Sponsored By:

Block heater

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2024, 07:27 PM
Hondabbq
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Block heater

Picking up my first Porsche next week. 2023 Cayenne base used as a dealer courtesy car.

I live in central Canada and have never had a car without a block heater. Every new car or truck I have bought new has always had one. It’s standard up here.

I was searching online and no Porsche has one.
WTF???

asked the parts dept and they said you can put an adhesive oil heater under the oil pan and run the cord through the bumper.

I couldn’t believe there is no block heater or some sort of option for any Porsche.
Old 08-26-2024, 07:31 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 425 Likes on 312 Posts

my understanding is that porsche does extensive cold weather testing...not sure what that is worth, but that is what i've heard. Whatever the local dealer is saying people do, is probably the best way to handle it is my guess. do you park in a garage?
The following users liked this post:
Hondabbq (08-26-2024)
Old 08-26-2024, 07:47 PM
Hondabbq
8th Gear

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
my understanding is that porsche does extensive cold weather testing...not sure what that is worth, but that is what i've heard. Whatever the local dealer is saying people do, is probably the best way to handle it is my guess. do you park in a garage?
Yes I have a heated garage at home but the car would sit out in the cold while at work.
I wouldn’t plug my truck in everyday but on the bitterly cold days I would and I never had an issue.
Maybe I’ll just have to keep my fingers crossed.
Old 08-27-2024, 10:32 AM
Mdoots
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hondabbq
Picking up my first Porsche next week. 2023 Cayenne base used as a dealer courtesy car.

I live in central Canada and have never had a car without a block heater. Every new car or truck I have bought new has always had one. It’s standard up here.

I was searching online and no Porsche has one.
WTF???

asked the parts dept and they said you can put an adhesive oil heater under the oil pan and run the cord through the bumper.

I couldn’t believe there is no block heater or some sort of option for any Porsche.
I wouldn't be too concerned. I've had Audi's for the last 15 years and the last 10, none came with a block heater. I had a 2023 Cayenne over last winter with no issues whatsoever being parked outside at work all day with -40C in Calgary. Always started up, just give it 5 min or so to warm up a little.

Old 08-27-2024, 11:13 AM
Hondabbq
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Mdoots
I wouldn't be too concerned. I've had Audi's for the last 15 years and the last 10, none came with a block heater. I had a 2023 Cayenne over last winter with no issues whatsoever being parked outside at work all day with -40C in Calgary. Always started up, just give it 5 min or so to warm up a little.

Thank you for the advice. Nice to hear I’ll be ok with it from another cold weather location.

Quick Reply: Block heater