2024 Cayenne E-Hybrid Progress

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2023, 01:53 PM
PoscheNewb
Track Day

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Question 2024 Cayenne E-Hybrid Progress

Hello~

We ordered our Cayenne E-Hybrid in May and initial delivery was production start October with delivery in December. Few months ago, timeline was pushed to January production start with delivery in February 2025... Now, just few weeks ago, I noticed that all milestones dates stayed the same except for dates from "local entry port" and "arrived at your dealer" shows a gap of 3 months... Has anyone experienced this? Any thoughts/past experience would be greatly appreciated..

Local Entry Port is Baltimore, MD and my dealership is about 45 minutes away in Northern Virginia
Old 11-02-2023, 03:24 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 203 Posts

Unfortunately, you're not alone, see below. My sales guy believes that Porsche has built in an assumed port hold in order to get EPA clearance. Porsche did send you the free second year's maintenance to compensate, right?

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post19047309
Old 11-02-2023, 03:40 PM
PoscheNewb
Track Day

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
Unfortunately, you're not alone, see below. My sales guy believes that Porsche has built in an assumed port hold in order to get EPA clearance. Porsche did send you the free second year's maintenance to compensate, right?

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...l#post19047309
Thank you for the reply~! Yes, we did receive the added maintenance. Also did you mean 2 additional to the 1st year to make total 3 year service?

If it is a port hold for EPA clearance, I hope it's something that can be sped up and they are doing this to "under promise and over perform"....
Old 11-02-2023, 05:08 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PoscheNewb
Thank you for the reply~! Yes, we did receive the added maintenance. Also did you mean 2 additional to the 1st year to make total 3 year service?
I received a coupon for free second year maintenance in addition to the standard year one work for a total of two years.

If it is a port hold for EPA clearance, I hope it's something that can be sped up and they are doing this to "under promise and over perform"....
That's my hope! My guess is that after Porsche/VW/Audi lied to the EPA about their diesel engine emissions, there's a certain lack of trust.

If you want to continue down the rabbit trail of hope, my sales guy also mentioned that our cars will probably be MY25s. Maybe they'll fix some of the nagging problems (e.g. lack of HomeLink buttons) that so many complain about here.
Old 11-03-2023, 01:49 PM
cainc
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want to continue down the rabbit trail of hope, my sales guy also mentioned that our cars will probably be MY25s. Maybe they'll fix some of the nagging problems (e.g. lack of HomeLink buttons) that so many complain about here.
Does anyone know when will Porsche start with the "MY25"? What changes should we expect?
Old 11-03-2023, 03:32 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cainc
Does anyone know when will Porsche start with the "MY25"? What changes should we expect?
IF indeed we end up with a MY25 and IF there are any changes (not automatic after such a major facelift), we've already seen mirror mounted HomeLink buttons on a Canadian car and I've heard rumors of a J1772/Tesla combo plug. Nothing earth shattering, but we only have a mere SEVEN months to find out!
The following users liked this post:
cainc (11-03-2023)
Old 11-03-2023, 10:39 PM
PoscheNewb
Track Day

IF indeed we end up with a MY25 and IF there are any changes (not automatic after such a major facelift), we've already seen mirror mounted HomeLink buttons on a Canadian car and I've heard rumors of a J1772/Tesla combo plug. Nothing earth shattering, but we only have a mere SEVEN months to find out!
wait a minute…. It doesn’t have home link functions? Time to call my SA….
Old 11-04-2023, 08:43 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PoscheNewb
wait a minute…. It doesn’t have home link functions? Time to call my SA….
The 24 Cayenne does indeed have standard HomeLink, but from what folks posted on this forum it must be accessed through the PCM. Someone (from Canada?) posted a picture of HL buttons along the bottom of the mirror as God intended.
Old 11-05-2023, 08:14 PM
Gus22
Instructor

Received 134 Likes on 63 Posts

I just picked up my 24 cayenne S on Saturday. The sales associate was showing me homelink and the pcm showed the 3 dedicated buttons under the rearview mirror. Mine has the 3 buttons and he said that was the first 24 cayenne they had received with the homelink buttons that he knew of. He didn’t believe it at first. Lucked out I guess.
The following 2 users liked this post by Gus22:
cainc (11-06-2023), Woofman (11-06-2023)
Old 11-05-2023, 08:26 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

The 24 Cayenne does indeed have standard HomeLink, but from what folks posted on this forum it must be accessed through the PCM. Someone (from Canada?) posted a picture of HL buttons along the bottom of the mirror as God intended.
Originally Posted by Gus22
I just picked up my 24 cayenne S on Saturday. The sales associate was showing me homelink and the pcm showed the 3 dedicated buttons under the rearview mirror. Mine has the 3 buttons and he said that was the first 24 cayenne they had received with the homelink buttons that he knew of. He didn’t believe it at first. Lucked out I guess.
Praise the Lord! Maybe they’re reading this stuff and reacting to negative customer feedback. Naahhh…
Old 11-06-2023, 01:59 PM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 183 Posts

I just placed a order for a 24 Cayenne Turbo Hybrid. Manufacturing complete on 1-29, local port arrival 3-1, and delivery on 6-10.
MaxLTV (11-06-2023)
Old 11-06-2023, 05:35 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,178 Likes on 583 Posts

Originally Posted by ENCT
I just placed a order for a 24 Cayenne Turbo Hybrid. Manufacturing complete on 1-29, local port arrival 3-1, and delivery on 6-10.
Thanks for the info. Time to ping my dealer. Trying to get May - June Euro delivery.

Any idea why local port arrival and delivery are so far apart?
Old 11-06-2023, 06:46 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Thanks for the info. Time to ping my dealer. Trying to get May - June Euro delivery.

Any idea why local port arrival and delivery are so far apart?
My sales guy believes that Porsche is adding a port hold to delivery schedules for EPA clearance.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:06 AM
PoscheNewb
Track Day

My sales guy believes that Porsche is adding a port hold to delivery schedules for EPA clearance.
Update - our Cayenne Hybrid arrived in port on 4/18. Does anyone have any updates on US Deliveries of Cayenne hybrids? Mine is showing as dealer to receive end of June and I am curious what others are hearing~
mdrobc1213 (04-30-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 11:11 AM
SWxSec
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

We’re all waiting on Cali CARB approval now. Could be mid June, could be mid July. The only people who actually know are CA Air Resource Board employees. Anyone know somebody who knows somebody?
The following 2 users liked this post by SWxSec:
mdrobc1213 (04-30-2024), PoscheNewb (04-29-2024)

Quick Reply: 2024 Cayenne E-Hybrid Progress