Sponsored By:

2025+ GTS orders

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 05:42 PM
MovingChicane
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
From what am seeing in the current market, ADMs are dead except on GT cars. Even a 992TTS can be had at MSRP.
20K ADM on a Carrera T sitting on the floor here in SoCal....

Last edited by MovingChicane; 07-01-2024 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-01-2024, 09:30 PM
director
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone getting any discounts ordering MY25 Cayenne Turbo e-Hybrids?

Rennlist has been a great source of info over the years, thank you all; thought it time to unlurk. Planning to order a MY25 Cayenne Turbo Coupe e-hybrid shortly. Has anyone gotten much of a discount on these orders? Has anyone ordered one with PTS Deep Green Metallic?
One SA says PTS will add a month to the process, which doesn't seem bad. It is taking a chance on an unseen color which I'm hoping looks exactly, precisely, utterly as it does on the configurator, on only one of the monitors here. I'd prefer the basic A1 Black, but it's not offered.
Does PDCC in a Cayenne make front passengers sick on quick, twisty roads, moreso than without? I'd love to hear what you think of the build: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSI5QAG8
Old 07-01-2024, 09:54 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by director
Rennlist has been a great source of info over the years, thank you all; thought it time to unlurk. Planning to order a MY25 Cayenne Turbo Coupe e-hybrid shortly. Has anyone gotten much of a discount on these orders? Has anyone ordered one with PTS Deep Green Metallic?
One SA says PTS will add a month to the process, which doesn't seem bad. It is taking a chance on an unseen color which I'm hoping looks exactly, precisely, utterly as it does on the configurator, on only one of the monitors here. I'd prefer the basic A1 Black, but it's not offered.
Does PDCC in a Cayenne make front passengers sick on quick, twisty roads, moreso than without? I'd love to hear what you think of the build: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSI5QAG8
awesome loaded build ! I can't speak to the PDCC, I have a question, is there reason why you chose satin wheels over high gloss wheels? I hear the PDCC is for aggressive drivers, that's how my SA explained it to me.
Old 07-01-2024, 09:54 PM
michaelp
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

PDCC should have the opposite effect. Less body roll, means the inner ear is detecting less motion. The sensory conflict between the inner ear and what your eyes are seeing should be diminished. Less motion sickness. All that said, I’m not an expert on such things.
Old 07-01-2024, 10:04 PM
director
5th Gear

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking for more subtlety than flash, in the wheels.
Old 07-01-2024, 10:15 PM
director
5th Gear

I just took a look at your GTS build and the colors are uncannily like my first Pcar, a 2015 Macan Turbo. Dark Blue Metallic, white interior, carbon fiber. It was the most gorgeous combination and a joy just to look at and be in, every single time. I hope you love it. I am also in CO- did you order it at one of the four dealers here?
Old 07-01-2024, 10:23 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

I just took a look at your GTS build and the colors are uncannily like my first Pcar, a 2015 Macan Turbo. Dark Blue Metallic, white interior, carbon fiber. It was the most gorgeous combination and a joy just to look at and be in, every single time. I hope you love it. I am also in CO- did you order it at one of the four dealers here?
Well I'm not in CO, are you referring to my build? https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSVRHEH8
Old 07-01-2024, 10:33 PM
director
5th Gear

That build, yes. I must have gotten the CO info mixed up with another post, apologies.
Old 07-01-2024, 10:59 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

That build, yes. I must have gotten the CO info mixed up with another post, apologies.
No problem. Thanks for the compliment, its my third GTS in 4 years, MY22/MY23, both were black with different options. I'm really excited about this Algarve blue,in person it was beautiful ! The metallic flakes were incredible!.

Do you have a build on deck?

Last edited by Ghaley50; 07-02-2024 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-01-2024, 11:16 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Nice build...love a deep Emerald Green.
There are several advantages of PDCC that might make it a no brainer on a heavy vehicle. It's another personal decision but not very expensive for a Porsche extra.
Keeping the car flat is the most talked about advantage but there are 2 more...going from memory back a couple of years.
First is the decoupling of the sway bar on one wheel hits. It can also be neutral on two wheel hits...both reduce body movement, force from the bump and making for a slightly softer ride.
Second is the ability to better control oversteer/understeer in curves by adjusting the sway bars front to back and side to side. I " kind of" uunderstand the concept but might not be good at explaining it. There have been engineering presentations on YouTube in the past. Here's the best I can do to explain.
As a car enters a left hand corner, the right front tire receives the most pressure, G force...and possible understeer at higher speeds. PDCC will raise the right front side while reducing pressure on the left front side. Further improvement takes place by timing the rear sway bar movement . The concept is to create more balance on all 4 wheels side to side and longtitudanally. How well Porsche executes is one question. Will most of even notice is another.
If one doesn't push their vehicle then what's the point one might ask? To me it's just another important piece for a performace vehicle. Others might feel it's a waste of money.
Edit: Another advantage of the 48 volt PDCC over other methods is adjustments are instant vs a lag on hydraulic shock based or on air suspension.

Last edited by Ron.s; 07-01-2024 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-02-2024, 12:17 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghaley50
Dito
For example I did 4 way seats on my 992 as I am the ONLY driver of the car 99% of the time unless its in for service so 18 and 14 way seats were not needed. SPASM...had it on my 991.1 and it was a bit harsher ride and lower than I wanted...scrapped a bit where I drove...so knew on my 992 that it was an option I did NOT need. However I had the OEM Moonroof retrofitted into my 991.1 [replacing the factory sunroof] on that specific vehicle as I really like the moonroof and light it allowed and look and had planned to keep the car forever and after talking to my Porsche SA and Master Service tech found that the parts were the same and could be done with only loss of inner sun shield. So again personalized the car for me. Same with my current 992...its a manual...my 991 was PDK and I wanted a drivers focused car....so 7 spd it was! PSE got it on both Cayenne and 992 as its important to me...eventho an Akrapovic system replaced the PSE on both my 991 and my 992 and will probably IF they offer it for my Cayenne S e hybrid. Best thing I can say about Porsche is if you're lucky enough to get an allocation then it does allow you to spec the car to your needs and driving style which can be awesome!
Old 07-02-2024, 12:33 AM
director
5th Gear

Thank you Ron, that makes sense, I appreciate the time you took to explain. I'll have the SA do the driving and see if they can make me sick, just to be sure. Hoping the only green is the paint and the stitching, not anyone's skin tone. Will post pix when car shows up, should be the cat's pajamas if it's close to the color in the config.
Old 07-02-2024, 03:18 AM
gj271
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

my order was supposed to freeze today. it showed as frozen in the app in the morning. then this evening it shows as not frozen and production date pushed from august 12 to september 4. wtf.
Old 07-02-2024, 04:28 AM
qwerrewq
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gj271
my order was supposed to freeze today. it showed as frozen in the app in the morning. then this evening it shows as not frozen and production date pushed from august 12 to september 4. wtf.
Oh no!! That's so sad. My freeze was 6/30 and production is 8/12. Just checked the dates and it didn't change. Hope your production date can be moved up! Are you having some very unique spec?
Old 07-02-2024, 10:06 AM
gj271
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by qwerrewq
Oh no!! That's so sad. My freeze was 6/30 and production is 8/12. Just checked the dates and it didn't change. Hope your production date can be moved up! Are you having some very unique spec?
nothing unique at all.

Last edited by gj271; 07-02-2024 at 10:36 AM.

Quick Reply: 2025+ GTS orders