Sponsored By:

Full Leather or No

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2023, 02:50 PM
SR74
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mafpolo
The full leather interior is beautiful. I love the stitching. I am looking for a 2020, and I have been looking at cars with full leather interiors. That said, I tend to keep my cars for a long time. I don't know how well the full leather holds up long term. I live in the Southeast and the summers are extremely hot. I do use a windshield screen cover when I park at the office. I am curious to others' experiences and opinions.
Thanks
Absolutely full leather, and I'd strongly recommend club leather if possible. My Cayenne Turbo is a 2019 with Truffle Club Leather and still looks 100% brand new. Seriously, not even the bolsters look wrinkled or worn. I'm in OK and it's garage kept at home, but parked outside for work, errands, etc. I never use a windshield shade, but do have the thermal glass all around and the rear window shades. I don't always fully appreciate how nice the interior is and what a difference it makes until I get stuck with a base model loaner (at servicing or for recall stuff). Then it's massively apparent how huge a difference in quality there is between the basic interior and full leather.
The following users liked this post:
OncPorsche (09-05-2023)
Old 09-05-2023, 06:51 PM
mgx1020
Racer

Received 126 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by SR74
Absolutely full leather, and I'd strongly recommend club leather if possible. My Cayenne Turbo is a 2019 with Truffle Club Leather and still looks 100% brand new. Seriously, not even the bolsters look wrinkled or worn. I'm in OK and it's garage kept at home, but parked outside for work, errands, etc. I never use a windshield shade, but do have the thermal glass all around and the rear window shades. I don't always fully appreciate how nice the interior is and what a difference it makes until I get stuck with a base model loaner (at servicing or for recall stuff). Then it's massively apparent how huge a difference in quality there is between the basic interior and full leather.
does anyone have a comparison of full leather vs club? I always feel like the club was a bit of a ripoff , especially since the new club is just black
Old 09-05-2023, 07:09 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 736 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by mgx1020
does anyone have a comparison of full leather vs club? I always feel like the club was a bit of a ripoff , especially since the new club is just black
I dont have a comparison but for club you also have the option of black/barrique red.

Also I think the club truffle brown/cohiba combination in the E3.1 cayenne was amazing.
Old 09-05-2023, 07:20 PM
SR74
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mgx1020
I don't know what you mean by the new club is just black. On the 24's you can get basalt black club leather, or black/barrique red club leather. I've seen (test drove an S with) the barrique and loved it. If you search the forum the difference between the types of leather has been discussed / debated quite a bit. When you're asking for a comparison I don't know if you mean how it looks (ie what areas of the vehicle have leather) or if you're talking how it feels. You can find plenty of pics by searching the forum. As for how it feels, find a dealership with a club leather (any recent year will do) in stock, and see how they feel to you. Same as any upgrade option...some discern the difference and can't live without one option or another, while others don't notice/care and prefer to save the money or use it for another option. All quite personal and subjective.
Old 09-05-2023, 07:37 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I'll add my two cents- definitely full leather. But treat it gently- it's very thin and will mar, rip or tear if you abuse in the slightest. I say this because my wife treats it as if it were a cop car. My Porsches' that have full leather are perfect- even though one is almost six years old.
chassis (09-05-2023)
Old 09-05-2023, 11:14 PM
importtuner
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 71 Posts

Yes, you have to be careful how you enter and exit as well. The bolsters are rubbing points and its always the bottom seat bolster that ends up wearing out the quickest.
chassis (09-05-2023)

Quick Reply: Full Leather or No