Sponsored By:

Rear Seat Entertainment

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 03:47 AM
racing sabre
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Seat Entertainment

Question about the Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment preparation in the Cayenne 9Y0-II/E3 II, this may apply to other models as well, but I'm still finding my way into Porsche versioning and modelling (as you might notice)
Is there anything else that you can plug in there apart from the obvious Porsche screens? In a BMW it is a sort of a generic system (without power in the system) that you can plug anything in from a coat hanger over a tray table to an iPad holder. Since I'm going with the Sport 18ways there does not seem to be an obvious way to use an iPad mounted to the front seats. Preferably there would be a mount that fits in the preparation that can hold a specific iPad or kan hold different models.
Old 09-08-2023, 08:34 AM
Gwaxman34
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 78 Posts

It’s definitely a custom system (and is powered). You’d have to get your hands on an existing Porsche tablet with mount attached and custom fabricate something to mimic the mount that could snap in there. I’m sure it could be done but would take quite a but of effort.

Although you could probably start a nice business on eBay selling those allowing people to swap out their Porsche tablets for iPads etc. I’d buy one!
The following users liked this post:
Palantir (09-08-2023)
Old 09-12-2023, 07:37 AM
racing sabre
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Gwaxman34
It’s definitely a custom system (and is powered). You’d have to get your hands on an existing Porsche tablet with mount attached and custom fabricate something to mimic the mount that could snap in there. I’m sure it could be done but would take quite a but of effort.

Although you could probably start a nice business on eBay selling those allowing people to swap out their Porsche tablets for iPads etc. I’d buy one!
I would very much like that, first gonna await my delivery, and test if I could use the existing power, or if the dealer has to activate this.
Not sure how Porsche would react to this either....
Old 07-21-2024, 07:42 AM
Gwaxman34
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by racing sabre
I would very much like that, first gonna await my delivery, and test if I could use the existing power, or if the dealer has to activate this.
Not sure how Porsche would react to this either....
just wondering if you ever tested this out and made / improvised an alternate tablet holder?
Old 07-21-2024, 05:41 PM
racing sabre
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Gwaxman34
just wondering if you ever tested this out and made / improvised an alternate tablet holder?
Not yet, testing is for the near future, I will update this thread as soon as I have!
Old 07-24-2024, 09:23 AM
fifthBro
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone tried using Audi Rear Seat entertainment RSE III tablets (4M0 051 700 B) with Porsche Cayenne 2019-2021 with RSE prep package (9WU).

I appreciate that Porsches beyond 2021 use new BYOD entertainment system (9Y0 088 812) that seems to require coding/component protection removal.

But earlier Audis compatible with RSE III and Porsches compatible with PRSE VI (until 2021) are supposedly just plug and play when it comes to their respective tablets.

The Audi RSE III tablets (4M0 051 700 B) look identical to the Porsche PRSE VI ones (9Y0 088 020 / 9Y0 088 008) in the terms of HW (manufactured by Jet Optoelectronics). The Porsche tablet even states on the back of it "RSE III (PRSE VI)".

The brackets and 5pin connection interface also look identical so wondering if anyone has tried it?

PRSE VI

RSE III
The following users liked this post:
racing sabre (07-28-2024)

Quick Reply: Rear Seat Entertainment