Sponsored By:

PCM Apps & Services

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 02:40 PM
Vapordan
Racer

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts
Default PCM Apps & Services

It seems that other users are seeing a bunch of other apps in their PCM, which I don’t see. So for example, Napster, Tidal, Apple Music etc. I only see two apps - Calendar and Amazon Music.
Question: How do these other apps show up on the PCM services page. I have subscriptions for the other apps and they don’t show up. The Jokers are Porsche said it should just automatically work. Well it dont! Why take the paycheck if you don’t want to do the job?

2nd problem (since I got more help here that waiting on these jokers)
Clicking on Amazon Music in the app results in a login error “Login currently not possible. Please try again later”. In the PCM, similar type error. Is there a way to get passed this error? It does not allow me to enter credentials in the PCM (or I don’t see where).

Some Fixes
As an FYI, for the longest while Calendar app was not working. Dealer could not fix. Jokers had no clue.
What ended up working for me was to disable the PCM phone (actually stated in the manual). It shows an initial lock icon for the SIM (I use my phone as the hotspot) and then bob’s my uncle.

I also had a sync issue. The fix for that ended up being going into Apple Calendar phone settings and ensuring that the right account was selected & syncing was turned on. As the options are many, as they change, the PCM reflects the changes in real time so it is easy to figure out what needs to be turned on etc.

2020 Cayenne S Coupe

Only two apps, Apple Music is registered and doesn’t show

Error message
Old 09-20-2022, 04:50 PM
cwazyeurodrivr
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

Mine is working fine... it's up for renewals next month, but working fine
Old 10-11-2022, 02:57 PM
Vapordan
Racer

Still have not been able to fix this. Tried a bunch of different things but zero luck.
1. Opened two support tickets with Porsche. They never got back to. Anyway, that was just for completeness, I never expected success there.
2. Opened a support ticket with Apple (from the iPhone end). No joy.
3. Opened Amazon support ticket. It’s not their app, just branding. No joy.

i believe the issue is with porsche’s end of things on the external authenticate call. Fresh out of ideas. Maybe I’ll attach a debugger to it when I get some down time.
Old 10-21-2022, 12:59 PM
Vapordan
Racer

Heard back from Porsche finally, things seemed to be moving.

Dear Mr. xxxx,
I am contacting you in regards to the ticket 8000010635 created on your behalf pertaining to Amazon music not functioning in your vehicle's PCM.
I have forwarded your photo to the app development team and I am hoping to hear back from them in the next week.
Thank you for your continued patience with us.

woot!

Last edited by Vapordan; 10-21-2022 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Format
Old 10-21-2022, 03:37 PM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Received 560 Likes on 344 Posts

Is it necessary to go into the CarPlay app on your iPhone to enable which streaming apps show on your Cayenne's CarPlay screen? I'm not very familiar with iPhone except when my wife asks for help with hers but I have to go into the Android Auto app on my Samsung phone to tell it which streaming apps to display on the Cayenne's Android Auto screen.

I never thought about it since I stopped using Amazon Music several years ago but it has not been showing on the Cayenne's Android Auto screen. After I updated the Amazon Music app to the current version on my Android phone, then Amazon Music was available to enable on my Samsung phones Android Auto screen and then it showed up on my Cayenne's Android Auto screen in the PCM. The first time I used Amazon Music from my Cayenne's Android Auto screen, there was no volume but that fixed itself after I restarted the Amazon Music app on my Samsung phone.

At least that is how it works on Android Auto which may have nothing to do with how it works on Apple CarPlay. Just trying to help.
Old 10-21-2022, 03:49 PM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

I have the same problems. Please post when/if you figure it out. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2022, 04:08 PM
Vapordan
Racer

Display in PCM must be enabled for the installed eligible apps. You can find that from My Porsche, Details, Functions, PCM Services. Click on the app.
Thing is, I only have 2 apps showing even though there are more eligible apps on my iPhone. That’s part of the problem I’m hoping to have fixed.
Old 11-29-2022, 11:43 AM
Vapordan
Racer

Updating thread for Calendar sync issue.

My calendar was showing events on invalid dates like Mother’s day showing up everyday in May.
Heard back from Porsche. They say that phone hotspot does not have enough bandwidth to properly support calendar sync. They want me to go back to using a car SIM.
willing to give it a shot to see if that changes anything. I do have a spare SIM that I can pop in.
Old 11-29-2022, 04:36 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,623 Posts

Originally Posted by Vapordan
Updating thread for Calendar sync issue.

My calendar was showing events on invalid dates like Mother’s day showing up everyday in May.
Heard back from Porsche. They say that phone hotspot does not have enough bandwidth to properly support calendar sync. They want me to go back to using a car SIM.
willing to give it a shot to see if that changes anything. I do have a spare SIM that I can pop in.
Where are you located? Also....not enough bandwidth to sync a calendar? WTF?!? LOL.
Old 01-08-2023, 12:07 AM
Vapordan
Racer

I am in Canada.

Another update on this.
[TechSupport] is the SIM you inserted in your Cayenne for data only? If it is now we recommend purchasing a full size SIM for data only along with a hotspot for the SIM. both of these options will allow for your Cayenne to share the data connection of the SIM to your phone allowing for a consistent connection.
Provided the pics to support to show that nothing changed and I have full-sized data only SIMs along with my response:

The manual does not require a data only SIM. It requires a SIM with data package. The trouble-shooting steps on that same page does not require a data only SIM either … In any case, I do have a data-only SIM purchased specifically for the car. In fact I have 2 of those SIMs and the calendar app is still not working.

My thoughts are that you are looking in the wrong place. This isn’t a data transfer issue. It isn’t the SIM that is the problem because I don’t have missing or truncated data in the calendar. This is a data quality issue. The data that arrives to the car is assigned to the wrong days in the PCM app. Something is wrong in your calendar app in the PCM. It isn’t the telecom pipe that is the issue. Anyway, it seems like you do not have any further ideas to help me sort this out.

I should have added that I know what I am talking about but I did not want to come off as showy. My background is software development and I worked for telecoms on LTE and 5G. I have no hope for a fix on this. But I’m keeping the case open for grins.

Old 03-31-2023, 03:17 PM
Vapordan
Racer

Update from Porsche…

As we discussed I have received confirmation that Amazon music is now functioning correctly in vehicles because of the recent My Porsche app update.

i have not had a chance to confirm.
Old 03-31-2023, 04:07 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,656 Likes on 1,386 Posts

Originally Posted by Vapordan
Update from Porsche…

As we discussed I have received confirmation that Amazon music is now functioning correctly in vehicles because of the recent My Porsche app update.

i have not had a chance to confirm.
Woo-Hoo! CONFIRMED! Thank you Vapordan; I saw your post and checked it out. You have to grant authorization for Porsche to access Amazon Music, screenshot below. After that, it popped up in my apps list and also my source page. It took a couple minutes to populate the icons and playlists. Works like a champ!

The following 2 users liked this post by Schnave:
LDT (03-31-2023), Vapordan (03-31-2023)
Old 03-31-2023, 05:22 PM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Received 522 Likes on 377 Posts

Worked for me too. Thanks for the heads up.

Quick Reply: PCM Apps & Services