I want to have two new tires installed in front. I can either bring the car in or bring them the wheels. Porsche Exchange wants $100 per wheel to do this which is ridiculous, and I’ll bet most dealerships are the same. I spoke with another shop that wanted $175 for 2 wheels. Any advice on who can mount the tires without the Porsche tax? Mounting tires is a $35-50 per wheel job, especially if I take them off and they don’t even have to deal with putting them on the car. I used to bring my 5 lug OZ Racing wheels for my Cayman to a VW dealer who charged about $20/wheel... damn center locks!

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-10-2018, 12:15 PM
djillusion
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

call Al at www.gocpt.com in melrose park.

he handles porsches all day, all the time including porsches with CLs (like mine too). plenty of us in chicago only allow CPT to touch their cars.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:28 PM
PorscheRuminator
Rennlist Member

Thanks. Will check it out.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:18 PM
PorscheRuminator
Rennlist Member

I ended up contacting Tire Rack for advice also as they sell center lock wheels so they need to know who to send to. They sent me to Advanced VTech in Buffalo Grove. I brought them the wheels and tires off the car and they mounted both fronts for $88 while I was home changing my rotors and pads. The wheels look and ride just fine. Porsche wanted $199 for the same job; other private shops in the area were $175. North/northwest suburb Pcar guys should add them to their list.

Quick Reply: Mounting Cup2s on Centerlocks for a reasonable price north of Chicago