Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Central US Rennlist Region (https://rennlist.com/forums/central-us-rennlist-region-96/)
-   -   SE Michigan - Dealership Service??? (https://rennlist.com/forums/central-us-rennlist-region/1077470-se-michigan-dealership-service.html)

Hoyt 06-26-2018 09:39 AM

SE Michigan - Dealership Service???

I'm looking to take my 997.2 GT3 into a dealership for its annual service and to get a couple things looked that hopefully will be covered under its CPO.

Can anyone recommend one the dealers in the Ann Arbor or great Detroit areas?

Thanks!

tooslow 06-26-2018 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Hoyt (Post 15103760)
I'm looking to take my 997.2 GT3 into a dealership for its annual service and to get a couple things looked that hopefully will be covered under its CPO.

Can anyone recommend one the dealers in the Ann Arbor or great Detroit areas?

Thanks!

I take my 997.2 C4S to Porsche of the Motor City on Gratiot. Excellent service. (says a lot as Fred Lavery Porsche is only a 1.5 miles from my home in Birmingham)

Scooby921 07-02-2018 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by tooslow (Post 15104627)
I take my 997.2 C4S to Porsche of the Motor City on Gratiot. Excellent service. (says a lot as Fred Lavery Porsche is only a 1.5 miles from my home in Birmingham)

What have you found of issue at Fred Lavery? Prices, quality, timing? I'm up in Clarkston and work in Auburn Hills. Fred Lavery is the most convenient for me. I've not been disappointed in any work thus far, but haven't gone anywhere else to know how they compare.

Hoyt 07-24-2018 12:39 PM

As an update....

I decided to take my GT3 to Porsche of Ann Arbor. I tried calling all the dealers recommended and none of them could supply me with a loaner car for the day, except for Ann Arbor. I had a great experience with them. They're not a huge dealership (Porsche wise), but their service team was great and got my GT3's yearly service done quick and proper. They also help trouble shoot and oil leak I was having. We thought it was the RMS, but it ended up being a cross threaded bolt from the factory that caused things to be just loose enough to cause a slow leak. Big props to the lead service tech and the whole teams at Porsche of Ann Arbor!

richardbf 08-13-2018 03:48 PM

I go to Suburban Porsche. Solid bunch of guys over there. Also hello to another fellow Michigander

Ratchet1025 09-23-2018 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Hoyt (Post 15162942)
As an update....

I decided to take my GT3 to Porsche of Ann Arbor. I tried calling all the dealers recommended and none of them could supply me with a loaner car for the day, except for Ann Arbor. I had a great experience with them. They're not a huge dealership (Porsche wise), but their service team was great and got my GT3's yearly service done quick and proper. They also help trouble shoot and oil leak I was having. We thought it was the RMS, but it ended up being a cross threaded bolt from the factory that caused things to be just loose enough to cause a slow leak. Big props to the lead service tech and the whole teams at Porsche of Ann Arbor!

That is great to hear, I need some service done that I will use them for. For all other maintenance, I use Arbormotion/Rennstatt. I would highly recommend them when your car is out of warranty or if you need your car set-up for the track.