Sponsored By:

Cayenne 2024 - Wireless CarPlay Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2024, 12:47 PM
mTuran
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cayenne 2024 - Wireless CarPlay Not Working

Hi guys, I just got my 2024 Cayenne Coupe today, but I noticed that wireless CarPlay isn't working. When I try to connect my phone via CarPlay, I see loading but nothing happens(attached). However, it works with the cable. What could be the issue?

https://www.veed.io/view/d38bfa70-89...et=true&panel=
Old 01-11-2024, 03:09 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 392 Likes on 290 Posts

bluetooth and wifi both on? check to see if u see an entry for your cayenne in your bluetooth settings and in settings carplay to see if you also see you cayenne under my cars.

in the car from the main pcm screen tap devices, and for ur phone tap the carplay icon…see if it connects.

also this - i am not sure if we are always supposed to have a cayenne wireless network if you check ur wireless settings. mine is currently not showing as one of my wireless networks, but when it was i had to chance the settings per this post:
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-9y0-2019/1385971-2024-carplay-connectivity-issues.html#post19193835

if i go to my car today and carplay isn’t working then i assume i will need to rejoin the cayenne’s wireless network for it to work.

Last edited by ThomasWShea; 01-11-2024 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-27-2024, 09:41 PM
keroh
Track Day

Originally Posted by mTuran
Hi guys, I just got my 2024 Cayenne Coupe today, but I noticed that wireless CarPlay isn't working. When I try to connect my phone via CarPlay, I see loading but nothing happens(attached). However, it works with the cable. What could be the issue?

https://www.veed.io/view/d38bfa70-89...et=true&panel=

having same trouble, got my coupe today...it connects by BT, but at the moment it says open carplay nothing happens. If i try to do it manually in devices the circle spins but nothing happens, if i press the carplay button on the left bar, says that i must connect using USB.

At the dealer say it is only by cable, i show them tutorials on youtube it connects by BT, now they say will check...
does not make any sense to me placing a wireless charger and then give option of carplay only by cable, right?

im in Panama btw...
Old 01-27-2024, 10:26 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

mine works, try configuring your wifi and bluetooth like mine:

Old 01-28-2024, 01:53 AM
keroh
Track Day

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
mine works, try configuring your wifi and bluetooth like mine:

same exact settings, tried with 2 different iphones and android too...

In the "devices" list you can select carplay or android auto, but then nothing happens.

Old 01-28-2024, 02:05 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by keroh
same exact settings, tried with 2 different iphones and android too...

In the "devices" list you can select carplay or android auto, but then nothing happens.
if you check ur wifi when u first get into the car, is it still hanging on to your home wifi? just thinking of things I would check. also, in the pic, i zoomed in, is that phone in airplane mode?

Last edited by ThomasWShea; 01-28-2024 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-28-2024, 02:13 AM
keroh
Track Day

if you check ur wifi when u first get into the car, is it still hanging on to your home wifi? just thinking of things I would check. also, in the pic, i zoomed in, is that phone in airplane mode?
yes airplane mode cause is old no active sim, but wifi and bt actived and connected to cayenne. The iphones are with sim and no airplane mode and still, get at the same point.

I tried near home and pairing also far from any wifi, several times from scratch. Feels like some sort of limitation, cause devices see each others.

Last edited by keroh; 01-28-2024 at 02:15 AM.
Old 01-28-2024, 04:55 AM
mTuran
Track Day

having same trouble, got my coupe today...it connects by BT, but at the moment it says open carplay nothing happens. If i try to do it manually in devices the circle spins but nothing happens, if i press the carplay button on the left bar, says that i must connect using USB.

At the dealer say it is only by cable, i show them tutorials on youtube it connects by BT, now they say will check...
does not make any sense to me placing a wireless charger and then give option of carplay only by cable, right?

im in Panama btw...
Your dealer is wrong... wireless CarPlay is a standard feature. My dealer resolved my issue, but it took 1.5 hours. As far as I understand, they performed some kind of hard reset on the PCM. We also noticed that some other cars in the showroom had the same issue.
Old 01-28-2024, 06:49 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

yes airplane mode cause is old no active sim, but wifi and bt actived and connected to cayenne. The iphones are with sim and no airplane mode and still, get at the same point.

I tried near home and pairing also far from any wifi, several times from scratch. Feels like some sort of limitation, cause devices see each others.
have u confirm the phones ur using can do carplay w another vehicle? if yes then it sounds like the hard pcm reset might be what you might need. have u tried forgetting the wifi and bt and re doing them? It sounded like u re tried a couple time from scratch already.
Old 01-28-2024, 10:48 AM
keroh
Track Day

have u confirm the phones ur using can do carplay w another vehicle? if yes then it sounds like the hard pcm reset might be what you might need. have u tried forgetting the wifi and bt and re doing them? It sounded like u re tried a couple time from scratch already.
yes all phones have no issues on other cars, that s why is so annoyin. I tried several time forgetting wifi and bt and staring the pairing procedures again. It goes well till the moment the car says "open carplay blablabla"

im worried cause the solution they give me as dealers is to buy the connector to make it wireless...wtf🫠
Old 01-28-2024, 01:58 PM
keroh
Track Day

Originally Posted by mTuran
Your dealer is wrong... wireless CarPlay is a standard feature. My dealer resolved my issue, but it took 1.5 hours. As far as I understand, they performed some kind of hard reset on the PCM. We also noticed that some other cars in the showroom had the same issue.
Thanks for the info
where is you dealer located? Maybe i can tell mine to contact yours and get the solution.

Old 01-28-2024, 02:50 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

You are in the U.S. right? Do you know someone else w an iPhone that you can use to test?
Old 01-28-2024, 03:32 PM
keroh
Track Day

You are in the U.S. right? Do you know someone else w an iPhone that you can use to test?
No, im in Panama central america

have 4 iphones in the house, all working well on the other cars. I believe problem is the cayenne

Phone is ready

Car is ready too

I say yes on both devices, this circle begins to spin...but then nothing happens. If i press it again is the same, is not connecting.

If i press the carplay icon on the left vertical bar, this is the message i get.
Old 01-28-2024, 03:58 PM
mTuran
Track Day

Thanks for the info
where is you dealer located? Maybe i can tell mine to contact yours and get the solution.
My dealer is Porsche Dubai and I experienced the EXACT same issue. After the loading animation, nothing happens and it only works via cable. Your service should perform a hard reset on the PCM (they connected something under the bonnet).
Old 01-28-2024, 04:22 PM
trlin
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 27 Posts

I think this is a general issue for '24 models. I've fought it a couple times, seems like it lasts a day, two or three, then goes away for a month.

Quick Reply: Cayenne 2024 - Wireless CarPlay Not Working