Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What exactly can a Cayenne do that a Taycan can't?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2023, 05:37 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,623 Posts

Originally Posted by wkearney99
My '17 GTS Cayenne was totaled last month. I've rented a Cross Turismo via Turo. Great car, bullet-train like smooth ride. Surprisingly good storage, not quite as much as the Cayenne, but better than the Macan.

Charging was easy enough, though having to fast charge in a WalMart parking garage sure felt like slumming. If I had one at home I'd likely never use a public charger given my typical driving needs.

The deal killer? Entry/exit. I'm a tall guy, and not particularly thin. It was, let's just say, un-graceful hauling myself up/out of the Taycan. Elbows on the a & b pillars to haul my *** out of it. For the shorter/younger audience it wouldn't be an issue. The Cayenne is much easier to get in/out of.
Yeah, I got used to getting into a Taycan after about my dozenth try. But it's sure not graceful. The seat is too far back and hidden by the b-pillar, the roofline is too low and the wheel is too far out for taller folks, especially folks like me with taller torsos, to get in easily. It's weird.

Old 08-21-2023, 05:44 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,623 Posts

Originally Posted by George from MD
Even my dealer said wait a few years on the Taycan when my wife was ready to buy one.....we go to NC from MD frequently. It's unusable heading down I-81. The Cayenne, OTOH, is a dream.
not sure where in MD to where in NC, but down I 81 seems doable. Two stops Frederick to Charlotte. The EA has 3x 350kw and 1x150 kw charger. The Circle K looks a little slower.

The following users liked this post:
wkearney99 (08-21-2023)
Old 08-21-2023, 09:11 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 137 Posts

plugshare.com lists 274 places for charging on that route. If you narrow the range to exclude slower chargers there are still a dozen at 75kw or better. Understanding, of course, that not all chargers will deliver a max rate, nor will all vehicles take it.

Old 09-03-2023, 03:12 PM
Pedroski66
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factually inaccurate

Originally Posted by GT3ZZZ
Is that the royal we? On my 3rd 9YO mate and no issues from any of them.

EV's are a poor technology, hyped by the Liberal Elites and WEF with massive interests in lithium mines and African dictators, They have have no place on a car forum. Maybe try Mumsnet?
Your perspective is limited by the fact you've likely never driven, let alone owned or been in an EV. Poor technology? Last time I checked Elon Musk isn't exactly a "Liberal Elite ".
Old 09-03-2023, 08:14 PM
FlyPenFly
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 69 Posts

Eventually there will be more charging stations than gas stations and that will never reverse. That’s when I’ll convert IMO. I had an e-Golf for a while and it was a fun ride.

In SoCal, the public charging situation is a little toxic with people unplugging each other and other rude **** happening.

Quick Reply: What exactly can a Cayenne do that a Taycan can't?