Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2024 Cayenne Interior Revealed - Official Press Release

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2023, 06:34 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 142 Posts

I don't know...I'll have to see it in person to appreciate it, I suppose.

It's no secret that Porsche has been lagging in the technology department for years, and this pushes it up towards the top quartile at least. I just don't want the gauges "cheapened" by some gizmo screen. I know they took a lot of time on this, as the Cayenne is their bread and butter, so I know it will be better in person. And, I like that blue, as I am so tired of the grays, whites and blacks. Don't get me started on the complete rip off PTS program. I have seen the assembly line go from one color to the next without missing a beat. I'll wait and see, but want the GTS model, no interest in the minivan sound of the stock or S.
Old 03-30-2023, 06:39 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
I don't know...I'll have to see it in person to appreciate it, I suppose.

It's no secret that Porsche has been lagging in the technology department for years, and this pushes it up towards the top quartile at least. I just don't want the gauges "cheapened" by some gizmo screen. I know they took a lot of time on this, as the Cayenne is their bread and butter, so I know it will be better in person. And, I like that blue, as I am so tired of the grays, whites and blacks. Don't get me started on the complete rip off PTS program. I have seen the assembly line go from one color to the next without missing a beat. I'll wait and see, but want the GTS model, no interest in the minivan sound of the stock or S.
The new S is using the V8. I'm sure it'll sound similar to the current GTS optioned with the PSE.
Old 03-30-2023, 07:29 PM
rj2014
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Shuga
The new S is using the V8. I'm sure it'll sound similar to the current GTS optioned with the PSE.
GTS usually gets a unique exhaust note compared to the rest of the lineup. Cayenne GTS sounds better than Turbo with PSE for instance and they use the same engine.
Old 03-30-2023, 08:31 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,045 Likes on 559 Posts

I am not a tech guy but I think it is about time PAG gets with the time as far as user interface is concerned. They have been lagging for a long time.

I for one do like this change for a family hauler.

For the sports car, I am keeping my manual 718 with good old fashioned analog gauges and real buttons.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:12 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 142 Posts

Fact!

I have a Turbo, my brother in-law has the GTS, and there is NOOOOO comparison. None. It is a completely different system, and boy does it show (sound).

Originally Posted by rj2014
GTS usually gets a unique exhaust note compared to the rest of the lineup. Cayenne GTS sounds better than Turbo with PSE for instance and they use the same engine.
The following users liked this post:
rj2014 (03-30-2023)
Old 03-31-2023, 12:13 AM
David0413
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

Wish they kept the turn key to start and left the shifter in the middle. But it's not a deal breaker as I'm sure most people will not care that much after a while. The all digital dash is conflicting me since while I do love the analog tach, all digital does give more flexibility in display options and the screen itself is definitely higher resolution than last gen
Old 03-31-2023, 06:22 AM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
Fact!

I have a Turbo, my brother in-law has the GTS, and there is NOOOOO comparison. None. It is a completely different system, and boy does it show (sound).
Not happy to hear as I have a Turbo incoming with sport exhaust. I assume your turbo has sport exhaust? If so are you happy with it?
Old 03-31-2023, 06:35 AM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 239 Posts

If Porsche is behind on technology, I prefer that. Friend ordered a BMW x1 for his wife. No buttons, all options are selected from screen. Seat heating etc buried in sub-menus according to him. Supposedly voice activation will make it simple. Right.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (03-31-2023)
Old 03-31-2023, 10:14 AM
mm84
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer just called me and told me that the delivery of the new cayennes would all be 28 of July. He couldn’t tell me whether they would leave Germany at this date or arrive at the dealership. My plans to go on roadtrip in the summer become a risk
Old 03-31-2023, 10:20 AM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by mm84
My plans to go on roadtrip in the summer become a risk
???
Old 03-31-2023, 10:22 AM
mm84
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR82XS
???
☺️ Was planning to take the new cayenne for a spin across France and Spain with the kids during the summer.
Old 03-31-2023, 10:24 AM
rajatparihar
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

☺️ Was planning to take the new cayenne for a spin across France and Spain with the kids during the summer.
If in doubt get a MY23 and go on a trip, don't skip the trip otherwise your partner and kids won't be happy . hahaha
Old 03-31-2023, 10:32 AM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 62 Posts

My dealer just called me and told me that the delivery of the new cayennes would all be 28 of July. He couldn’t tell me whether they would leave Germany at this date or arrive at the dealership. My plans to go on roadtrip in the summer become a risk
I am fairly certain it will be July 18. My car will be finished in April and in US port by June. Track my Dream shows a port release on July 17 and at dealer July 18. This hasn't changed in 30 days.
Old 03-31-2023, 10:55 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,622 Likes on 1,630 Posts

For those of you capitulating about functionality being lost to a screen, I would like to offer my experience as perspective. This is my experience, I am not implying that you will feel the same way. But it is my experience.

I've owned THE most button fetsooned cars ever. An '07 MDX and a '14 Cayenne. No one has more buttons than these cars, ESPECIALLY the Acura. See here:

By contrast, I've also owned a Tesla Model 3. Which has precisely two buttons on the steering wheel, and a hazard light switch. And.....that's it.

Software has gotten good enough to where the amount of buttons left in the Cayenne is, to me, just about perfect. Physical temperature switches and fan speed switches, along with Auto button, defrost, and recirc is pretty much all you need. That and a physical volume ****. When the software works, you pretty much just leave everything in Auto all the time and just monkey with audio source and track and that's about it.

So, on the whole, I like this tidying up of the center console. I really don't mind the Taycan shifter as a consequence.

The all digital dashboard....I get the capitulation over that. I do like the physical tack, even though in my Cayenne, it's rarely active since mine is a hybrid.
Old 03-31-2023, 11:06 AM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
I've owned THE most button fetsooned cars ever. An '07 MDX and a '14 Cayenne. No one has more buttons than these cars, ESPECIALLY the Acura. See here:
Aston Martin Lagonda, (older) Toyota President: those have tons of buttons.

Quick Reply: 2024 Cayenne Interior Revealed - Official Press Release