Sponsored By:

Innodrive + ALK help

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2023, 05:43 PM
bafrench
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Innodrive + ALK help

I have a lovely new 2024 Cayenne that has innodrive and ALK, ACC. I confuse to being a bit confused about it. In Range Rovers that I have rented before (in England), there was what I thought was a similar function. Essentially, on well marked highways, the Rover would pretty much drive itself, including steering around corners. If you took your hands off the wheel, you would get an alert, so you had to stay engaged, but it was pretty darn autonomous.

When I bought the Cayenne, I thought I was buying a similar function. Unless I am doing something wrong, it seems like the Porsche system will do some sharp-ish adjustments if you wander out of your lane, but it is not really a smooth auto-steering function. Is that correct or am I missing something about the functionality.

Most of the time I like to drive myself, but on really long road trips the functionality of the Range Rover was really nice.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance … Cheers, barry
Old 12-19-2023, 07:25 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,382 Likes on 1,014 Posts

Originally Posted by bafrench
I have a lovely new 2024 Cayenne that has innodrive and ALK, ACC. I confuse to being a bit confused about it. In Range Rovers that I have rented before (in England), there was what I thought was a similar function. Essentially, on well marked highways, the Rover would pretty much drive itself, including steering around corners. If you took your hands off the wheel, you would get an alert, so you had to stay engaged, but it was pretty darn autonomous.

When I bought the Cayenne, I thought I was buying a similar function. Unless I am doing something wrong, it seems like the Porsche system will do some sharp-ish adjustments if you wander out of your lane, but it is not really a smooth auto-steering function. Is that correct or am I missing something about the functionality.

Most of the time I like to drive myself, but on really long road trips the functionality of the Range Rover was really nice.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance … Cheers, barry
I use the two semi-autonomous modes now and then. ACC+ALK and InnoDrive. InnoDrive simply adds some speed limit and curve anticipation functionality which in my view does not add value to the driving experience.

Semiautonomous driving with ACC+ALK is not smooth, especially on curving roads with lane markings that come and go. On the motorway the system works just fine.

My vehicle departs the lane (a bad thing) without warning on curvy roads at 45mph with good lane markings. I allow the vehicle to do this when there is no oncoming traffic, to see if the car fails the test. It often fails.

It’s a good system in its comfort zone, but the comfort zone is relatively narrow.
The following users liked this post:
bafrench (12-20-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 08:05 PM
Kalson
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

Your dealer needs to activate the feature with a software update.

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post19046328

You can read the entire thread for more background info.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kalson:
bafrench (12-20-2023), Needsdecaf (12-20-2023), Woofman (12-19-2023)
Old 12-20-2023, 10:02 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,580 Likes on 1,603 Posts

It's very confusing.

You need to make sure you are selecting "Active Lane Keep". "Lane Keep Assist" is the system which helps keep you in the lane if you're about to veer out. ALK is the one that is designed to be a Level 2 driver assist system and actually "steer" the car.

Make sure you are enabling it when you are selecting the appropriate function on the active cruise controls. I know on my '23 it's a bit complicated; not sure how you activate it on a '24.

It also could be, as noted above, your system is not functional. But make sure you can select "Active Lane Keep".
The following 2 users liked this post by Needsdecaf:
bafrench (12-20-2023), chassis (12-20-2023)
Old 12-20-2023, 07:53 PM
bafrench
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really helpful … thank you all. Have appointment with Porsche in Denver next week to get it sorted … Cheers, Barry
The following users liked this post:
chassis (12-20-2023)

Quick Reply: Innodrive + ALK help