TX residents $2500 Grant on Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 10:24 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,829 Likes on 2,163 Posts
Default TX residents $2500 Grant on Cayenne

I was in the market for a new Cayenne, but decided to pass and keep my LX.

Anyway while still in the process I had requested Austin to include the Cayenne in their EV grant program—-Panamera was already listed. Got a call back today that the Cayenne was listed.

If you are a TX resident and purchase a Cayenne e-hybrid in TX you’re eligible for the $2500 grant. Believe if you’ve already purchased since 1 September you may also qualify.
The following users liked this post:
SaintD (11-05-2019)
Old 11-01-2019, 03:05 PM
BRJACKET
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Unfortunately NC doesn't offer anything at this time.
For the Federal energy credit, do you have to fill out the form when you get the car or is it part of your tax filing?
Old 11-01-2019, 03:34 PM
03clyde
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BRJACKET
..........For the Federal energy credit, do you have to fill out the form when you get the car or is it part of your tax filing?
IRS Form 8936 I think.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:40 PM
TXSchnee
Racer

Received 204 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
I was in the market for a new Cayenne, but decided to pass and keep my LX.

Anyway while still in the process I had requested Austin to include the Cayenne in their EV grant program—-Panamera was already listed. Got a call back today that the Cayenne was listed.

If you are a TX resident and purchase a Cayenne e-hybrid in TX you’re eligible for the $2500 grant. Believe if you’ve already purchased since 1 September you may also qualify.
Going to need to look into this as I'll be ordering my E Hybrid soon. Thanks for being proactive on getting it added.
Old 07-25-2024, 02:48 PM
FmrMacanOwner
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default is it possible CARB will never approve?

‘24 Turbo E-hybrid has now been sitting at the port in Benicia for two months.

As noted by earlier posters here there’s absolutely no information coming out of Porsche North America or the California Air Resources board.

Does anyone here know whether it’s possible the car will simply never be approved by CARB?

After waiting a year for this car, which was ordered the first day the configurator was up, I’m wondering if I need to start shopping for a different car…
Old 07-25-2024, 03:41 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by FmrMacanOwner
‘24 Turbo E-hybrid has now been sitting at the port in Benicia for two months.

As noted by earlier posters here there’s absolutely no information coming out of Porsche North America or the California Air Resources board.

Does anyone here know whether it’s possible the car will simply never be approved by CARB?

After waiting a year for this car, which was ordered the first day the configurator was up, I’m wondering if I need to start shopping for a different car…
Possible? Sure, remember DieselGate? CARB still does and has a webpage devoted to it: https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/our-work/topi...iesel-vehicles

However, I would rate it as very highly improbable given the hit VW/Porsche/Audi took on that disaster.

Quick Reply: TX residents $2500 Grant on Cayenne