Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne 2024 - Wireless CarPlay Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2024, 06:55 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 371 Likes on 275 Posts

I think you may need to have the dealer resolve. That said it doesn’t hurt to review every possible detail ahead.

It does say in the manual that some countries do not have carplay available. I don’t think that will be the case, but the language is there, so it can be the case in certain countries. that is why i asked if u were in the U.S.

when i got in my car this morning i made it a point to observe my connection manager right away before my phone connected. What i noticed was that the Icon for my phone (the far left one that signifies a bluetooth connection) was white, not blue. the same icon in your connection manager for both phones is blue, signifying the phones are connected via bluetooth. it says in the manual that if you plan to use carplay do not connect the phone to the car via bluetooth first. here is the description of the icons:

Old 01-28-2024, 11:23 PM
keroh
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mTuran
My dealer is Porsche Dubai and I experienced the EXACT same issue. After the loading animation, nothing happens and it only works via cable. Your service should perform a hard reset on the PCM (they connected something under the bonnet).
I'll go tomorrow to the dealer and see, cause their reply was "use the cable"
Old 01-28-2024, 11:31 PM
keroh
Track Day

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
I think you may need to have the dealer resolve. That said it doesn’t hurt to review every possible detail ahead.

It does say in the manual that some countries do not have carplay available. I don’t think that will be the case, but the language is there, so it can be the case in certain countries. that is why i asked if u were in the U.S.

when i got in my car this morning i made it a point to observe my connection manager right away before my phone connected. What i noticed was that the Icon for my phone (the far left one that signifies a bluetooth connection) was white, not blue. the same icon in your connection manager for both phones is blue, signifying the phones are connected via bluetooth. it says in the manual that if you plan to use carplay do not connect the phone to the car via bluetooth first. here is the description of the icons:

tried again from scratch, all sets

Phone is not connected, but bt is on and wifi is on ready

Selected carplay icon, spins and nothing... After that i see iphone bluetooth is connected to cayenne but still does not work.

if i search for devices carplay option as suggested in the point 2 of your manual, still give the "connect using usb.." message

Old 01-28-2024, 11:37 PM
keroh
Track Day

Originally Posted by trlin
I think this is a general issue for '24 models. I've fought it a couple times, seems like it lasts a day, two or three, then goes away for a month.
Honestly i would expect these issues with some other cheaper manufacturer, instead it is the opposite...very disappointing
Old 01-29-2024, 11:24 AM
keroh
Track Day

Originally Posted by keroh
Honestly i would expect these issues with some other cheaper manufacturer, instead it is the opposite...very disappointing
Seems porsche disable wlan in countries where porsche connect is not available. Wifi is needed for wireless carplay.
So i pay 130k usd for a car that have less connectivity than a kia rio. With all respecto for a kia owner.

i should check some programmer to unlock it..
Old 01-29-2024, 11:43 AM
mTuran
Track Day

Seems porsche disable wlan in countries where porsche connect is not available. Wifi is needed for wireless carplay.
So i pay 130k usd for a car that have less connectivity than a kia rio. With all respecto for a kia owner.

i should check some programmer to unlock it..
We don't have Porsche Connect in Dubai, but Apple CarPlay works with Wi-Fi. I believe your dealer/service is quite poor and is trying to make excuses instead of fixing the issue.
Old 01-29-2024, 12:57 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 371 Likes on 275 Posts

Porsche should have a list of countries where wireless carplay isn’t supported somewhere. I am not sure where to find it.

Your dealer may not be entirely in the know, do you have another dealer u can go to?
Old 01-29-2024, 02:56 PM
keroh
Track Day

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
Porsche should have a list of countries where wireless carplay isn’t supported somewhere. I am not sure where to find it.

Your dealer may not be entirely in the know, do you have another dealer u can go to?
Just had a reply from porsche latin america that in order to have the wireless connection, i must have the 5G AND the navigation module active. There are no maps for latin america, so navigation is not working therefore they disabled it. Doing so the wlan network is not working and phone can't connect correctly for carplay or android auto using wireless. This sucks.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:57 PM
keroh
Track Day

We don't have Porsche Connect in Dubai, but Apple CarPlay works with Wi-Fi. I believe your dealer/service is quite poor and is trying to make excuses instead of fixing the issue.
do you have internal phone active and navigation module operative on your car?
Old 01-29-2024, 03:03 PM
mTuran
Track Day

do you have internal phone active and navigation module operative on your car?
The car has built-in navigation but no internal phone(SIM).
Old 01-29-2024, 03:05 PM
keroh
Track Day

The car has built-in navigation but no internal phone(SIM).
so the 5G rely on the same phone, the problem then is the disabled navigation.
The following users liked this post:
ThomasWShea (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 04:25 PM
kanien
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

This is very strange. I'm in Brazil, my 2022 Cayenne does not have 5G and Apple Carplay works perfectly...
Old 01-29-2024, 04:28 PM
keroh
Track Day

Originally Posted by kanien
This is very strange. I'm in Brazil, my 2022 Cayenne does not have 5G and Apple Carplay works perfectly...
Carplay connects wireless? And there are maps and navigation available?

dont know if it is related with the new 2024 only then...

they got a stop sale for an issue with electic systems and had software update just a week ago. Mine arrived on december and waited for the patch till now. People received earlier had to return the cars to dealers. Was a serious thing tho

Last edited by keroh; 01-29-2024 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-29-2024, 04:31 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 340 Posts

picked up my '23 over the weekend. carplay worked great with my primary phone. Was in the car earlier with my other iphone and it would not connect. I got the message about needing USB cable. so, one phone works the other doesn't.
Old 01-29-2024, 04:35 PM
kanien
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Carplay connects wireless? And there are maps and navigation available?

dont know if it is related with the new 2024 only then...

they got a stop sale for an issue with electic systems and had software update just a week ago. Mine arrived on december and waited for the patch till now. People received earlier had to return the cars to dealers. Was a serious thing tho
Yes connects via wireless... My 22 does have maps...

I would try a hard reset on PCM and a hard reset on the iPhone. Have you tried it?

Quick Reply: Cayenne 2024 - Wireless CarPlay Not Working