Sponsored By:

OBD2 tool recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2024, 06:22 PM
BobEisenberg
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default OBD2 tool recommendation

Greetings. Hoping for some helpful recommendations for an OBD2 diagnostic and DIY servicing tool for my 2020 Cayenne Turbo. I’ve used similar tools to work on my Audis & Toyota (oil change and service resets, electronic brake retraction, transmission and diff fluid change, ECL diagnostic codes) but this is my first Porsche that has an OBD2 plug and, of course, the OBD2 devices I have won’t work with this modern Porsche.

I’ve researched Rennlist & other forums plenty but haven’t seen any recommendations that instilled confidence the device would fit my needs. The older tried & true devices won’t work on the newer Porsches, a legit PIWIS 3 license is cost prohibitive and the clones are not legal and, I fear, more complicated than my needs justify and the Icarsoft devices get lousy marks for support and clear descriptions of what each one can and cannot do on the different model Porsches.

I’m not opposed to a subscription based product if it’ll do the job for me. Appreciate any thoughts folks can share. 🙏🏻
Old 06-16-2024, 06:33 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,531 Likes on 1,116 Posts

iCarsoft CR Max.

Scans codes and resets maintenance interval, aka “oil light”.
The following users liked this post:
BobEisenberg (06-16-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 03:47 PM
black04
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by chassis
iCarsoft CR Max.

Scans codes and resets maintenance interval, aka “oil light”.
Could you please give some detail/comparison advantages/disadvantages regarding your recommendation, vs the alternatives?
Old 06-17-2024, 04:10 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,531 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Originally Posted by black04
Could you please give some detail/comparison advantages/disadvantages regarding your recommendation, vs the alternatives?
Sorry, don’t have that. I surfed the internet and googled and made the decision to buy. No regrets.

Quick Reply: OBD2 tool recommendation