Sponsored By:

24 S E hybrid correct tire pressure

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2024, 06:04 PM
jase700
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 24 S E hybrid correct tire pressure

I’ve inflated the tires to the spec on the door yet when I go into the tire pressure menu it is showing me at several PSI over. I’ve selected partial load as I’m not carrying cargo to towing anything.

What should I be at?
Old 08-27-2024, 06:40 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,803 Likes on 1,442 Posts

Originally Posted by jase700
I’ve inflated the tires to the spec on the door yet when I go into the tire pressure menu it is showing me at several PSI over. I’ve selected partial load as I’m not carrying cargo to towing anything.

What should I be at?
The door sticker is inflation for max load at max speed. Here’s a good article from Motor Trend titled, “The Inadequate Tire Pressure Sticker”.
https://www.motortrend.com/features/...ssure-sticker/

Best practice is to use the inflation chart in your manual. Another source is the Porsche Manufacturer’s Certificate for Approved Wheels And Tires for MY 2024 Cayennes, attached.

Inflate your tires using a good tire gauge, NOT the TPMS reading in the PCM. From my owner’s manual:
”[The TPMS] pressures are displayed for information purposes only. The tire pressures change according to the temperature.
> Never change the tire pressures on the basis of this display.”

Tires should be cold and not sitting in the sun. Partial load and comfort pressures are good up to maximum rated vehicle weight, provided you drive below 100 mph. For sustained driving above 100 mph, use full load pressures to reduce sidewall flexing to prevent tire overheating.

Here’s an excerpt from the Manufacturers Certificate:

Attached Images

Last edited by Schnave; 08-27-2024 at 07:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
toma nova (08-28-2024)
Old 08-28-2024, 12:39 AM
mattvandyk
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jase700

What should I be at?
I have a turbo, so the numbers might be slightly different, however, the TPMS will tell you what to set the tires to for full load, partial load, and comfort. Select the one you want and then the TPMS will tell you deviation therefrom. Easiest way to do this on cold tires is to slightly overinflate, let sit overnight, and in the morning check the pressures with a good gauge (with l, ideally, a release valve), then release air til you get to the target values set in the settings (full, partial, comfort, and their respective PSIs). Then, call it good. If you used a good gauge and got them basically dead on, the TPMS will be very close.
The following users liked this post:
NelsonLee (08-28-2024)

Quick Reply: 24 S E hybrid correct tire pressure