Sponsored By:

Turbo GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 10:32 AM
djlynch
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Turbo GT

My TGT has arrived at dealer with no Burmester subwoofer. Dealer doesn’t deliver vehicle until it arrives hopefully soon. Is that standard operating procedure ?
it’s cool I’m patient
Old 09-23-2022, 12:15 PM
BTurbo
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

That's SOP these days. Am hearing Bose amps are same way now.
The following users liked this post:
brucewinter (09-24-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 12:21 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,683 Likes on 1,397 Posts

If it is missing the subwoofer, this would be a newly documented issue. Or, if is it missing the amplifier as BTurbo points out, it is a common occurrence.
Old 09-23-2022, 12:53 PM
djlynch
Pro

Originally Posted by Schnave
If it is missing the subwoofer, this would be a newly documented issue. Or, if is it missing the amplifier as BTurbo points out, it is a common occurrence.
it is the amp
Old 09-23-2022, 05:44 PM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Received 524 Likes on 378 Posts

Pretty sure the amp operates all of the sounds/chimes for driver assistance and various warnings such as park assist and that’s why dealers will not deliver without the amp.
Old 09-23-2022, 05:53 PM
djlynch
Pro

Originally Posted by LDT
Pretty sure the amp operates all of the sounds/chimes for driver assistance and various warnings such as park assist and that’s why dealers will not deliver without the amp.
yes pretty important
Old 09-23-2022, 06:43 PM
Mikek2s
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Had same issue with GTS, took a month to get amp. Mike
Old 09-23-2022, 11:03 PM
WhiteCab
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default TGT

I waited a month for my amp.. BUT, I had the car taken to ceramic coat, PPF, Expel, paint shop, … for some personalized changes. So it eased the pain a bit. Also, that kept it off the lot and indoors during wait time.

Changes to a white car with gloss black options:
- Polished the titanium exhaust tips
- Covered CF roof in gloss black Expel
- Removed the CF winglets on roof spoiler
- Replaced roof spoiler sides in gloss black
- Painted in gloss black all (F/S/R) lower trim
- Installed PPF on lower trim
- Had ceramic coating done
- Replaced hood and SW gold crests with silver
- Installed Booth center caps with silver crests
- Installed Gemballa billet pedal set
- Replaced CF mirror shells with gloss black
- Installed Porsche rear mat
- Replaced black key casing with white casing
- Installed t-design9.com stop-start memory
- Installed bumperplugs.com white markers
- Replaced floor mats with BHMA leather mats
- Installed screen protector on condole

Most work done while awaiting amp. Sorta made up for time waiting for the car. Dealer released car to shops I requested. I did not touch the car until amp was installed by dealer.

Last edited by WhiteCab; 09-23-2022 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-24-2022, 08:58 AM
Gwaxman34
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteCab
I waited a month for my amp.. BUT, I had the car taken to ceramic coat, PPF, Expel, paint shop, … for some personalized changes. So it eased the pain a bit. Also, that kept it off the lot and indoors during wait time.

Most work done while awaiting amp. Sorta made up for time waiting for the car. Dealer released car to shops I requested. I did not touch the car until amp was installed by dealer.
pics!
Old 09-24-2022, 09:07 AM
djlynch
Pro

Originally Posted by WhiteCab

great idea I’m asking
Old 09-26-2022, 04:43 AM
readthis13
AutoX

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by djlynch
great idea I’m asking
I’d like pics as well. Here’s some of mine.

The following 4 users liked this post by readthis13:
Charles7970 (10-05-2022), jlee504 (09-26-2022), KahunaCanuck (09-26-2022), Northshore04 (04-15-2023)
Old 09-26-2022, 10:10 AM
BTurbo
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Carrerra white metallic ? Looks super nice. Mine is same color with platinum wheels and no stripe (sitting at dealer waiting on amp). I like the black stripe on white ! Give us some driving impressions, please !
Old 09-26-2022, 05:13 PM
readthis13
AutoX

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

RE Driving impressions - I had a Macan GTS w/ a Cobb tune on it, and I loved it for an all arounder. It just didn't have enough room. I also had a 488 for when I really wanted to play (and track), but just sold it as it wasn't used much. I had driven the Cayenne Turbo S (in addition to most other Cayenne models), and they all felt heavy and like an SUV would feel - more roll than I'd ever want in a vehicle. This is the first one that didn't feel that way. It defies everything you think it should be/do. While I appreciate straight line speed, it's many steps down on my list of what's important to me. Handling is near the top, and this does it incredibly well. I don't know that I'll ever track this thing, but I wouldn't hesitate to. It's the weirdest feeling to be able to take corners at the speeds you shouldn't ever attempt to in a vehicle of this size, and have it handle them like you weren't really trying. Plus, it can haul my family and ski gear.

Most on YouTube seems to do 1/4 mile comparisons, but what's really telling is the track times. I think that's where this thing really shines, even though it shouldn't. So, in summary, it's incredibly capable. It's basically a large race car. And, it does so with more ease that it should.
The following users liked this post:
Ron.s (09-26-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 06:49 PM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Received 524 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by readthis13
RE Driving impressions - I had a Macan GTS w/ a Cobb tune on it, and I loved it for an all arounder. It just didn't have enough room. I also had a 488 for when I really wanted to play (and track), but just sold it as it wasn't used much. I had driven the Cayenne Turbo S (in addition to most other Cayenne models), and they all felt heavy and like an SUV would feel - more roll than I'd ever want in a vehicle. This is the first one that didn't feel that way. It defies everything you think it should be/do. While I appreciate straight line speed, it's many steps down on my list of what's important to me. Handling is near the top, and this does it incredibly well. I don't know that I'll ever track this thing, but I wouldn't hesitate to. It's the weirdest feeling to be able to take corners at the speeds you shouldn't ever attempt to in a vehicle of this size, and have it handle them like you weren't really trying. Plus, it can haul my family and ski gear.

Most on YouTube seems to do 1/4 mile comparisons, but what's really telling is the track times. I think that's where this thing really shines, even though it shouldn't. So, in summary, it's incredibly capable. It's basically a large race car. And, it does so with more ease that it should.
Back in the day.........I was a guest of my Ohio dealer at Mid-Ohio. After classroom instruction I drove a Cayman S, Carrera S and a Cayenne Turbo on the track. BY FAR, the most impressive vehicle was the Cayenne Turbo circa 2010. Couldn't believe it could be driven through the corners the way I drove it.

Last edited by LDT; 09-26-2022 at 06:50 PM. Reason: correction
Old 09-26-2022, 07:45 PM
KahunaCanuck
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by readthis13

I am in agreement, it's the handling that really makes me luv this thing...I actually took it out after break in on the track for a couple of sessions! While you know it isn't a GT3, it is damned impressive...without a lot of laps I was within 10 seconds of my best Turbo S time and 12 seconds off my GT3 time. I won't likely do this too often, but it is a hoot to be able to take 3 others out on the track with you!

Quick Reply: Turbo GT