Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2021 Cayenne GTS vs Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 02:36 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 793 Likes on 576 Posts

Can't beat the V8 in either car...sound and torque feel versus V6........GTS is the way to go........enough power.......and great looks...
Old 03-01-2021, 04:45 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 733 Likes on 508 Posts

I think both the GTS and Turbo have more power than you can use. If you want more luxury and have the money, get the Turbo. If you like sportier edgier ride/handling and you don't mind more exhaust noise, the GTS might be better for you and you save some money in the process.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:31 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,803 Likes on 1,442 Posts

Originally Posted by kayjh
I think both the GTS and Turbo have more power than you can use.
Until Porsche offers the Binford 6100 Power Kit, I think it could use more power. 😀

Old 03-02-2021, 05:28 PM
pakoris
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

In general what sort of a discount reasonable expected for Turbo & GTS?
Old 03-02-2021, 05:54 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by pakoris
In general what sort of a discount reasonable expected for Turbo & GTS?
Custom order will also be different than off the lot FWIW, if you want my sales manager info who got me a solid discount on a custom build feel free to PM me
Old 03-03-2021, 12:30 AM
Fang911
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 214 Posts

Although these pricing / discount off msrp queries are understandable, they are too general. Do you have a trade-in? Are you looking to custom order or buy something off the lot? If off the lot, is it an unusual color combo / high spec car vs a black / silver / gray low spec car? What part of the country are you in? How many turbo’s or gts’s does the dealer have in stock? How many open allocations do they have? To simply say “oh, you can expect at least X% off” imo is not very helpful to the OP, or anyone else frankly-

Last edited by Fang911; 03-03-2021 at 12:32 AM.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:30 AM
pakoris
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fang911
Although these pricing / discount off msrp queries are understandable, they are too general. Do you have a trade-in? Are you looking to custom order or buy something off the lot? If off the lot, is it an unusual color combo / high spec car vs a black / silver / gray low spec car? What part of the country are you in? How many turbo’s or gts’s does the dealer have in stock? How many open allocations do they have? To simply say “oh, you can expect at least X% off” imo is not very helpful to the OP, or anyone else frankly-
Thanks Fang911, very valid points. I have a trade in and I live in WA. The dealers here are really non-negotiable and one of the main dealers gave me a laughable trade in for my 2020 BMW. So I'm looking interstate now and eastern states seem to be more accommodating.
Old 03-05-2021, 05:49 PM
pakoris
Advanced

Any thoughts about PTV+ as an option? Is that a must have option like real axel steering?
Old 03-05-2021, 06:52 PM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Any thoughts about PTV+ as an option? Is that a must have option like real axel steering?
I may be qualified to answer this. Both my wife’s and my Cayenne Turbo suspensions are nearly identical; equipped with 22” P Zero’s inflated to 39/41psi, Rear Axle Steering, PDCC, and PCCB. The only difference is mine has PTV+. I’ve driven about 800 miles in hers and about 2,000 miles in mine.

The PTV+ seems to keep the rear end more planted (for want of a better term) when accelerating through a bumpy, decreasing radius, off-camber corner I frequently enjoy, pictured and annotated, below. That is the only corner in which I really notice a difference. Although the PTV+ would likely make a much larger difference on a track, it does seem to make a difference in spirited cornering.

I thought I had this corner mastered after driving it for 20+ years in my analog 993. I’m relearning it in the Cayenne, with its higher CG, huge horsepower, and portly curb weight. Oh, and the engine is mounted on the wrong end too.😀 Therefore, I can use all the help I can get from electromechanical gadgets to save me from myself.

Is PTV+ a must have? If you drive it like you stole it - maybe so. Otherwise, the Rear Wheel Steering gives much better utility in day-to-day driving.

Last edited by Schnave; 03-05-2021 at 11:39 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Schnave:
Turbo Racer (03-05-2023), Turrrbo (01-10-2024)
Old 03-05-2021, 11:19 PM
pakoris
Advanced

Thanks for the great explanation and valuable input.

Originally Posted by Schnave
I may be qualified to answer this. Both my wife’s and my Cayenne Turbo suspensions are nearly identical; equipped with 22” P Zero’s inflated to 39/41psi, Rear Axle Steering, PDCC, and PCCB. The only difference is mine has PTV+. I’ve driven about 800 miles in hers and about 2,000 miles in mine.

The PTV+ seems to keep the rear end more planted (for want of a better term) when accelerating through a bumpy, decreasing radius, off-camber corner I frequently enjoy, pictured and annotated, below. That is the only corner in which I really notice a difference. Although the PTV+ would likely make a much larger difference on a track, it does seem to make a difference in spirited cornering.

I thought I had this corner mastered after driving it for 20+ years in my analog 993. I’m relearning it in the Cayenne, with its higher CG, huge horsepower, and portly curb weight. I can use all the help I can get from electromechanical gadgets that save me from myself.

Is PTV+ a must have? If you drive it like you stole it - maybe so. Otherwise, the Rear Wheel Steering gives much better utility in day-to-day driving.

Old 03-08-2021, 12:33 AM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

PTV+ Update: Today I had some fun doing Performance Starts, aka Launch Control in my PTV+ equipped Cayenne Turbo. I noticed that my car’s rear end was rock solid throughout each launch and acceleration; the car tracked straight and true. (My G-meter registered 1.18 G’s of acceleration - Yee Ha!) My straight track was different from my wife’s otherwise identical but non-PTV+ Turbo. Her car’s rear end has a lateral waggle during the acceleration requiring steering corrections to keep the car tracking straight. Is this from the lack of PTV+? Perhaps so; PTV+ is the only difference between our suspensions.

Any others out there experiencing tail wagging during launch control starts? Or does my wife’s car need to go to the shop for a checkup?

Anyhow, this is in keeping with my previous conclusion that PTV+ is worthwhile for high performance driving but of limited benefit during routine trips to the grocery store. However, the same could be said of virtually all performance options on a Porsche. One other thought - the PTV+ is one of the least expensive performance options; maybe the cheapest.

Lastly, as I learn the dynamics of this amazing Porsche, I drive it ever more aggressively as the designers intended. As I do so, I’m beginning to see more and more benefit to PTV+.

Last edited by Schnave; 03-08-2021 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-08-2021, 09:34 AM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Received 810 Likes on 463 Posts

I got 14.2% off sticker on a leftover new 2020 Turbo Coupe. The discount essentially paid for all the options or would have been about the same cost as a nicely optioned GTS.
Old 03-08-2021, 09:38 AM
pakoris
Advanced

Nice, if I may ask. Is it from a west coast dealer or east coast?

Originally Posted by Schnave
PTV+ Update: Today I had some fun doing Performance Starts, aka Launch Control in my PTV+ equipped Cayenne Turbo. I noticed that my car’s rear end was rock solid throughout each launch and acceleration and the car tracked straight and true. (My G-meter registered 1.18 G’s of acceleration - Yee Ha!) My straight track was different from my wife’s otherwise identical but non-PTV+ Turbo. Her car’s rear end has a lateral waggle during the acceleration requiring steering corrections to keep the car tracking straight. Is this from the lack of PTV+? Perhaps so; PTV+ is the only difference between our suspensions.

Any others out there experiencing tail wagging during launch control starts? Or does my wife’s car need to go to the shop for a checkup?

Anyhow, this is in keeping with my previous conclusion that PTV+ is worthwhile for high performance driving but of limited benefit during routine trips to the grocery store. However, the same could be said of virtually all performance options on a Porsche. One other thought - the PTV+ is one of the least expensive performance options; maybe the cheapest.

Lastly, as I learn the dynamics of this amazing Porsche, I drive it ever more aggressively as the designers intended. As I do so, I’m beginning to see more and more benefit to PTV+.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:24 AM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Received 810 Likes on 463 Posts

Nice, if I may ask. Is it from a west coast dealer or east coast?
East coast but they ship anywhere, just like most dealers. They have a Regular Cayenne Turbo with a similar discount I think.
The following users liked this post:
mgx1020 (11-10-2022)
Old 03-09-2021, 01:48 PM
mrquick68
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

finding an in-stock Cayenne will net you a larger discount. We ordered ours, so the discount wasn't as good. But i got exactly what i wanted so I was willing to pay a little more.

Quick Reply: 2021 Cayenne GTS vs Turbo