Sponsored By:

2024 V8 & Hybrid Engine "Soundtrack"

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts
Default 2024 V8 & Hybrid Engine "Soundtrack"

Here's a nice, long review from a Romanian YouTuber focusing on the driving and sounds of the new Porsche Cayenne set in the beautiful Austrian countryside. Thought I'd post the link for those who are curious about the driving experience (albeit vicarious) rather than the same usual time filler bs. To help out, I've noted some key moments related to engine sound. Unfortunately, I don't understand the language except for a few occasional obvious English terms thrown in. I wish someone would subtitle the whole thing . From mostly visual clues, I could tell the following. First car (blue) is the "S" model with V8 (obviously) as well as the sport exhaust option turned on. The second car (white) is the hybrid, but I wasn't able to tell if it had sport exhaust or not. Now, almost all the audio is from inside, so there is the question of how much is artificial. Regardless, it sounded like a ton of fun as a driver. Also noted that he had the driver's window down with the V8, but closed with the Hybrid, so keep that in mind. I appreciated that he was driving mostly in manual mode, which is rare to see in length in a review. I was especially amazed by the soundtrack on the hybrid above 5k rpm (whether real or not from inside) as it reminded me of a late normally aspirated Boxster six. I heard the driver utter the word "melodious".

2:00 --- Starts to zip the "S" up the mountain road.
10:00 --- Switches to the Hybrid
14:50 --- Short preview of a high-rev
19:00 --- Short revving on mountain road
21:00 --- Start of POV driving without flying off the mountain road LoL

Last edited by Fahrfun; 05-19-2023 at 09:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mike2000 (05-20-2023)
Old 05-19-2023, 05:00 PM
T16ole
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Fahrfun
Here's a nice, long review from a Romanian (?) YouTuber focusing on the driving and sounds of the new Porsche Cayenne set in the beautiful Austrian countryside. Thought I'd post the link for those who are curious about the driving experience (albeit vicarious) rather than the usual review bs and nitpicking about everything else that ultimately doesn't matter in the focused driving experience. To help out, I've noted some key moments related to engine sound. Unfortunately, I don't understand the language except for a few occasional obvious English terms thrown in. I wish someone would subtitle the whole thing . From mostly visual clues, I could tell the following. First car (blue) is the "S" model with V8 (obviously) as well as the sport exhaust option turned on. The second car (white) is the hybrid, but I wasn't able to tell if it had sport exhaust or not. Now, almost all the audio is from inside, so there is the question of how much is artificial. Regardless, it sounded like a ton of fun as a driver. Also noted that he had the driver's window down with the V8, but closed with the Hybrid, so keep that in mind. I appreciated that he was driving mostly in manual mode, which is a bonus and something I rarely get to see in length in a review, especially from the brown-noser reviewers who are just there to get their clicks and perks from the manufacturer. I even forgave him for some of his amateurish, ill-timed shifts LoL. I was especially amazed by the soundtrack on the hybrid above 5k rpm (whether real or not from inside) as it reminded me of a late normally aspirated Boxster six. I heard the driver utter the word "melodious". So rewarding in a hybrid compared to any others on the market that are simply appliances in my book. I think you hybrid SUV buyers out there will love it! Here are some key moments, and if anyone can translate some worthy observations by the review, please share with us!

2:00 --- Starts to zip the "S" up the mountain road.
10:00 --- Switches to the Hybrid
14:50 --- Short preview of a high-rev
19:00 --- Short revving on mountain road
21:00 --- Start of POV driving without flying off the mountain road LoL

https://youtu.be/JZNrERLp15s?t=120
If you didn’t already know, YouTube with auto translate the sub titles.
The following users liked this post:
Fahrfun (05-19-2023)
Old 05-20-2023, 03:14 PM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

Update regarding the engine sound on the white Hybrid they drove and whether or not it had the sport exhaust option. The reviewers replied to my question with the following answer:

Quick Reply: 2024 V8 & Hybrid Engine "Soundtrack"