Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Incoming 2024 E3.2 E-Hybrid - specs and disussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2023, 02:09 AM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 695 Likes on 416 Posts

I will probably contact DB carbon in Germany to see if they can produce a full carbon strip. They are top notch, indistinguishable from the original, but they are not cheap.
Old 08-14-2023, 08:31 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts

I’ll probably wait until when (if?) my hybrid arrives to see. The pics from the configurator show that, except for the carbon over neodyne (gold plastic?), the material is still surrounded by the plastic. Especially on the ends of the dash.
Old 09-14-2023, 07:34 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Ok, so car has arrived. A few photos first and a few comments in the next post on what I did wrong spec wise

The following 2 users liked this post by silversurfer6:
its_so_fluffy (09-14-2023), off (09-15-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 11:01 PM
importtuner
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 71 Posts

this. HUD is ineffective with the polarized sun glasses.

Originally Posted by SR74
--If you (your friend) wears polarized sunglasses, I would skip the HUD. I had it on an Audi and with polarized Maui Jim sunglasses, couldn't see it at all. I recently tested a new Panamera with HUD and wearing polarized prescription sunglasses still couldn't see it except at just the perfect angle every now and then, I could glimpse it. Even Porsche warns about not being able to see it with polarized lens. After paying for it on my Audi several years ago, I'll never bother paying to add it again.
Old 09-14-2023, 11:25 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 171 Likes on 133 Posts

Any good Polarized glasses block the HUD.
Polarized Sunglasses and blue light reduce depth of field so it’s “theoretically” harder to judge passing distance. Sunglasses designed for golfing are not Polarized and include blue light blocking. It’s easy to add a visor clip and another pair of glasses. These glasses also block UVA/UVB rays. Amazon sells a decent pair for about $40. For “white out” winter or cloudy conditions you can buy them with a yellow lens. For a little more $ there are several Oakley alternatives that I have started wearing in place of Polarized. If you want to use HUD there is this alternative.
Old 09-15-2023, 06:17 AM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by importtuner
this. HUD is ineffective with the polarized sun glasses.
Originally Posted by Ron.s
Any good Polarized glasses block the HUD.
Polarized Sunglasses and blue light reduce depth of field so it’s “theoretically” harder to judge passing distance. Sunglasses designed for golfing are not Polarized and include blue light blocking. It’s easy to add a visor clip and another pair of glasses. These glasses also block UVA/UVB rays. Amazon sells a decent pair for about $40. For “white out” winter or cloudy conditions you can buy them with a yellow lens. For a little more $ there are several Oakley alternatives that I have started wearing in place of Polarized. If you want to use HUD there is this alternative.
I do wear polarised but you can have a non polarized pair in the car. Anyway I did not order the HUD, I will try it in another car. Hopefully by then they would add more features e.g carplay info

Quick Reply: Incoming 2024 E3.2 E-Hybrid - specs and disussion