Sponsored By:

CEL ‘23 Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 11:02 PM
radctt1
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 70 Posts

@mgx1020

Sorry to hear of your CEL. I replied in my original thread to your questions. My CEL revolve around evaporator system and not exhaust. Hope you get a permanent solution quickly.
The following users liked this post:
mgx1020 (03-24-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 10:51 AM
mgx1020
Racer

Received 126 Likes on 96 Posts

The SA says there is a TB about the hybrid charging system and they needed to do a full charge overnight to process the bulletin.

i though the TB was related to the mobile charger ? Is there any open TB about this someone can find?
Old 03-26-2024, 04:24 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,623 Posts

Originally Posted by mgx1020
The SA says there is a TB about the hybrid charging system and they needed to do a full charge overnight to process the bulletin.

i though the TB was related to the mobile charger ? Is there any open TB about this someone can find?
When I went in about a month ago, the only open campaign was for the mobile charger, which they don't have a replacement yet. I even brought the old charger and the SA said he was mistaken telling me to bring it. Nothing to do until they can provide the new equipment.
Old 03-29-2024, 08:14 PM
mgx1020
Racer

Received 126 Likes on 96 Posts

Figured I’d post an update, after replacing the actuator (and the blown pass speaker), the car sprung the CEL on the drive home. The code was P33EF00 - A/C Not possible, charge state too low ; U13AE00 - Error in control unit for holding? management system.

The “TB” didn’t apply to my car so once they “charged it overnight” and began the TB they realized they have no TB to apply. So they cleared the code, put 50 miles on the car and gave it back.

As to the original code, P049FF00 - exhaust flap, electrical fault bank 2.

It make be a fluke, maybe they used some janky charger when they had the car (I only use hardwired Juicebox). CEL hasn’t come back so knock on wood it was this motor that has a defect.

Definitely wish I got the codes from the first few CELs but I guess only time will tell.

Last edited by mgx1020; 03-29-2024 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-27-2024, 03:45 PM
DucatiSPS
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 33 Posts

I have a 2024 E Hybrid S I just took delivery of. Had CEL come on three times so far. Have 302 miles, 168 electric. It was on for two days straight, then cleared itself at a grocery stop for 15 minutes. I haven't tried it today. Using Porsche Mobile Charger level 2 on it at night.

Other than the stupid CEL it is an amazing ride, 512 hp, but it puts a stupid grin on your face to get home from a 65 mile errands run and be at 67 mpg.
Old 05-29-2024, 12:22 PM
DucatiSPS
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DucatiSPS
I have a 2024 E Hybrid S I just took delivery of. Had CEL come on three times so far. Have 302 miles, 168 electric. It was on for two days straight, then cleared itself at a grocery stop for 15 minutes. I haven't tried it today. Using Porsche Mobile Charger level 2 on it at night.

Other than the stupid CEL it is an amazing ride, 512 hp, but it puts a stupid grin on your face to get home from a 65 mile errands run and be at 67 mpg.
Heard from Porsche today. "Drive the car". This is a known issue, they don't know what's causing the CEL, but it won't affect performance. They are hunting it down and will report back.
Old 05-29-2024, 03:50 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,623 Posts

Heard from Porsche today. "Drive the car". This is a known issue, they don't know what's causing the CEL, but it won't affect performance. They are hunting it down and will report back.
It's the POS Porsche Mobile Charger.
Old 05-30-2024, 12:10 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
When I went in about a month ago, the only open campaign was for the mobile charger, which they don't have a replacement yet. I even brought the old charger and the SA said he was mistaken telling me to bring it. Nothing to do until they can provide the new equipment.
Isn't the recall for the mobile charger just for the 240-volt cable? Isn't the 120-volt cable ok?
Old 05-30-2024, 10:45 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,952 Likes on 1,924 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
Isn't the recall for the mobile charger just for the 240-volt cable? Isn't the 120-volt cable ok?
yes technically correct - the 240V NEMA 14-50/6-50 cables use wire gauge (10 AWG) that causes nominal high operating temperatures for 9.6 kW charging sessions (full 40 amps)

but the PMC+/PMCC are still a sucky EVSE that have problems beyond their nominal thermal operating temperature - alternative high quality 100% compatible EVSE's (PHEV/EV chargers) can be had for as little as $209 (deal alert until June 3rd)

Porsche's charging game is weak-sauce in North America and honestly there are way better products for your PHEV/EV

for those that care - Porsche's 240V charging cable itself is safe to use for 240V/40amp/9.6kW charging - but Porsche didn't anticipate the "interaction" problems with a $12 home-depot/lowes NEMA 14-50/6-50 cheap plastic NEMA power plug - repeated use of the Porsche EVSE with it's high nominal operating temperature can cause thermal stress in cheaper NEMA sockets common in North America and eventually cause them to fail - leading to melting, electrical shorts and generally bad-operational-optics - their unit has no problem operating with high-quality industrial ceramic NEMA sockets like the Hubble unit(s) they recommend in their tech bulletin - but the 240V cable is currently under recall but the replacement part(s) are only now trickling out into the real world - according to other forumes one customer who has received the replacement parts reports 8 AWG wire (an improvement over the previous 10 AWG wire, I would've personally preferred 6 gauge wire) and the reported addition of a thermal sensor (presumably so the unit can detect high operating temperatures and adjust it's operation to avoid thermal stress)

that being said I still prefer non-Porsche EVSE's - and since they are not vehicle/vendor specific - investment in a high quality non-Porsche EVSE is a multi-vehicle expense that will be used for many many years into the futrue for any PHEV/EV you happen to bring home today or tomorrow…

the Porsche EVSE units are irredeemable IMHO and should be ignored/replaced with better and more affordable alternatives.
The following users liked this post:
TXSchnee (06-01-2024)
Old 07-27-2024, 05:38 PM
Sundaystev
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I’m having the same issue.

Have you figured out why the check engine light keeps coming on? I have 4k miles and have been back to the dealership 4 times. The light comes on at various times and they said that it has to be the home charging unit I am using - ChargePoint. Which makes no sense because sometimes there is no issue. Also, when there was a recall on the Porsche chargers they said it was ok to use a third party charger. I’m just hoping someone has figured it out?

Quick Reply: CEL ‘23 Hybrid