Sponsored By:

2019 Cayenne e-hybrid CPO battery module failure

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2024, 10:59 PM
Benjaminbopper
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2019 Cayenne e-hybrid CPO battery module failure

So Feb 14th my late 2019 ehybrid it went in for 40k mile service, and it was discovered that a module in the battery has failed.

Symptom was battery warning light when fully depressed accelerator going up hill, no gas engine. Would reset after a charge. Car was unable to really manage hills when light was triggered.

2x trips to dealer and this was the conclusion, apparently 20+ cars in NA with the same issue awaiting parts.

Hybrid battery has been removed and has been at dealer now for 5.5 months as it’s disassembled!

Parts are in, but PCNA need to send a tech to support the repair due to training and handling the hybrid battery. Set for late July, 6.5 months later.

Insane part of the story, CPO covered the whole thing and the dealer brings new cayenne loaners to my house every month on rotation. But weirdly, I just want mine back despite loving the current 2024 model with sea foam interior.

PCNA have noted compensation will be possible in addition once matter is concluded.

Let me know if anyone here is in the same boat and wants to trade notes!
Old 06-27-2024, 08:40 AM
johnnydee
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch!
Old 06-27-2024, 08:45 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjaminbopper
So Feb 14th my late 2019 ehybrid it went in for 40k mile service, and it was discovered that a module in the battery has failed.

Symptom was battery warning light when fully depressed accelerator going up hill, no gas engine. Would reset after a charge. Car was unable to really manage hills when light was triggered.

2x trips to dealer and this was the conclusion, apparently 20+ cars in NA with the same issue awaiting parts.

Hybrid battery has been removed and has been at dealer now for 5.5 months as it’s disassembled!

Parts are in, but PCNA need to send a tech to support the repair due to training and handling the hybrid battery. Set for late July, 6.5 months later.

Insane part of the story, CPO covered the whole thing and the dealer brings new cayenne loaners to my house every month on rotation. But weirdly, I just want mine back despite loving the current 2024 model with sea foam interior.

PCNA have noted compensation will be possible in addition once matter is concluded.

Let me know if anyone here is in the same boat and wants to trade notes!
this sucks no doubt - but not sure CPO is what is covering this - Battery warranty for eHybrid's is 8 years/100,000 miles - this would/should be covered with or without CPO…as it's clearly a battery issue - in any case I'm glad it's being resolved - disappointed it's taking so long…
Old 06-27-2024, 05:04 PM
seaton463
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same issue on the Panamera hybrids which have the same drivetrain. Car has been with dealer since February. PCNA said the issue was parts availability. The parts have now arrived two weeks ago and now we are being told three more weeks before their field rep can arrive to oversee the repair. That was after the field rep communicated to the dealership last week that he would be here this week but never showed up. PCNA has a real mess on its hands. Seems to think it is okay to have these cars out of service for half year so long as it gets repair…eventually.
Old 06-29-2024, 12:16 PM
normp
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Same Issue, in the shop for 27 weeks. A few loaners along the way including a ‘24 Cayenne for the last four months. It runs fine now, my only issue is the car sat outside throughout the winter here in Colorado Springs, it took me a few days to correct all of the issues. The dealership offered to detail the car, I told them I was going to do it anyway so they’d just be wasting their time
Old 06-29-2024, 12:22 PM
Benjaminbopper
Rennlist Member

I called them asked them to keep turning the car on every few weeks, but since it’s partly disassembled it’s not been possible. I’m worried about issues that will emerge after 6 months of no usage. They insist it’s not a problem!
Old 07-23-2024, 10:14 PM
Benjaminbopper
Rennlist Member

Update - car is repaired, parts came in but PNA tech got double booked. Then there was an issue when the new battery parts were added that seemingly damaged or led to a consequential issue with a control module that then needed to be ordered. Another week delay, symptom was 200 miles of electric range indicated which was clearly wrong. I noticed in the app.

Phone just pinged me to say charge complete and 14 miles of range in the battery. I was getting 19 / 20 before so curious to see how this changes with some use again since it’s been sat for 5 months.

Get it back in a week after shakedown detailing etc. more to follow!

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne e-hybrid CPO battery module failure