Sponsored By:

Turbo GT Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2023, 11:53 PM
Lucid Moment
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Turbo GT Exhaust

Looking to make the exhaust a little louder. Not much if anything currently on the market in regards to exhaust.

JCR is developing different options but not much available information at the moment, looks like it will be a month or 2 before anything might be released.

Quick search of other manufacturers does not reveal much either.

Other than custom, anyone know any exhaust currently available for the TGT?

Old 05-29-2023, 09:04 PM
Lucid Moment
Racer

The exhaust is essentially a straight pipe, made by Akrapovic. Without replacing the cats, I doubt sound can be improved much if any at all.

At this point makes more sense to leave valves open all the time. Sport+ sounds good with burbles.

Valves are not controlled by vacuum, and will trigger code if unplugged.

Soul makes a valve delete module for the 992 GT3. Not sure if it works for the TGT, they are not sure either.

Anyone know of a good way of keeping the valves open?

The following users liked this post:
chassis (05-29-2023)
Old 05-30-2023, 08:52 PM
NeunEinsEins
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes the TGT has the Titanium Akra exhaust, but only 40% is titanium, so JCR has developed essentially the center pipe from the 40% Akra rear to the back of the downpipes, so adds a further 40% titanium. JCR claims this add quite a bit more liveliness to the sound. Check out the Archie Hamilton/JCR video

I highly doubt anyone else will make an exhaust for the TGT as it is such a low production numbers car vs the development costs required to invest in developing a new exhaust.
Old 05-31-2023, 12:02 AM
Lucid Moment
Racer

Jonny from JCR said should be about 6 weeks before release. Contacted him after watching the vid, sounds great. Will have several different versions.

Also spoke with Soul, sent them a few photos of the TGT valve and actuator, they think the 992 GT3 valve delete modules will work. Going to give it a try. They also made some high flow cats, essentially guaranteeing no CEL by swapping out stock cats, and much better sound. Will try the modules first.
Old 06-07-2023, 10:15 AM
JTG13
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 40 Posts

I would absolutely wait for the JCR system. I also reached out and going to grab it when it becomes available (I will do the 200 cell options vs. straight pipe). My TGT gets delivered July 21st.
Old 06-07-2023, 11:43 PM
Lucid Moment
Racer

Let's see what they came out with. I have a feeling if you want any sort of sound increase, then either straight down pipes or high flow cats. Adding more Ti might make it raspier, but without charging the stock cats, I doubt it will make a large difference. Using the 200 cell high flow cats, will not result in a cel, so no tune needed.

I suspect that the down pipes can be used on different models using the 4LTT platform, mid/rear section is different on the Turbo GT, compared to Turbo/GTS.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (06-07-2023)
Old 06-08-2023, 10:52 AM
JTG13
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 40 Posts

Yeah you can use the downpipes from any of them (Fabspeed, soul, novitec, etc.). Same engine and same fitment on all the urus products.
Old 06-24-2023, 05:01 PM
Lucid Moment
Racer

Just a quick update, the Soul valve delete modules from the 992 GT3 do not work on the TGT. The plug on the valve actuator is slight different, as well as 3 pins vs 4 pins. Soul says they may develop a similar solution at some point.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lucid Moment:
chassis (06-24-2023), osama204 (03-14-2024)
Old 06-27-2023, 01:44 AM
Turrrbo
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucid Moment
Just a quick update, the Soul valve delete modules from the 992 GT3 do not work on the TGT. The plug on the valve actuator is slight different, as well as 3 pins vs 4 pins. Soul says they may develop a similar solution at some point.
Thanks for the update. Any clue if the TGT and the Turbo have the same valves?

I am asking since I am considering to have them on my Turbo once Soul develop the ones for TGT. Thanks
Old 06-27-2023, 11:18 AM
Lucid Moment
Racer

Originally Posted by Turrrbo
Thanks for the update. Any clue if the TGT and the Turbo have the same valves?

I am asking since I am considering to have them on my Turbo once Soul develop the ones for TGT. Thanks
I would assume yes. Cargraphic has a valve controller listed for the Cayenne, which is the same part number for the 992 GT3. I am waiting on a response to clarify wether or not this will fit a TGT/Turbo/GTS since Soul did not.

The Soul valve delete only has one function, to keep the valves open. The Cargraphic controller allows open and close on demand, as well as retained stock function. This in my opinion is a better option, particularly if you have a louder setup.

Will update once I hear back.
Old 06-27-2023, 12:17 PM
Turrrbo
Instructor

I would assume yes. Cargraphic has a valve controller listed for the Cayenne, which is the same part number for the 992 GT3. I am waiting on a response to clarify wether or not this will fit a TGT/Turbo/GTS since Soul did not.

The Soul valve delete only has one function, to keep the valves open. The Cargraphic controller allows open and close on demand, as well as retained stock function. This in my opinion is a better option, particularly if you have a louder setup.

Will update once I hear back.
I agree Cargraphic product will be more convenient.

appreciating your efforts and looking forward for the update
Old 07-22-2023, 01:13 AM
Lucid Moment
Racer

Update on the Cargraphic valve controller.

Works great, sound vastly improved in the lower rpm range. Driven about 50mi, checked for codes, nothing, so it works as it should. Will continue to drive around and assess the need for high flow cats.

Install took about 10 min, mainly to find a good spot to store the box, in addition to keep wiring out of the way of exhaust pipes.
The following 4 users liked this post by Lucid Moment:
osama204 (03-14-2024), thigos (05-21-2024), Turrrbo (07-22-2023), user1029 (07-22-2023)
Old 07-22-2023, 07:57 AM
Turrrbo
Instructor

Update on the Cargraphic valve controller.

Works great, sound vastly improved in the lower rpm range. Driven about 50mi, checked for codes, nothing, so it works as it should. Will continue to drive around and assess the need for high flow cats.

Install took about 10 min, mainly to find a good spot to store the box, in addition to keep wiring out of the way of exhaust pipes.
Oh nice!!! I was looking for this thread yesterday to ask you if you had the chance to test it yet since I will order it on Monday for my Cayenne Turbo.

I am basically looking to improve the sound in comfort mode during daily drives since the exhaust sounds horrible in comfort mode even when the PSE is turned on.

Any pictures of the wiring and the spot where you attached the device would be helpful as I am looking to install it myself and Cargraphic installation guide for the Cayenne doesn’t come with pictures like the 911 guide.

Thank you!
Old 07-23-2023, 05:26 AM
GT3ZZZ
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts

Had this update from Jonny yesterday:

We will have our production spec Downpipes ready to go in around 2 weeks

Catted version is my personal recommendation. We run a plug in obd error delete to avoid engine light due to deleting the factory OPF

Price is £4695+vat for the catted Inconel Downpipes which feature full heatshielding as standard

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask

Regards

Jonny
Old 07-23-2023, 10:55 PM
Lucid Moment
Racer

Yes received that update as well. I'm not sure the US TGT's have OPF, so may not be needed to run the plug.

Quick Reply: Turbo GT Exhaust