Notices

St.louis

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 03:12 AM
NICK G.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question St.louis

IS THERE ANY BODY OUT THERE FROM ST.LOUIS. POSTED A WHILE BACK BUT THERE WASN'T MUCH INTEREST.LOOKING FOR SOME PORSCHE PEOPLE IN ST.LOUIS ANY P.C.A. MEMBERS OR RENNLIST MEMBERS OR PEOPLE THAT JUST ENJOY THERE P.CARS.ALSO LOOKING FOR A REASONABLE MECHANIC OUT THERE THATS HONEST AND DEPENDABLE. IT'S BEEN A GREAT WINTER HERE IN ST.LOU I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO TAKE THE CAR OUT MANY NICE AND SUNNY DAYS, IT'S ONLY SNOWED HERE ONCE, MAYBE TWICE AND IT'S BEEN 70 DEGREES TWICE IN JAN!. I HAVE SEEN SOME GREAT CARS OUT THERE THIS WEEK, A NICE BLACK 968, A REALLY NICE RED 993 C-4 AND LOTS OF BOXTERS AND 996'S AND I'AM SHURE WE WILL START SEEING MORE EXOTICS WITH A NEW BENTLEY DEALERSHIP IN CHESTERFIELD MO.SO IF YOU ARE IN THE AREA DROP ME A LINE.GREAT DRIVING TO YOU!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 12:10 AM
YellowC4S
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You've had 70 in January...you lucky dog you...
Old 01-24-2004, 05:35 PM
natemoran
AutoX

Hey Nick - I don't live in STL now (went to Rolla) but have seen the 90 928 S4 on ebay that is at Daniel Schmitt - looks to be in good condition with low miles. Are you familiar at all with this dealer or their reputation? I have many friends in STL and am considering a visit to see the car (I'm in Cincinnati now). Thanks
Old 01-17-2006, 06:13 PM
jaboc03
Advanced

I may be bringing an old thread back, but I too would like to meet some P-car owners in St. Louis. Maybe we could have a car meet this spring?
Old 01-18-2006, 01:42 PM
jeff jackson
Burning Brakes

I'm up in Alton Illinois...and have an 86.5 Black/Black 928S. Jeff Jackson. PM me over on the 928 board when you plan your get together. Be happy to meet with some other local Porsche owners and enthusiasts.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:20 PM
fat cab
Pro

Nick, I live in STL.went out last weekend with some other car freaks.you can see and read all about it on nsxprime.com under midwest,last minuet drive.we had a blast .i will let u know of the next drive or just keep up with the "prime site"i was the only p-car there,but i still led the way .see ya TIM.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:51 PM
911S3.6
Pro

Hey Nick,
Call Jon Rhodes @ 314.968.4100 for a good, knowledgeable mechanic. Tom, who works for him, spent some time with Kelley-Moss Racing, knows 944s really well and how to trick them out if that's your bag.
Stay away from GLB Motorworks (dishonest thievery), and German Automotive Specialties (they will break more than they fix). If you are new to St. Louis, don't despair-not everyone is rude. Even in STL PCA, you'll find a few reasonable folks. Don't be discouraged...
Nick
Old 02-04-2006, 08:34 PM
NICK G.
Instructor

Hey guys you know I posted that post 1/16/04 and it is great to finally hear from you guys.Nick I think I will call Jon and talk to him. I need a few things done and I would like some one that I can trust.I have had work done by both places that you talked about.Since I posted that post I have been to a couple FUNFEST's, joined THE K.C.W.C. from Kansas city and meet some great people and know belong to the STL PCA and go to the quenchers once a month and you are right about the folks!!Jaboc3 that sounds like a great idea we are always looking for things to do in the spring, summer & fall let me know. Tim I will have to take a look at your site. We will be looking for new stuff to do this year and I look forward to meeting every one Once again nice to hear from you Thanks Nick G.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:57 PM
jaboc03
Advanced

So, who is the best mechanic for a 911 c4 in St. Louis? I have used GLB and they seemed to be a bit expensive. I am new to Porsches and still learning who is good and who is not.
Also, about having a meet this spring, if anyone has an idea where a good place for this would be, just throw out a suggestion.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:09 AM
NICK G.
Instructor

Jaboc,I will talk to some of the guys in the PCA and see what I can find out. I think a lot of people us REID VAN on Manchester in Rock Hill. You can look him up on the net. Nick G.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:00 PM
brownie
Advanced

Reid Vann and Parktown Imports have worked on all my Porsches and Audis. Paarktown while under warranty and RV after that.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:57 PM
993driver
Rennlist Member

When I first moved here I tried Parktown for my 944 and was totally dissatisfied. I've used Reid Vann since then for several different porsches (356, 944 and 993) and have been happy.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:30 PM
jaboc03
Advanced

I guess I will try them out next time I need something done to my car. Thanks for the replys.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:48 PM
bluecab
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

don't use Autos of Europe in Manchester. See my thread in 993 forum; car still not fixed. Ithink I will be using Reid Vann
Old 03-24-2006, 12:20 AM
len928
Instructor

Originally Posted by 911S3.6
Hey Nick,
Call Jon Rhodes @ 314.968.4100 for a good, knowledgeable mechanic. Tom, who works for him, spent some time with Kelley-Moss Racing, knows 944s really well and how to trick them out if that's your bag.
Stay away from GLB Motorworks (dishonest thievery), and German Automotive Specialties (they will break more than they fix). If you are new to St. Louis, don't despair-not everyone is rude. Even in STL PCA, you'll find a few reasonable folks. Don't be discouraged...
Nick
WOW!!! I know that this is kind of an old post, But the part about rude, Man! Well, Honestly I thought the same thing when I came to this region, but after getting out on some drives, I know that there are soome great people in the PCA.

Phat Cab and I get to hang out often as well as a few other car nuts, Unofficially called "The BreakFAST Crew" we don't care what you drive, as long as you are an enthusiast.

Also March 31-April 2 there will be a DE at Gateway in Madison Il, come by and say hello, in fact there is a show and shine on Sat. from 1-4, there is a white C4 widebody cab that may just steal the show.

I plan to have my 928 with me.
Jeff in Alton, I am from Alton (Born and Raised) I live in St. Louis, come on out and introduce yourself.
There is also a Fireman in Alton with a Yellow 911SC, he likes to hang out as well.

Come on out I will personally introduce you all to the rest of the fellas. Not the rude ones though.

Hope to see some of you this summer.
I will now post more to this section, now that I have a beloved 928 again.
Len

Quick Reply: St.louis