Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

9Y0.2: anyone lose CarPlay yesterday (9/11)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2023, 07:54 PM
ambitin
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 42 Posts
Post 9Y0.2: anyone lose CarPlay yesterday (9/11)?

After weeks of flawless operation, CarPlay stopped worked in my wife's 2024 Cayenne S. It was working fine on Sunday and then when she got in the car on Monday it would not longer connect. I just sat down in the car for 20 minutes and tried to connect CarPlay to her phone and mine and it would not work with a wire or without. At one point I pressed the CarPlay button on the PCM and it said "Function Unavailable".

Apple rolled out a new iOS 16.6.1 last week, but we've had that installed for days without issues.

Bluetooth audio is working fine: just no CarPlay.

Just curious if I'm alone in this. If so, I'll try deleting both iPhones and re-adding them.
Old 09-12-2023, 10:57 PM
sanderson052
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ambitin
After weeks of flawless operation, CarPlay stopped worked in my wife's 2024 Cayenne S. It was working fine on Sunday and then when she got in the car on Monday it would not longer connect. I just sat down in the car for 20 minutes and tried to connect CarPlay to her phone and mine and it would not work with a wire or without. At one point I pressed the CarPlay button on the PCM and it said "Function Unavailable".

Apple rolled out a new iOS 16.6.1 last week, but we've had that installed for days without issues.

Bluetooth audio is working fine: just no CarPlay.

Just curious if I'm alone in this. If so, I'll try deleting both iPhones and re-adding them.
Lost my CarPlay one day last week on my '24 TGT. Had to completely reset the PCM to factory and set up My Porsche and Homelink again. Seems to be working now, but I can tell you it's still a bit fickle. Sometimes CarPlay starts right away then sometimes it's a little slower to load. Not much help, but at least now you know you aren't alone. I loaded a new iOS over the weekend, so it was prior to the latest version being installed (16.6.1).
Old 09-13-2023, 12:07 AM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 630 Likes on 379 Posts

My suggestion is to use carplay with a usb cable. It is much more reliable and you get better quality audio from lossless audio services like apple music, tidal, amazon, etc
The following users liked this post:
GTS440 (09-13-2023)
Old 09-13-2023, 09:16 AM
ambitin
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
My suggestion is to use carplay with a usb cable. It is much more reliable and you get better quality audio from lossless audio services like apple music, tidal, amazon, etc
USB cable didn’t work either. And wireless had been flawless.

Randomly, my wife got in the car this morning and CarPlay connected right up and worked.

Quick Reply: 9Y0.2: anyone lose CarPlay yesterday (9/11)?