Sponsored By:

Turbo to Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 11:43 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Turbo to Turbo S

I received one of the early 2019 Turbos in December 2018. I've very much enjoyed it for the past 3.5 years. Effortlessly fast, sounds great and comfortable. I had to have a dash cover replaced due to warping and a thermostat failed but otherwise the CT was great.

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...pressions.html

I was recently given the opportunity to trade my Turbo in for a Turbo S, spec'd pretty close to how I would have done it. The Turbo S had a few things that I didn't have in my 2019 (ACC and Innodrive, heads up display, heated and insulated glass) and of course more power and a hybrid powertrain. It didn't have RWS, which I had in the 2019. So far, I'm enjoying the new Cayenne. During the week I encounter a lot of traffic and have been getting 25-28 mpg since I'm often engaging only the electric motor. For comparison, I was getting 13-14 mpg with the 2019 Cayenne. The power delivery is much more linear than my 2019 even though you have to get used to the disconnect between the sounds you hear and the thrust you experience. So far I haven't noticed the lack of RWS. Aesthetically, I would have preferred the acid green calipers but the dealership spec'd this with black PCCB calipers - not a big deal but if I had ordered it, they would have been green or yellow).

The heads up display is nice, and PCM 6.0 is mostly better than PCM 5. I'm really happy to have wireless CarPlay. I have encountered a few annoying software things - every time I start the car, I get a "Activation was completed" message, and the car doesn't remember my audio settings and my personal speed limits (randomly changes them to different speeds). The electronics guy at the dealership says that there is a software update that will fix all of these but if anyone has a solution, please let me know. My experience was that PCM 5 was really buggy for about 9 months but then was updated and became very stable so I am hoping that this will also be the case for PCM 6 (or 6.1 if this is the upgrade that is coming). The build date on my Cayenne was 1/22, and it does have Burmester (and amp) and an electrically adjustable steering wheel.

The dealership also had a Cayenne GT - the ADM was $75K so it was out of consideration for me.

All in all, I'm really happy with the change/upgrade. Pics of the Turbo (white) and the Turbo S (black).

Turbo

Turbo S

Turbo S

Last edited by WCH BOS; 06-01-2022 at 11:50 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by WCH BOS:
ArcticFox (06-02-2022), armanslr (06-02-2022), bobblehead (06-02-2022), Fattony001 (06-04-2022)
Old 06-02-2022, 11:20 AM
abokor
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts

Well done. Looks great.

I have the same PCM issues as you - activation message and the start up audio settings are a mystery to me. I have no idea what I'll get each time I start the car. I'm on the latest software.

I'm sure you're loving the hybrid. Cost me $135 to fill 3/4 of a tank yesterday. 12mpg - ouch!
Old 06-02-2022, 01:11 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 122 Posts

Congrats, the interior looks great. 75K ADM on the Turbo GT is insane!
Old 06-02-2022, 07:23 PM
KOTB
Banned

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by abokor
Well done. Looks great.

I have the same PCM issues as you - activation message and the start up audio settings are a mystery to me. I have no idea what I'll get each time I start the car. I'm on the latest software.

I'm sure you're loving the hybrid. Cost me $135 to fill 3/4 of a tank yesterday. 12mpg - ouch!

my turbo averages 20-22 combined city and highway drive- why are you guys getting 12 mpg? That’s like RAM TRX territory

also, dealers are annoying, they had the GT allocations available for MRRP and we’re begging to sell one and now that the cars are staring to come they tag a $75K as ADM- that is a high degree of stupidity
Old 06-02-2022, 08:32 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the comments.

My mileage is on the low side because I live in the city. When I am out in the 'burbs on the weekend, I used to get 22ish mpg. I suspect that the Turbo S will do worse on the weekends because the V8 will be running more often.

The GT is still in the showroom. If they had been willing to sell at MSRP, I'd have that in my garage.
Old 06-03-2022, 08:33 AM
mjamesp13
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats WCH, we share the same dealer! I saw your Turbo S in the showroom - VERY nice well optioned vehicle. I have been asking this dealer for a TGT allocation and quickly realized it was unlikely given their ADM on that one in their showroom.
The following users liked this post:
WCH BOS (06-03-2022)

Quick Reply: Turbo to Turbo S