Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

24 Turbo eHybrid

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2023, 09:52 PM
canuckporsche
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

In Canada there is about a $50k price difference between the TGT and Turbo eHybrid. I can add a lot of options to the latter for $50k. It does make an appealing alternative choice. I actually originally wanted a hybrid, but ordered the TGT as it wasn’t announced yet. I guess the biggest differentiators with the TGT is it is still faster despite less hp and torque, better handling because it is 800lbs? lighter and the GT package that is not available for the Turbo eHybrid in North America. Curious if others are doing a similar reflection?
Old 08-30-2023, 09:53 PM
OncPorsche
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 62 Posts

Anyone try messing around with the configurator? Allocations are out and trying to put together a build. There’s a lightweight sport package that resembles the GT/other sport package (I absolutely dislike the plastic of the color of the car in the grill) as well as a “image coming soon” lightweight package that appears to to keep the unique turbo front fascia while not changing the side skirts but then changing the back bumper to the center mounted tailpipes. I feel like this option is too good to be true and likely just a non updated/malfunctioning configurator. (US build here)

Last edited by OncPorsche; 08-30-2023 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-30-2023, 10:37 PM
aab
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by canuckporsche
In Canada there is about a $50k price difference between the TGT and Turbo eHybrid. I can add a lot of options to the latter for $50k. It does make an appealing alternative choice. I actually originally wanted a hybrid, but ordered the TGT as it wasn’t announced yet. I guess the biggest differentiators with the TGT is it is still faster despite less hp and torque, better handling because it is 800lbs? lighter and the GT package that is not available for the Turbo eHybrid in North America. Curious if others are doing a similar reflection?
I’m absolutely thinking the same thing. And the Urus S or “PHEV to be” seems a bit less appealing.
Old 08-30-2023, 10:45 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,241 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by wch
Have been waiting for this but am a little concerned about it as a tow vehicle.

I have a '21 Turbo I use to tow an enclosed Trailex, my GT3, extra wheels and various tools etc.

Anyone else looking at this for towing?
Should be better than the current turbo for towing because it has higher payload. The current Turbo payload is under 1100lbs, and that's including tongue weight and all passengers and luggage - not much at all. The added weight of the hybrid system should make the new Turbo a bit more stable too.
Old 08-30-2023, 10:51 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

I thought about TGT but quickly dismissed it because it does not tow, comes with wheels that are too big and thus tires are too low-profile (also much fewer options for winters) and is likely less comfortable and off-road capable. Turbo Hybrid is a much better value for an SUV, IMO, with hybrid benefits adding instant throttle response, HOV-lane and some parking privileges (at least here in BC), remote AC/heat control etc.
The following users liked this post:
OncPorsche (08-30-2023)
Old 08-30-2023, 11:41 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Just placed an order for one with European delivery targeting May 2024. So far it's a demand order but the dealer is confident about allocation. Euro delivery timing on the other hand is always questionable these days.
OncPorsche (08-31-2023)
Old 08-31-2023, 09:28 AM
i386_64
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

European customers (including GB) tend to stick with hybrid variants due to company car taxation. Probably spoken many times, the same car with ~300kg of added weight and added 18 miles of EV range seems to be much more 'greenier' than a pure ICE variant, hence they're asking for nearly half of the company car tax, which is ~7k£ for a TSE. In the UK, a GTS and a TSE would basically mean the same price although one is nearly 20k£ cheaper, but it'd require you to pay that 20k£ as tax in four years of ownership. So, if you're a full-time employee, go for a GTS or a TGT since you can't imburse it, if you're self-employed, just get an hybrid variant and pay less tax. That's why most of the PCO hybrids are not VAT deductible but GTSs are.

You can get an 2019 Audi A8 for 28,000£, or a 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance for 49,000£. The former would require 11,000£ of company car tax to be paid annually, the latter would be just 350£ (in right conditions). Considering years of ownership, people tend to stick with EVs as company cars nowadays.

Would buy which one makes more sense from the price point of view, I think all of them are quite superb.
milo993 (08-31-2023)
Old 08-31-2023, 09:57 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,623 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
The base price of the new Turbo jumped up quite a bit but also it includes more things that were previously optional, many of which I would spec anyway. So comparing it to my current Turbo, the same configuration would cost within $5K of where I would expect, given the inflation. Not too bad, given how much more power it makes, and the utility of the hybrid tech. Of course, now we have the "luxury for the government" tax, but that's not Porsche's fault..
Don't understand why you're comparing this to your Turbo. This should be compared to outgoing Turbo S Ehybrid.
Old 08-31-2023, 10:33 AM
Defratos
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Never expected Porsche to release the Turbo variant so early, now I'm happy. The real question is what color to get
Old 08-31-2023, 12:23 PM
canuckporsche
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

So media are reporting timing for the Turbo eHybrid will be second quarter of 2024. I assume Canada is the same. Wonder if this timing is very realistic. Don’t want to switch my Dec ‘23 TGT delivery to the Turbo eHybrid and then experience significant delays. Probably better to keep what I have. Maybe the dealer wouldn’t allow me to switch anyways, although I am not at lock down date yet.
Old 08-31-2023, 01:56 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Don't understand why you're comparing this to your Turbo. This should be compared to outgoing Turbo S Ehybrid.
Except for power, the equipment level is closer to Turbo than the outgoing Turbo S, and so is the price, at least in Canada. Also, it's called Turbo and is replacing Turbo - there will be no other Turbo trim below it.
Old 09-01-2023, 07:34 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 214 Posts

It's goofy that they're advertising this now since it won't be available til next year.

Also...come on, Porsche, remove the '23 Cayennes from the configurator already...it's been months since they've been available to order.
OncPorsche (09-04-2023)
Old 09-01-2023, 08:23 PM
Gwaxman34
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 78 Posts

So media are reporting timing for the Turbo eHybrid will be second quarter of 2024. I assume Canada is the same. Wonder if this timing is very realistic. Don’t want to switch my Dec ‘23 TGT delivery to the Turbo eHybrid and then experience significant delays. Probably better to keep what I have. Maybe the dealer wouldn’t allow me to switch anyways, although I am not at lock down date yet.
keep that TGT!
Old 09-01-2023, 10:22 PM
malrash
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Last pure iCE TGT vs a V8 hybrid that likely will see improvements every subsequent iteration. I don’t think it’s a difficult decision unless you have specific needs
Old 09-04-2023, 02:12 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by wch
Have been waiting for this but am a little concerned about it as a tow vehicle.

I have a '21 Turbo I use to tow an enclosed Trailex, my GT3, extra wheels and various tools etc.

Anyone else looking at this for towing?

I’m in the same boat. Why is the towing capacity reduced by 1000#?

Quick Reply: 24 Turbo eHybrid