Sponsored By:

Cayenne e-hybrid charging schedule

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2023, 09:09 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,982 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Originally Posted by kanien
I bought my 22 Cayenne used and I'm not sure if it came with the 3.4kw or 7.4kw charger, is there anyway to make sure which one I have?

Best,
how long does it take to charge from empty? if it takes more than 3 hours you have the 3.6 kW on board charger - if it charges from empty in less than 3 hours you have the 7.2 kW onboard charger - also the window sticker should tell you - if 7.2 kW is not listed anywhere then you have the 3.6 kW on board charger.
Old 10-25-2023, 07:36 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
#1 trying to outguess Porsche as to what is "better" is a losing game - they have more data than you have - my opinion is drive the car how you like and dont' worry about "better" - and besides your "better" may not be the same as my 'better" - what are you optimizing for in terms of better? fuel economy? not waking the neighbors early morning? fun? performance? engine hours? speed? cruise? cabin temperature? what is better in your mind? total EV hours? distance/range? wanna get home with a full tank of gas (I drive to the gas station on full ICE, and then drive home in pure EV mode so the car is 100% full in the morning both battery and gas fuel tank) - what are your goals for 'better"?

#2 no - it will always start in eMode
Dave, I agree with you "better" is a very abstract word. I guess I am trying to understand more about the differences and in addition - if it was possible - to leave it permanently to one setting for my wife - which seemed hybrid mode is angood choice. But anyway it seems after the battery runs out at 5% on e-power mode it turns automatically to hybrid (auto) so all good

P.S. By the way I am surely not doubting Porsche they surely know more

Last edited by silversurfer6; 10-25-2023 at 07:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
daveo4porsche (10-25-2023)
Old 10-25-2023, 10:36 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,982 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
Dave, I agree with you "better" is a very abstract word. I guess I am trying to understand more about the differences and in addition - if it was possible - to leave it permanently to one setting for my wife - which seemed hybrid mode is angood choice. But anyway it seems after the battery runs out at 5% on e-power mode it turns automatically to hybrid (auto) so all good

P.S. By the way I am surely not doubting Porsche they surely know more
have you found the "sport" button in the center of the drive mode dial yet? now that is _BETTER_ - give it a try

my basic point is - don't overthink it - porsche has it pretty well sorted in my opinion and the car/hybrid seem to "just work" - so trying to think about things/modes/defaults that Porsche hasn't thought of is a losing battle - so just get it in an drive, and if you want to help the ICE motor get started sooner just one click to hybrid-auto or two-clicks to sport - and generally speaking that's as much as one really needs to do - but mostly just leave it alone and let the car do it's thing…since April of 2021 I've found the car basically just works and I don't need to play the what mode do I want game ever if at all.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:33 AM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

have you found the "sport" button in the center of the drive mode dial yet? now that is _BETTER_ - give it a try
I have found the sport plus one and this is the only one I personally use. It also charges the battery very fast Consumption is on the high side but who cares
The following users liked this post:
daveo4porsche (10-26-2023)
Old 10-26-2023, 08:37 AM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

my basic point is - don't overthink it - porsche has it pretty well sorted in my opinion and the car/hybrid seem to "just work" - so trying to think about things/modes/defaults that Porsche hasn't thought of is a losing battle - so just get it in an drive, and if you want to help the ICE motor get started sooner just one click to hybrid-auto or two-clicks to sport - and generally speaking that's as much as one really needs to do - but mostly just leave it alone and let the car do it's thing…since April of 2021 I've found the car basically just works and I don't need to play the what mode do I want game ever if at all.
I am with you. I am only trying to find out more since this is our first e-hybrid and I know nothing about them. For example until you told me - and then I read the manual - I did not know that it was designed to always start in e-power. I thought you had the option. Now that I know I will surely not even think about it again
Old 04-22-2024, 11:56 AM
MFriesen
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has also failed for me multiple times. (Failed more times than it has worked).
Old 06-22-2024, 07:25 AM
cpthavoc
2nd Gear

#1 trying to outguess Porsche as to what is "better" is a losing game - they have more data than you have - my opinion is drive the car how you like and dont' worry about "better" - and besides your "better" may not be the same as my 'better" - what are you optimizing for in terms of better? fuel economy? not waking the neighbors early morning? fun? performance? engine hours? speed? cruise? cabin temperature? what is better in your mind? total EV hours? distance/range? wanna get home with a full tank of gas (I drive to the gas station on full ICE, and then drive home in pure EV mode so the car is 100% full in the morning both battery and gas fuel tank) - what are your goals for 'better"?

I think it’s a good question as the Cayenne manual advises not using E-power continuously -
  • Porsche recommends the use of the electric and conventional drive in the best possible balance. Continuous and exclusive movement of the electric drive can result in increased wear on the high-voltage battery.

Last edited by cpthavoc; 06-22-2024 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Please delete this as second comment the edited version. Apologies for hassle
Old 06-22-2024, 07:30 AM
cpthavoc
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
A couple of more questions by the wife:

1) The car always starts in e-power. Is it better use this for short communes in the city or better to use hybrid (auto) mode?

2) Can you set the car to always start in e-hybrid auto mode or even sports or sports plus? This is an E.2 car, have not checked the settings yet. (Manual states this: The E-POWER driving programme is activated by default and allows purely electric driving. After the ignition is switched off, the selected driving programme is automatically reset to E-POWER if the prerequisites for this driving programme are met.)

Quote:

In response to two comments above - I think it’s a good question as the Cayenne manual advises not using E-power continuously
  • Porsche recommends the use of the electric and conventional drive in the best possible balance. Continuous and exclusive movement of the electric drive can result in increased wear on the high-voltage battery.
Old 06-22-2024, 05:04 PM
MAXFPS
Instructor

Received 156 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Schnave
Try this — Tap the schedule you wish to delete and swipe right to left. It will delete it.

A good resource is the online PCM simulator. You can choose between Taycan and Cayenne. It is skewed towards the European market and features such as Sirius XM are not available. Otherwise, a great tool for poking around all the screens and learning the system.

https://your-digital-co-pilot.com/en

This is briliant! I had no idea this existed. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Cayenne e-hybrid charging schedule