Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Turbo GT Purpose

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 11:04 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,683 Likes on 935 Posts

I hate SUVs religiously. Why would I want to have more than one big car with high center of gravity that feels like a boat (compared to a 911 or an M5)? lol. I actually dislike the "floating over the road" feeling that many love these days. It feels like I am going to fall out of the high driving SUV.
Old 05-17-2023, 11:17 AM
Lucid Moment
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

You hate suv's religiously, but you'd absolutely consider a TGT if 5 seats and tow hook? Seems contradicting. For me the TGT handles more like a sports car, sharp handling in corners, minimal body roll, suspension not too stiff.
Old 05-17-2023, 12:09 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,683 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucid Moment
You hate suv's religiously, but you'd absolutely consider a TGT if 5 seats and tow hook? Seems contradicting. For me the TGT handles more like a sports car, sharp handling in corners, minimal body roll, suspension not too stiff.
Nothing contradicting, SUV is a necessity. As a family, we drive a lot. We are at 23,000 miles on our cayenne gts thats 10 months old and we are about to go for a 2,000 mile trip next week. By getting a turbo or TGT, I would be “minimizing” things that annoy me about SUVs. If you spend that much time in a car, and the time you spend isnt that good, why not try to improve your experience? I wish M5 had a tow hook and could carry 3 bikes or could seat 3 adults comfortably. I much prefer sport sedans. Anyhow, i think its short sided thinking on porsche to not offer tow hook.
Old 05-17-2023, 02:28 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 254 Posts

Errr…based on the threads of pictures of garages everyone has multiple cars?

the TGT to me is the perfect sports sedan just raised up…I ordered a raptor to do all that other stuff..
Old 05-17-2023, 07:30 PM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
I had two mandates I had to follow (per wife) : carry a bike rack big enough for 3 big bikes (so roof is no go) and be able to seat 3 people in the back. I cant do either of them with TGT. I really dislike my GTS in terms of transmission programming and power and have my eye on a Turbo (if they ever make one) but if TGT was offered in 5 seater + tow hook, I actually would absolutely consider it. I am not considering the turbo s hybrid due to its weight and check engine light woes.
Maybe grab a 23 Turbo.
Old 05-17-2023, 07:36 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by lazyace
After 6,500 miles in a ‘22 TGT, I agree that it’s a fantastic DD. In fact, as a Ferrari collector, I’ve found myself thrilled to jump in the TGT, because it handles better than some cars I own. It’s even really good with snow tires in the winter.

I’ve been enamored enough that I ordered a ‘24 that is almost done being built. Not sure what this means in the grand scheme of things, but I just traded my ‘22 TGT in when my Cayenne hybrid showed up last week. I felt that $190K was a fair number after a year of ownership and 6,500 miles.

Obviously, it’s not the biggest SUV on the market and can’t be used for towing. But, if you don’t need those things, the TGT is a great choice.
IMHO , the TGT is the pinnacle. Curious as to why you replaced that with a Hybrid ?
Old 05-18-2023, 04:27 PM
lazyace
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
what made you jump into the 24? I can’t decide if the suspension upgrade is worth it, the downgrades are the dash and gear lever..
Honestly, I like to switch vehicles when new versions come out. The slightly more aggressive styling and the updated interior are also appealing.

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
IMHO , the TGT is the pinnacle. Curious as to why you replaced that with a Hybrid ?
Perhaps my comment was a bit confusing. I have a '24 TGT that is on order and scheduled to finish production next week. The hybrid is just an extra vehicle, so I elected to let my '22 TGT go when it arrived. Plus, the dealer had a buyer for my '22 TGT, which brought me a little better trade value. As I've mentioned here before, I have two G63's that are constantly in need of service, so having a built-in courtesy vehicle has been part of the tuition. My wife loves the G63's, but I can't stand them. When the Purosangue arrives early next year, one or both of the G63's will depart. Cayenne's are built so much better and there's just no drama compared to the G63.
The following 2 users liked this post by lazyace:
raymort (06-07-2023), user1029 (05-18-2023)

Quick Reply: Turbo GT Purpose