Sponsored By:

Battery + Central Computer Control Unit Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2023 | 06:46 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mclaren911
Hello George,

Sorry to hear about your battery issue. I have fixed a few of these systems now and Porsche is aware of the problems stemming form the LG chem batteries and the surrounding systems. I have not an issue regarding the electronics on the car side but I have had issues with the battery ecu/circuits inside the battery itself. My advice is to be civil and clear about your issues. Many customers have had them and they want to keep customers happy. I did not think the batteries were 3200 btw the last one I bought for a client was a little over 2k. If you want to save some money google "9Y0915107 EM40 P019482" and you will great refurbed cayenne batteries for only 900. (should last 7 years or more) I wish you luck with Porsche NA decision but I can tell you that every respectful case I have seen and been part of ( 12 now) has all been handled correctly and at the dealers expense (passed onto Porsche NA)
I searched and saw those $900 reconditioned batteries, but they only had 1 month warranty, which makes you question how lucky you need to be.

https://mysupercarexpert.com/product...82-refurbished

The following users liked this post:
George718 (06-19-2023)
Old 07-11-2023 | 03:22 PM
George718
Instructor

Hi guys,
Unfortunately Porsche NA just told me they wouldn't be able to cover the cost of the new battery or even part of the cost for that matter.
totally ridiculous on their part.....I had the same yellow warning light go on last September of last year...even though the car was charging properly,,,,and a software update fixed that. Now I get the same warning light in June , 9 months later, car charging 13-13.8 volts and starting no problem and you tell me I need a new $3,240 battery!
That's what I get for buying an early production Cayenne......I'm hoping enough people complain about the battery and they issue a recall
The following users liked this post:
chassis (07-11-2023)

Quick Reply: Battery + Central Computer Control Unit Issue