Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The turbo GT allocations are available- have you pulled the trigger yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2022 | 10:34 AM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Terrible news. Thankfully the crew are all safe. I feel bad for anyone whose vehicle was on that vessel. My SA just reached out and luckily mine is still waiting at the port to be assigned to a vessel.

This is only going to make the supply chain even worse.

Last edited by armanslr; 02-17-2022 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-17-2022 | 02:50 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by armanslr
Terrible news. Thankfully the crew are all safe. I feel bad for anyone whose vehicle was on that vessel. My SA just reached out and luckily mine is still waiting at the port to be assigned to a vessel..
There is a car carrier ship on it's way to Emden called Green Ridge that is likely to take both of our GT's to San Diego. It hasn't made much movement during the last day, moving at a very slow speed. I suspect that there's currently no room for them at the port, but this should clear up hopefully soon. This ship was scheduled to be in Emden 2 days ago. The original schedule had it arriving in San Diego on March 8.
Old 02-17-2022 | 03:02 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by philg3
There is a car carrier ship on it's way to Emden called Green Ridge that is likely to take both of our GT's to San Diego. It hasn't made much movement during the last day, moving at a very slow speed. I suspect that there's currently no room for them at the port, but this should clear up hopefully soon. This ship was scheduled to be in Emden 2 days ago. The original schedule had it arriving in San Diego on March 8.
My car is getting delivered to a Porsche dealer in NC, so I'm probably on another ship but this fire is probably going to cause a backlog of delays.
Old 02-17-2022 | 03:26 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by armanslr
My car is getting delivered to a Porsche dealer in NC, so I'm probably on another ship but this fire is probably going to cause a backlog of delays.
I saw you profile as Southern CA, same as mine. Wish you the best on your delivery.
Old 02-17-2022 | 03:28 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Thanks. Disappointed that I can't do PECLA delivery, I was super excited for that. I went to Newport Porsche to inquire and put my name down as soon as the Turbo GT was announced but I never got a call so I just went with an out of state dealer who was very responsive.
Old 02-17-2022 | 04:46 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Mine is in Emden waiting for a vessel assignment as well. Hopefully it gets on a ship soon.

Originally Posted by philg3
Old 02-17-2022 | 05:13 PM
Vintage72
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by unotaz
Mine is in Emden waiting for a vessel assignment as well. Hopefully it gets on a ship soon.
Me too, my GTS Coupe is sitting in Emden and has been for almost 2 weeks waiting for a ride to the Port of Houston.
Old 02-19-2022 | 05:11 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Bought a Cayenne Coupe GTS on a whim when I ordered my GT4 (Euro Delivery June) and Macan GTS for wifey (Euro delivery April).

Drove it a couple days, liked it so much I went back and ordered Cayenne Turbo GT, also June Euro Delivery, so it comes State side around September I guess.

Dealer might trade it and GT4 in on arrival, so I can order the next ones maybe before the year is over, or I keep them.

Wifeys Macan is brown, so probably will be a keeper haha…
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNSFHQR4

My Cayenne Turbo GT spec:
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PNM3NU65

Does anyone hoe many they are making?
draler set limited numbers, but they aren’t numbered or anything like the 9974.0RS etc..
Old 02-19-2022 | 05:31 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Bought a Cayenne Coupe GTS on a whim when I ordered my GT4 (Euro Delivery June) and Macan GTS for wifey (Euro delivery April).

Drove it a couple days, liked it so much I went back and ordered Cayenne Turbo GT, also June Euro Delivery, so it comes State side around September I guess.

Dealer might trade it and GT4 in on arrival, so I can order the next ones maybe before the year is over, or I keep them.

draler set limited numbers, but they aren’t numbered or anything like the 9974.0RS etc..
Nice spec on the Turbo GT. Very similar to my car which should be here in a month or two.

Love the Macan as well. I want to get a 2022 GTS but wish they offered the GTS Interior Pkg in Miami Blue instead of Python Green and the standard carmine red / chalk.

I don't think anyone knows the exact number of Turbo GT's that will make it stateside but I doubt it will be more then 1000, probably will end up being about 500. If each dealers gets 2-3 cars we would be looking between 400-600.
Old 02-19-2022 | 06:11 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

He lives! Nice build. Trying to find a coupe GTS for ED as well but having a hard time. Glad to hear you liked it. Over due for another ED trip.
Old 02-19-2022 | 06:45 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Hey! Haha, also here for a Cayenne GTS?

I traded in my 2019 S63 Coupe and expected the Cayenne to be a step down, but no, it’s just as good to drive.
Sound is great, the car isn’t crazy fast but revvy for a V8TT and you dont need a lot of RPM for it to sound great and you get to enjoy it all the time.

We have the insulated glass, but still, even at 140MPH it’s just so smooth and impressively quiet.
Just an all around fantastic I car to daily.

Well see how the Turbo GT does but I may go to another GTS built for ED / full on luxury instead of sporty in the Turbo GT.

Ordered my GT4 Irish Green / gold / yellow..
Should be fun at the Ring Julyish..

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 02-19-2022 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-19-2022 | 07:31 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Yes also for a GTS. Send me a text when you get your pick up dates, I'd swing by the ring to say hi either with or without car.
Old 02-23-2022 | 12:07 AM
Awolf16
Rennlist Member

Default Tracking

How are you guys tracking your orders? I was told by my dealer that Porsche “track your dream” option is only available for the 911.
Old 02-23-2022 | 02:23 AM
unotaz
Drifting

I just call my dealer to get an update. Just checked today, my Turbo GT has arrived in Emden on 2/17 (V331) and waiting for vessel assignment.
Old 02-23-2022 | 02:15 PM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

So I just received a call from my dealership, my Turbo GT will go into production in first week of May with a Late June/Early July delivery. According to Porsche Representative, this is the best they can do as production cannot be stopped 100% in order to correct a “Act of God”. Totally fine with it at this point as the vehicle is already paid for and being I was on a stop sale due to CF Winglets. So the wait begins again. Hopefully people are getting the same response from their SA. Enjoy, Jose

Quick Reply: The turbo GT allocations are available- have you pulled the trigger yet?