Notices

SE Michigan - Dealership Service???

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 09:39 AM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default SE Michigan - Dealership Service???

I'm looking to take my 997.2 GT3 into a dealership for its annual service and to get a couple things looked that hopefully will be covered under its CPO.

Can anyone recommend one the dealers in the Ann Arbor or great Detroit areas?

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2018, 03:42 PM
tooslow
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hoyt
I'm looking to take my 997.2 GT3 into a dealership for its annual service and to get a couple things looked that hopefully will be covered under its CPO.

Can anyone recommend one the dealers in the Ann Arbor or great Detroit areas?

Thanks!
I take my 997.2 C4S to Porsche of the Motor City on Gratiot. Excellent service. (says a lot as Fred Lavery Porsche is only a 1.5 miles from my home in Birmingham)
Old 07-02-2018, 02:55 PM
Scooby921
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tooslow
I take my 997.2 C4S to Porsche of the Motor City on Gratiot. Excellent service. (says a lot as Fred Lavery Porsche is only a 1.5 miles from my home in Birmingham)
What have you found of issue at Fred Lavery? Prices, quality, timing? I'm up in Clarkston and work in Auburn Hills. Fred Lavery is the most convenient for me. I've not been disappointed in any work thus far, but haven't gone anywhere else to know how they compare.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:39 PM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

As an update....

I decided to take my GT3 to Porsche of Ann Arbor. I tried calling all the dealers recommended and none of them could supply me with a loaner car for the day, except for Ann Arbor. I had a great experience with them. They're not a huge dealership (Porsche wise), but their service team was great and got my GT3's yearly service done quick and proper. They also help trouble shoot and oil leak I was having. We thought it was the RMS, but it ended up being a cross threaded bolt from the factory that caused things to be just loose enough to cause a slow leak. Big props to the lead service tech and the whole teams at Porsche of Ann Arbor!
Old 08-13-2018, 03:48 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 130 Posts

I go to Suburban Porsche. Solid bunch of guys over there. Also hello to another fellow Michigander
Old 09-23-2018, 09:08 AM
Ratchet1025
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoyt
As an update....

I decided to take my GT3 to Porsche of Ann Arbor. I tried calling all the dealers recommended and none of them could supply me with a loaner car for the day, except for Ann Arbor. I had a great experience with them. They're not a huge dealership (Porsche wise), but their service team was great and got my GT3's yearly service done quick and proper. They also help trouble shoot and oil leak I was having. We thought it was the RMS, but it ended up being a cross threaded bolt from the factory that caused things to be just loose enough to cause a slow leak. Big props to the lead service tech and the whole teams at Porsche of Ann Arbor!
That is great to hear, I need some service done that I will use them for. For all other maintenance, I use Arbormotion/Rennstatt. I would highly recommend them when your car is out of warranty or if you need your car set-up for the track.

Quick Reply: SE Michigan - Dealership Service???