Important: Note your Mileage at Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2024, 05:43 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts
Default Important: Note your Mileage at Delivery

So, I picked up my base hybrid coupe from one Houston dealer about 25 hours ago. This afternoon, I pull into my hotel right next to another dealer and notice a CEL. The nearby dealer graciously checks ir out and clears the CEL. The SA tells me that since my car was delivered with less than 40 miles on it (it had 33, now 152), the final clear my original dealer did during make ready did not catch all the initial faults.
Old 05-30-2024, 06:11 PM
retom
Pro

Received 445 Likes on 263 Posts

CEL should not appear. The dealer does not clean the errors in the new car, but turns off the so-called production mode of the software, which is turned on during the transit of the car from the factory to the dealer. This has nothing to do with the later appearance of CEL. I hope this is not a problem with CEL in new hybrids reported by some participants of this forum.
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...-hybrid-2.html
Old 05-31-2024, 09:05 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,425 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
So, I picked up my base hybrid coupe from one Houston dealer about 25 hours ago. This afternoon, I pull into my hotel right next to another dealer and notice a CEL. The nearby dealer graciously checks ir out and clears the CEL. The SA tells me that since my car was delivered with less than 40 miles on it (it had 33, now 152), the final clear my original dealer did during make ready did not catch all the initial faults.
Your SA is full of it, like most of them.
Old 05-31-2024, 08:08 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 596 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Your SA is full of it, like most of them.
exactly
Old 05-31-2024, 11:46 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 425 Likes on 312 Posts

i had an SA who maybe looked 25 years old at bellevue porsche in WA tell me the cayenne doesn’t run a staggered set up - and that staggered meant different wheel diameters front to rear. i didn’t take him to task but he doubled down on it after i politely let him know my understanding was that staggered just means the tire size differs front to rear. he was “all confidence no experience”.
Old 06-01-2024, 12:24 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,391 Likes on 754 Posts

Indeed, SAs say the most odd things. When trying to get a TSB applied to my cayenne, one of them said that that one didn't apply to the American market, after I showed an invoice from a Seattle dealer. he said the car must be Canadian (!). The following afternoon he called after they also get the tsb. It seems that "I don't know" or "let me get back to you on that" are options. Maybe they're traumatized on option pricing on these cars.
First simpler thing to check after getting a CEL is the fuel cap. Tight it and drive for a while. If you don't have a OBD dongle, it requires a few ignitions and about 60 miles of I'm not mistaken. An OBD dongle is about 20-30$ on Amazon. I like Kiwi, there's plenty out there.

Quick Reply: Important: Note your Mileage at Delivery