Sponsored By:

2025+ GTS orders

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2024, 12:15 PM
gj271
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by janellefre
I have already built in configuration, but am told my local dealership doesn't have allocations and cant order. What do I do about that? He said the will only get allocations in the fall and receive cars in first quarter. I had my 2020 ordered and delivered in 2019. Kind of disappointed. Not sure on the seats. But haha I need my seat higher than my current car can get it.
find another dealer?
The following users liked this post:
janellefre (06-08-2024)
Old 06-08-2024, 01:02 PM
janellefre
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ooooops I am talking Carrera GTS

Yeah going to try whatever dealerships have allocation.
Old 06-09-2024, 04:48 PM
JRAJ-GTS
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey everyone,

I need some help with decided the color of the mirrors on my build. I keep bouncing back and forth between High gloss black, and partial body color (stock) mirror options.

Any help/opinions/thoughts are SINCERELY appreciated... I need it.

High gloss black mirrors:

Body color mirrors:

Another angle, High gloss black:

Body color:

My build: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSUYZU38

Please help! Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 06-09-2024, 04:58 PM
jo2134
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by JRAJ-GTS
Hey everyone,

I need some help with decided the color of the mirrors on my build. I keep bouncing back and forth between High gloss black, and partial body color (stock) mirror options.

Body color mirrors:

Body color:

First off congrats! My first thoughts:

Since you’re going black leather upgrade to club black. It is a substantial upgrade at a great price for the GTS! The surface is much smoother/softer to the touch and the cross stitching adds a premium look.

As for the mirrors, definitely high gloss black in my opinion. The contrast looks great against the red especially with the black door handles.
Old 06-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts

Hey everyone,

Body color mirrors:

Body color:

HGB, it adds that pop and brings everything to together.

Last edited by Ghaley50; 06-09-2024 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-09-2024, 05:22 PM
Sammersam
Racer

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

I agree on the HGB mirrors. I ordered them along with the spoiler and doors handles in the same HGB. I didn't see you upgraded to the club leather. Did I miss that?

I'm getting the black interior, does the club leather make that much of a difference and I haven't seen any pictures.
Old 06-09-2024, 07:49 PM
JRAJ-GTS
Intermediate

Thank you!! The unanimous voting for HGB is validating. HGB it is, thanks for helping me pick a side!

Originally Posted by jo2134
First off congrats! My first thoughts:

Since you’re going black leather upgrade to club black. It is a substantial upgrade at a great price for the GTS! The surface is much smoother/softer to the touch and the cross stitching adds a premium look.

As for the mirrors, definitely high gloss black in my opinion. The contrast looks great against the red especially with the black door handles.
Thanks for bringing it up, and great tip! I considered Club Leather in Barrique when I originally was going with Algarve blue but hadn't considered it after choosing Carmine Red... it just slipped my mind that there's a black interior in Club Leather.

Question for you: Do you know if Club Leather holds up just as well (wear and tear, etc.) as regular "all leather" interior? I'll have car seat(s) in the back for another ~3 years so my only concern is Club Leather wearing down faster from Kids induced wear/tear. Do you think it's a valid concern?

Originally Posted by Ghaley50
HGB, it adds that pop and brings everything to together.
Thank you! Noted, and I agree.

Originally Posted by Sammersam
I agree on the HGB mirrors. I ordered them along with the spoiler and doors handles in the same HGB. I didn't see you upgraded to the club leather. Did I miss that?

I'm getting the black interior, does the club leather make that much of a difference and I haven't seen any pictures.
No idea, I haven't seen it in person and will be chatting with my SA about it.

Anyone that has experience with Club Leather and its wear/tear/longevity when kids are involved, please do comment.

Thanks again!
Old 06-09-2024, 08:10 PM
JRAJ-GTS
Intermediate

1 related question on the HGB, would Carbon Fiber mirrors look weird if everything else on the outside is HGB?
Old 06-09-2024, 10:25 PM
Ghaley50
Racer

1 related question on the HGB, would Carbon Fiber mirrors look weird if everything else on the outside is HGB?
Here's my build , I didn't do the door handles, thought it was a bit much and on Algarve it wouldn't pop as much anyway. I went the carbon fiber route.
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSGFKMZ3

Last edited by Ghaley50; 06-10-2024 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-10-2024, 12:36 AM
JRAJ-GTS
Intermediate

Here's my build , I didn't do the door handles, thought it was a bit much and on Algarve it wouldn't pop as much anyway. I went the carbon fiber route.
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSGFKMZ3
Beautiful spec, thanks for sharing! Carbon fiber looks great for your build. I'm wondering if it would clash with the HGB door handles though if selected
Old 06-10-2024, 12:50 AM
Ghaley50
Racer

Beautiful spec, thanks for sharing! Carbon fiber looks great for your build. I'm wondering if it would clash with the HGB door handles though if selected
Thank you. build it without and see, if I was doing your build.
I would do the mirrors without the door handles. Sometimes you can do too much matching, bring the carbon inside. Just my opinion. Can you live without the door handles?
Old 06-10-2024, 01:05 AM
JRAJ-GTS
Intermediate

Thank you. build it without and see, if I was doing your build.
I would do the mirrors without the door handles. Sometimes you can do too much matching, bring the carbon inside. Just my opinion. Can you live without the door handles?
Fair point, removing the door handles would make it clash ess (if at all). My only concern is that the front and rear of the truck is in HGB unless I select the Carbon Fiber sport package.

I like the black handles because I've selected the sport package, which removes the black trim side skirts. Adding the handles adds the contrast that the side skirts originally added... without them it seems like too much red to my eyes... but I'm not a design expert here I just know what looks good to me.

Still, I have until end of July to make changes, so I'll keep mulling it over. Thanks for the idea/feedback, super appreciated.
MAXFPS (06-22-2024)
Old 06-10-2024, 01:26 AM
Ghaley50
Racer

Fair point, removing the door handles would make it clash ess (if at all). My only concern is that the front and rear of the truck is in HGB unless I select the Carbon Fiber sport package.

I like the black handles because I've selected the sport package, which removes the black trim side skirts. Adding the handles adds the contrast that the side skirts originally added... without them it seems like too much red to my eyes... but I'm not a design expert here I just know what looks good to me.

Still, I have until end of July to make changes, so I'll keep mulling it over. Thanks for the idea/feedback, super appreciated.
for what its worth im in the fashion industry "Stylist "
here's something to think about, the HGB standard sports design is what separates our vehicle from all the other models. Initially I wasnt feeling the HGB sport design until I thought about it in that light, it would also help break up some of the red. At any rate I hope my 2 cents was helpful.

PS try my exterior build in your exterior color

Last edited by Ghaley50; 06-10-2024 at 01:32 AM.
gj271 (06-10-2024)
Old 06-10-2024, 04:28 PM
Andrew_PSD
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 41 Posts

If anyone in CA can't find a build slot, please let me know. Have a few left.
MAXFPS (06-22-2024)
Old 06-10-2024, 04:41 PM
cayennegtsmax
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey all! I just wanted to share my build!! So excited!

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSG1RFI3

2 questions:
1- PDCC and RAS - good choices?! Won't be tracking the car but enjoy the occasional aggressive driving and live in a city where maneuverability is important
2- I like Chromite Black (which seems to have a very slight hint of blue) a lot and also like the subtle two tone to the high gloss black skirts and wheel arches - does anyone think this is going to look weird (two types of "black")?

Thank you!!
MAXFPS (06-22-2024)

Quick Reply: 2025+ GTS orders