2024 Cayenne E-Hybrid Progress

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 03:47 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by SWxSec
We’re all waiting on Cali CARB approval now. Could be mid June, could be mid July. The only people who actually know are CA Air Resource Board employees. Anyone know somebody who knows somebody?
I’ve been contacting them for a few weeks, but they simply will not release any info on pending approvals (no matter how nicely I ask!). I am keeping up with the list of signed EOs, but that website seems to be updated about every new moon. Needless to say, I’ll let y’all know if I make any progress.
The following users liked this post:
MaxLTV (04-29-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 01:38 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 733 Likes on 403 Posts

Yes I think we are ALL waiting on California CARB whether we actually live in the dayum state or not. That is a silly rule that they need to change...can see if I was a California resident but jeez...to have my car release again held hostage to.a state board which I don't live in just makes me laugh....happend with two prior P-cars ordered where I had to wait on CARB approval!
Schnave (04-30-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 09:21 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Yes I think we are ALL waiting on California CARB whether we actually live in the dayum state or not. That is a silly rule that they need to change...can see if I was a California resident but jeez...to have my car release again held hostage to.a state board which I don't live in just makes me laugh....happend with two prior P-cars ordered where I had to wait on CARB approval!
There are actually several states that require CARB certification. Seeing on how many Porsches end up in these states (esp CA) what Porsche is doing makes sense, especially in light of the fact that CARB is apparently still pretty steamed over that whole DieselGate lying scandal.

Old 04-30-2024, 05:29 PM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 318 Likes on 155 Posts

Glad I live in Illinois. Our Cayene eHybrid is due to be built late May and delivered July 5. I hope my California friends get theirs soon!
Old 04-30-2024, 06:17 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tedster
Glad I live in Illinois. Our Cayene eHybrid is due to be built late May and delivered July 5. I hope my California friends get theirs soon!
To clarify, all Porsches are (or will be) CARB compliant, but the process is expected to be complete for 2024 Cayenne Hybrids by 6/28.
Old 05-01-2024, 12:57 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
There are actually several states that require CARB certification. Seeing on how many Porsches end up in these states (esp CA) what Porsche is doing makes sense, especially in light of the fact that CARB is apparently still pretty steamed over that whole DieselGate lying scandal.

Ahh to see my state is green free is some relief according to the CARB map you share or at least this gives me fake solice that the whole process will go swiflty and smoothly for all of us in wait for CARB to be proclaimed for the 2024 Cayenne clan!

Originally Posted by Tedster
July 5 should be past Porsche's scheduled 28 Jun US wide release date to dealers to delivery/sale cars so you should be okay it would seem.
Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
To clarify, all Porsches are (or will be) CARB compliant, but the process is expected to be complete for 2024 Cayenne Hybrids by 6/28.
Yes fingers crossed...for many delivery parties and posts across the RL on 28 Jun onwards! LOL.
Tedster (05-01-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 05:28 PM
jtg9301
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Ahh to see my state is green free is some relief according to the CARB map you share or at least this gives me fake solice that the whole process will go swiflty and smoothly for all of us in wait for CARB to be proclaimed for the 2024 Cayenne clan!

July 5 should be past Porsche's scheduled 28 Jun US wide release date to dealers to delivery/sale cars so you should be okay it would seem.

Yes fingers crossed...for many delivery parties and posts across the RL on 28 Jun onwards! LOL.
Hello, I’m new to this group. A couple of weeks ago, I went to see my local dealer. They had an open allocation for a 2024 Cayenne S E-Hybrid. I put a deposit on it. I was told to expect it this summer. Now I’m wondering if I made a mistake and should have waited for MY 2025. Anyone have a guess when 2025’s will be available? I know my dealer doesn’t have any more allocations. Presumably they will only get 2025’s going forward. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2024, 12:28 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jtg9301
Hello, I’m new to this group. A couple of weeks ago, I went to see my local dealer. They had an open allocation for a 2024 Cayenne S E-Hybrid. I put a deposit on it. I was told to expect it this summer. Now I’m wondering if I made a mistake and should have waited for MY 2025. Anyone have a guess when 2025’s will be available? I know my dealer doesn’t have any more allocations. Presumably they will only get 2025’s going forward. Thanks.
2025s usually don't drop until later in the summer/fall after the factory re-tools and restarts production. This normally happens end of Aug or early Sept for Porsche where they change over to the new models next production wise. So if they do NOT have an allocation they won't get a 2024 likely between now and that time frame....so any car would be a 2025 for sure. As for the old deposit on a car and you'll get one at this time...well lots in RL on that one. Without an allocation there is NO way they can know when you'd get a car WITHOUT an allocation in hand. Its just a guess at that point...and most importantly a deposit doesn't equal an allocation...you're just a person on a list and that can change for MANY various reasons here depending on the honest of your dealer and also number of cars they get and how popular they are from what Porsche is doing model wise and release wise. So many dealers will put you on a list and promise a car but have you and your money there in limbo for a while.

In your case though IF they HAD an allocation and put your name on it and said summer then they gave you a commission number which is towards a chassis production date and a car. IF that is the case then you have a car sometime in the summer...usually an estimated delivery date too comes with that and it would be a 2024. As for difference between the 2024 and 2025 cars....likely none other than maybe price and interest rates and oh yeah the wait gets longer!

Quick Reply: 2024 Cayenne E-Hybrid Progress