Sponsored By:

GTS build advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 05:16 PM
mwilliams
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy GTS build advice

HI guys, I just got an allocation for a GTS to be delivered in May. I initially was going for an S with mainly creature comfort options + air suspension.... but after it was all said and done it was roughly 10k less than a similarly equipped GTS. I have a few questions for you guys since there is no used car inventory in Chicago to get real-world experience:

1) I'm coming from a full-size Range rover so I'm happy to get back into something less boat-like (I had a turbo Macan and a 2013 cayenne S with air suspension- loved both but macan was just too small). But now I'm worried the GTS may be too rough since it's the "sportiest" even with PASM. Thoughts?
2) I cannot decide between quartzite with comfort leather mojave/ black interior or chalk and chalk/ graphite interior. Chalk is an awesome color and very unique in the midwest, but it's also $3100- for paint- shame on your Porsche. I frequently park my car on the street, will chalk or the metallics fare better against the elements/ frequent washings?
3) Does anyone know anything about the remote park control? I have a tight garage so this would be awesome! I have seen 1 Taycan video and it seems to work, but it was a very short video.
4) Am I shooting myself in the foot not getting roof rails? I never use them- just considering resale. again- city car...

love to hear your thoughts and pictures!
Old 01-06-2022, 12:38 PM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 690 Likes on 452 Posts

1) It's a great ride when PASM is in standard/comfort. Made a trip to PEC ATL from S. FL last year and it was supremely comfortable.
2) Go for chalk. It's very nice and not too common. (I have red interior which is great but chalk/graphite interior is awesome)
3) No. I would never use that feature anyway.
4) No. Roof rails I wouldn't use either and take away from the exterior aesthetics.

I LOVE the GTS and wouldn't want any other SUV expect maybe Urus - but it's double the $ and not a Porsche.

Old 01-06-2022, 01:00 PM
mwilliams
Cruisin'

thank you for the photo and the advice. Love your car. I always like seeing the red in photos
how do you like the sport seats over the comfort seats? comfort speaking? The look is so awesome of the sport hands down
Old 01-06-2022, 01:21 PM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mwilliams
thank you for the photo and the advice. Love your car. I always like seeing the red in photos
how do you like the sport seats over the comfort seats? comfort speaking? The look is so awesome of the sport hands down
Welcome. The 18-way seats are glorious. Comfortable yet bolsters stiff enough to hold you in fast turns. And yes, crests on headrests front and rear. (must have)
Old 01-06-2022, 03:23 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 704 Likes on 492 Posts

I really like my GTS. I had to get used to the exhaust rumble at start off, but other than that, great handling and great ride. I'd have added PDCC and maybe RWS though (I bought out of dealer inventory so no choice on options). My unit has black roof rails (Dolomite Silver) and while I'll probably never use them, I think they look good and can't be added later so I'm happy they are part of the option list.
Old 01-06-2022, 03:28 PM
Mojobaggins
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm waiting for the 2023 GTS facelift but am definitely going quartzite grey after watching this review. I also plan to get the roof rails. I have three dogs that will be taking up the back and plan to put Thule roof rails and a cargo box on top when I commute between my two houses. I also plan to have PPF applied and ceramic pro coating to protect the paint and make washing the car easy while never having to wax it. I also plan to get the massage seats.

Old 01-06-2022, 03:47 PM
mwilliams
Cruisin'

I saw that video, looks super aggressive in that color.

With the market now you can buy new now and trade it in next year for the same you paid if not more. the dealers at both range rover and porsche confirmed this has been happening since the chip shortage, and expect it to last well into 2023. Also, it is silly to buy a poorly optioned 2-year old GTS or TURBO that is 5k less than a highly optioned new GTS. for once cars are somewhat of an asset!
Old 01-06-2022, 03:48 PM
mwilliams
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by kayjh
I really like my GTS. I had to get used to the exhaust rumble at start off, but other than that, great handling and great ride. I'd have added PDCC and maybe RWS though (I bought out of dealer inventory so no choice on options). My unit has black roof rails (Dolomite Silver) and while I'll probably never use them, I think they look good and can't be added later so I'm happy they are part of the option list.

thanks for that info!
Old 01-06-2022, 03:48 PM
mwilliams
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Welcome. The 18-way seats are glorious. Comfortable yet bolsters stiff enough to hold you in fast turns. And yes, crests on headrests front and rear. (must have)

Love it! thanks!
Old 01-06-2022, 04:03 PM
Mojobaggins
Intermediate

I saw that video, looks super aggressive in that color.

With the market now you can buy new now and trade it in next year for the same you paid if not more. the dealers at both range rover and porsche confirmed this has been happening since the chip shortage, and expect it to last well into 2023. Also, it is silly to buy a poorly optioned 2-year old GTS or TURBO that is 5k less than a highly optioned new GTS. for once cars are somewhat of an asset!
I was actually planning to do that and the dealer had an allocation back in Oct for a January delivery but they wanted $10k over MSRP which kind of pissed me off. They originally wanted $15k over asking and I told them if you give it to me at MSRP, I'll buy it right now but they would only go down to $10k over MSRP. And they weren't going to give me as much for my BMW as the BMW dealer that they are attacked to. Probably should have done it still.
Old 01-06-2022, 04:08 PM
mwilliams
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Mojobaggins
I was actually planning to do that and the dealer had an allocation back in Oct for a January delivery but they wanted $10k over MSRP which kind of pissed me off. They originally wanted $15k over asking and I told them if you give it to me at MSRP, I'll buy it right now but they would only go down to $10k over MSRP. And they weren't going to give me as much for my BMW as the BMW dealer that they are attacked to. Probably should have done it still.

no you were smart not to. Just wait till things die down. I got mine at MSRP. Rover wanted 10k over MSRP for in state and 30k for out of state orders but not delivering until.......JUNE....2023!! yes you'll get your 2022 in 2023. Porsche dealers in Illinois are only charging MSRP for in-state orders, might be 10k over for out of state. He did tell me he only had 4 allocations for a GTS in the last year, so that helps on the demand front...later down the line I think. well I hope
Old 01-06-2022, 04:20 PM
Mojobaggins
Intermediate

no you were smart not to. Just wait till things die down. I got mine at MSRP. Rover wanted 10k over MSRP for in state and 30k for out of state orders but not delivering until.......JUNE....2023!! yes you'll get your 2022 in 2023. Porsche dealers in Illinois are only charging MSRP for in-state orders, might be 10k over for out of state. He did tell me he only had 4 allocations for a GTS in the last year, so that helps on the demand front...later down the line I think. well I hope
Yeah, I'm hoping this price gauging ends later this year. And yeah, they told me that they don't get many GTS allocations. I did in a FB group got contacted by the Mobile, AL dealership and they would charge MSRP but they would charge me $1.5k for shipping. I'd like to be able to trade in my BMW to reduce the cost and sales tax so I declined their allocation.

fwiw, here is my build - http://www.porsche-code.com/PN4CVVU0
Old 01-06-2022, 05:05 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Mojobaggins
I'm waiting for the 2023 GTS facelift
I was not aware that the GTS will get a facelift in 2023. How do you know that and do you have any additional details? I am about to pull the trigger on a 22 GTS and would like to make sure I have done my homework.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:18 PM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shandingo
I was not aware that the GTS will get a facelift in 2023. How do you know that and do you have any additional details? I am about to pull the trigger on a 22 GTS and would like to make sure I have done my homework.
Not slated for 23. Electric Cayenne scheduled for 24MY.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:25 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

Yeah, I just did a google search for 2023 Cayenne and it does seem that there are spy photos showing a facelift, but I am not sure I like the look of the tester mule as much as the 22 car. I think I will stick with the 22, since it doesn't seem like any performance changes are expected either. Still can't decide on the color. I am thinking Dolomite Silver, but not sure because I haven't seen it in person and I don't want a very bluish silver. Seems like Dolomite is less blue than Rhodium, which I do not really like very much, but Dolomite may still be more blue than GT silver, which I love. I am just wonder whether Dolomite would look ok with red brake calipers. If not, I could order the black calipers, but a silver car with red calipers can look very nice if the silver doesn't have too much blue in it.

Separately, does anyone know whether there is a way to get the surface coated steel brakes on a GTS? It doesn't seem to be an option on the configurator.

Quick Reply: GTS build advice